The discovery thread!
Dec 19, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #45,871 of 101,055
Watched a few reviews of TRI I3 on YT today since I'm considering on getting one and noticed in all of them, that the shell around MMCX ports looked quite ghetto.
It looks like there is a hole between the connector and the shell, which will probably serve well as a good hiding place for dust, skin particles and all kinds of other crap...
TRI I3.jpg

Attachments

• ad.jpg
    ad.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 0
Dec 19, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #45,872 of 101,055
Watched a few reviews of TRI I3 on YT today since I'm considering on getting one and noticed in all of them, that the shell around MMCX ports looked quite ghetto.
It looks like there is a hole between the connector and the shell, which will probably serve well as a good hiding place for dust, skin particles and all kinds of other crap...

That's a vent hole so your eardrums don't pop. Almost all DD iems have them. Even my KXXS has it.

Dec 19, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #45,874 of 101,055
MY BAD . I see it now and you're right.

Dec 19, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #45,876 of 101,055

Maybe it is an extra venting hole :k701smile:

Dec 20, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #45,877 of 101,055
I doubt you'll be disappointed. I'm tempted to declare them BLON killers.

I also have the Z04A coming today, so I'll be able to provide some comparative impressions tonight. I'm guessing they'll have a similar signature but smoother presentation.

I would really like to try them but I really hate MMCX. I wish they would offer a 2pin version like LZA6 Mini.

Dec 20, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #45,879 of 101,055
No problem. And you were not entirely wrong, since the hole alround the port probably does most of the venting ^^
Don't buy the urbanfun isso14 if that bothers you. The metal around the mmcx connectors is very ghetto and unfinished looking. I'd take a picture but I honestly try to keep changing mmcx cables to an absolute minimum, especially when the connection point looks like this one.....

They do sound great though... blon but better isn't quite accurate. They're a lot more bombastic and vocals are more forward.

Dec 20, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #45,880 of 101,055
10398914_thumb.jpg
So I pointed out the issue with the tips here. description of the tips on their sales page clearly says 2 pair.
I pointed this out and this picture to Shenzenaudio and they are now sending me another 2 boxes of tips. Very cool of them to correct the wrong. I told them I dont care about getting another set of tips that was not the point of me showing this pictures but they are being good and will honor what was described on the page. Seems to be good honest folks.

In other news. Tansio Mirai in the house.
10399308_thumb.jpg

Just got these. TSMR-2. Will report back soon.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #45,881 of 101,055
Dec 20, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #45,882 of 101,055
Hello, everyone.

Here is my review of some IEMS totally unknown to me. This is the NF Audio NA1. They mount a DD with very good technical properties. Their profile is balanced, with some emphasis on the medium-high, is far from the Harman target.
I hope you like it.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nf-audio-na1.24099/reviews#review-23053
I should have bought these instead of the Hibiscus on 11:11. I knew these were good because I had a listen a few months ago at an audio show. Glad to finally see a proper review on these. I want these.
These are built really nicely, had a great fit and were better to my ear than the Ikko OH 10 and the Kanas XXX (listened to them shotgun side by side)

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 4:47 AM Post #45,883 of 101,055
I should have bought these instead of the Hibiscus on 11:11. I knew these were good because I had a listen a few months ago at an audio show. Glad to finally see a proper review on these. I want these.
These are built really nicely, had a great fit and were better to my ear than the Ikko OH 10 and the Kanas XXX (listened to them shotgun side by side)

You've just named three models that interest me. The Hibiscus are on their way home, although they are in a different price range, what do you think?
It's significant that you have compared the OH10 and the Kxxxs and put the NA1 above them... I don't feel like trying them anymore.
However, I have another model that I'm reviewing, whose sound is even better than the NA1:NS Audio NS5MKII Bass. They have a similar profile to the Kanas Pro, slightly less bass, but with more technical capacity, more clarity, resolution and definition. In addition, they live up to their name, providing a natural sound. I hope to publish the review soon.

Dec 21, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #45,884 of 101,055
Welp, my second Z04A unit just arrived, DOA on the right channel just like the first set. While I'm thoroughly enjoying the Z05A, I can't rec the Z04A because there seems to be a QC issue with the batch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back