The discovery thread!
Jan 5, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #46,006 of 102,501
Looks like a sleeping pill to me 8)

That is the ugliest IEM I have ever seen. It looks like some kind of pressurized canister to me... and why all that writing on it?

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #46,007 of 102,501
That is the ugliest IEM I have ever seen. It looks like some kind of pressurized canister to me... and why all that writing on it?

LOL ya I just realized there's like a long fairy tale story written on the IEM shell.

Maybe it's some mantra like Oppoty, Beliefing and Letting Music Burn, but instead of putting it on the box they gotta engrave it permanently on the IEM.

Well I'm interested in the estat tech but gotta agree this IEM looks not very great. I have trouble using IEMs with this kind of bullet like designs too. But as they say, don't judge a book by its cover, maybe it sounds great? Will be looking forward to first impressions/reviews.

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #46,008 of 102,501
Ikr, they can make a better looking iem like the tape but why they use that shape for the singer & writing on the housing?

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #46,010 of 102,501
LOL ya I just realized there's like a long fairy tale story written on the IEM shell.

Maybe it's some mantra like Oppoty, Beliefing and Letting Music Burn, but instead of putting it on the box they gotta engrave it permanently on the IEM.

Well I'm interested in the estat tech but gotta agree this IEM looks not very great. I have trouble using IEMs with this kind of bullet like designs too. But as they say, don't judge a book by its cover, maybe it sounds great? Will be looking forward to first impressions/reviews.

I see a future collaboration:
upload_2020-1-5_8-51-17.png

Jan 5, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #46,011 of 102,501
Ikr, they can make a better looking iem like the tape but why they use that shape for the singer & writing on the housing?
Did you get the Starfield?

Jan 5, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #46,014 of 102,501
So I feel I finally got a good burn in on the TRI I3. Did some cable and tip rolling on them and here is a case where the sound is so big that I figured a wider bored tip is the best way to go. Spiral dots kinda work but they don't really fit good on the nozzle. Then I found my old pouch of whirl wind tips.

And just like that. A BIG wide deep sound from the Tri I3. So much sound coming out of these. These have been steadily growing on me ever since I got them. I have to say these things sounds fantastic. I am way more impressed with these than the FDX1 at half the price I got these for. These beat a lot of earphones that cost a lot more. Sound has tightened up with burn in. Going balanced with these yields some amazing full bodied smooth sound. Vocals sound just superb using these. Reason why these Whirl wind tips works. These tips actually has a design flaw. The stem is way too short and they sit on earphones a bit too shallow which does not allow for the big wide mouth to throw out sonics like a horn that it should. But on the Tri I3. They actually fit right up to the ridge.

Whirl wind tips. Highly recommended on the Tri I3 if you have them.
HTB1xhR4c2MTUeJjSZFKq6ygopXaP.jpg

If you like the whirlwind, you can try the sedna azla (take the short type as the normal one have longer stem). The fit, the material, are better than whirlwind, they are firmer and feels like more high in quality, verdict is they are a bit difficult to find, korea and japan imported eartips.

Btw how is the i3 vs h40? Tell me more especially bass texture, decatly, depth, imaging, soundstage, clarity and midrange. Thanks!

Jan 5, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #46,015 of 102,501

Ironically enough, all they had to do was not write anything at all on the IEM shells and it would be very inoffensive.

On another note, I have my doubts about Shuoers so-called "electrostatic" (electret?) drivers. These are definitely not Sonion ones and all the diagrams they show on product pages don't have the small energizer displayed.

Jan 5, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #46,016 of 102,501
So the Tri I3 when on sale is a killer crazy deal for the sonics. Not to mention I feel it is a great hybrid that represents 3 completely different drivers that actually sound cohesive. I have a feeling the OEM folks that made them learned a thing or two from their first effort in making a similar earphone for NiceHCK in their F3 model. Which you guys know by now was a fail.

Comparing the TRI I3 to the H40 is like comparing Kate Upton to Adriana Lima. It is one of those comparisons where if you get one phone and then eventually get the other I am certain you would prefer which ever new phone you got. They are both equally capable and sound amazing. I do give the leg up on the TRi I3 for vocals and stage is actually one of the widest deepest I have heard for earphones and for a phone that cost less than $200 they are clearly making a statement with these. I agree with @tgx78 that the H40 will sound a bit more analogue. I feel has the punchier bass end. Imaging for me is a toss up but I am using upgraded cables on both. H40 has a bit more extension and sparkle to the treble. After some burn in I feel Tri I3 has a more safe treble end so for treble sensitive guys the TRi I3 will be better for you. The only real draw back of the Tri I3 is that the housing is large. Which is probably the reason why the stage is so large. So if you have smaller ears you might have some comfort issues.

H40 uses a larger shell as well but Tri I3 is a bit larger in comparison. Tri I3 does amp extremely well. Sounds amazing out of my Black label.
Both being very musical sounding earphones I say if your on the fence of getting one or the other. Go with which ever you feel might suite your needs. You can't go wrong with either. Oh and I forgot if your OCD type. You might not like the chrome finish on the Tri I3. They will scratch on you and are prone to leave finger prints and any oils that get on them.

Compared to the NX7 pro. NX7 sound like earphones the TRi I3 and H40 both sound is way more expansive. Due to the planar mids on the TRI I3 it sounds more closer to speakers than earphones. Both earphones are playing at a different level I feel sonically but I have to give it up for them dual carbon nanotubes for bass they got going on the NX7 pros. If you guys are looking for some of the best bang for dollar iems I can't think of any better right now than the H40 or the Tri I3.

I am glad I own both as they have enough sonic differences to warrant keeping not to mention both are exceptional sounding.

Jan 5, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #46,017 of 102,501
Jan 5, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #46,018 of 102,501
Ok since I am mostly classical music listener take this impression with a grain of salt.
Also I am just running them out of my old iphone 6s via apple music as I don’t have the mentioned songs in my music server.

Led Zeppelin’s a whole lot of love:
i3’s vocal and instruments separation seems better than H40 with slightly better imaging. I3 has deeper and wider staging as well. Mids are nicely positioned on both neither recessed nor too forward. I3 vocal seems more dampened and focused, whereas H40’s vocal is slightly diffused with softer tone. I3 bass feels more textured and has faster attack and decay than H40’s softer albeit very impactful and fun bass. I3 sounds more dynamic with better sustained PRaT. Both has reasonably detailed highs with good timbre. I3 overall more enjoyable for me, but some might prefer more analogue sounding H40. Although I would suspect if I have a high res file and play it through my 9038s, this gap might widen with i3’s tendency to responding well with amping.
Bonus- Shouer Tape: Almost too fatiguing to listen. Dry and thin vocal. No go.
Bonus 2- Brainwavs B400: way rolled off either ends making a such boring listen. Maybe good if you are trying to fall sleep while listening. Another no go.

El Dorado FEAR: H40 again has softer vocal and exhibits little bit of sibilance for me here. 2:54 mark, I notice i3 separate everything nicely where as h40 muddies up a little. Easily more enjoyable with I3 on this particular track.

FYI I enjoy both almost equally when they are playing jazz or classical music genre.

Thank you :beerchug:

Jan 5, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #46,019 of 102,501
So the Tri I3 when on sale is a killer crazy deal for the sonics. Not to mention I feel it is a great hybrid that represents 3 completely different drivers that actually sound cohesive. I have a feeling the OEM folks that made them learned a thing or two from their first effort in making a similar earphone for NiceHCK in their F3 model. Which you guys know by now was a fail.

Comparing the TRI I3 to the H40 is like comparing Kate Upton to Adriana Lima. It is one of those comparisons where if you get one phone and then eventually get the other I am certain you would prefer which ever new phone you got. They are both equally capable and sound amazing. I do give the leg up on the TRi I3 for vocals and stage is actually one of the widest deepest I have heard for earphones and for a phone that cost less than $200 they are clearly making a statement with these. I agree with @tgx78 that the H40 will sound a bit more analogue. I feel has the punchier bass end. Imaging for me is a toss up but I am using upgraded cables on both. H40 has a bit more extension and sparkle to the treble. After some burn in I feel Tri I3 has a more safe treble end so for treble sensitive guys the TRi I3 will be better for you. The only real draw back of the Tri I3 is that the housing is large. Which is probably the reason why the stage is so large. So if you have smaller ears you might have some comfort issues.

H40 uses a larger shell as well but Tri I3 is a bit larger in comparison. Tri I3 does amp extremely well. Sounds amazing out of my Black label.
Both being very musical sounding earphones I say if your on the fence of getting one or the other. Go with which ever you feel might suite your needs. You can't go wrong with either. Oh and I forgot if your OCD type. You might not like the chrome finish on the Tri I3. They will scratch on you and are prone to leave finger prints and any oils that get on them.

Compared to the NX7 pro. NX7 sound like earphones the TRi I3 and H40 both sound is way more expansive. Due to the planar mids on the TRI I3 it sounds more closer to speakers than earphones. Both earphones are playing at a different level I feel sonically but I have to give it up for them dual carbon nanotubes for bass they got going on the NX7 pros. If you guys are looking for some of the best bang for dollar iems I can't think of any better right now than the H40 or the Tri I3.

I am glad I own both as they have enough sonic differences to warrant keeping not to mention both are exceptional sounding.
The comparison does seem a bit odd. One is a fairly new exotic design that probably has some polishing needed and the other is a tried and true design that seems like it's probably topping out it's potential and really only pushing the limits of the price/performance ratio....

I've owned good BA/DD hybrids like the it04, so for me, the H40 seems a tad unnecessary for my collection since it's a fairly vanilla design with nothing that really grabs my attention (like a 13mm beryllium driver like the Dunu models have).

Jan 5, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #46,020 of 102,501
New Shuoer product! Hot on the heels of the Tape. Shuoer Singer: https://www.linsoul.com/products/shuoer-singer
If it is truly an Estat driver, I don't recall seeing one below $100 USD.

Specs:
- Electrostatic Driver + 8 mm DD
- Frequency Response: 20 - 30kHz
- Sensitivity: 103 dB/m
- Impedance: 32 ohm
Thanks you! I just ordered it. Why? Well, I like Tape a lot. $15 KZ hybrid copper-SPC cable recovers much of missing mids, still V-shaped but for noisy places this is a good thing actually. It has surprisingly good isolation for vented iem and fits decently well. Shuoer Singer shape will allow me to attach rubber wing on it for even better secure fit (worked well for Sony N3ap). I have to pass on i3 due to its size. It reminds me Hidiz MS4 which I love/hate.. Singer however is small, and did I mention that it has NO dreadful MMCX!
My only concern is that housing is metal and quickly becomes moisture condensate magnet. I had several metal iems fail on me when moisture that tends to collect on the nozzle grill went inside. Well, i3 huge metal housing doesn't bode well for using in humid and cold places. I also wouldn't fall asleep with it for both reasons. What makes Singer different is small size: I can also put silicone sleeve on it to stop heat transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back