The discovery thread!
Dec 10, 2019 at 12:43 AM Post #45,736 of 100,897
https://www.ear-phone-review.com/entry/Yinyoo_TRI-i3

There's a review here in Japanese, quite detailed review, just google translate.
Seems this reviewer says it is quite analytical sounding, and sounds more like a headphone than an IEM. U shaped.

There're some scattered amazon Japan reviews too on the TRI I3, rather equivocal though.

Could u translate what this reviewer is saying about the TRI I3?
Sure, but its a pretty long review, so I'll only be able to translate parts of it due to lack of time. He mentions that TRI is a sub brand of KBEAR, but more angled towards a higher end market. He describes how the I3 is a hybrid utilizing a planar magnetic, a BA and a dynamic driver. He says that they sound spectacular and that's why he is using the roses as a background--because that's how they make him feel...like in a dream. They just make him find the music more fun and more enjoyable. After he describes what comes in the box and the build quality, which he says is very good, he describes the sound.

They have a very spacious soundstage and excellent imaging. Not the very biggest soundstage he has heard, but quite large in any case. He says positioning instruments in the sound field is very easy. Which also makes them great for gaming.

He goes on to say that the quality of the dynamic driver is quite good and the quality of the bass is exceptionally good. The bass is well defined and responsive and always seems to proportion the right amount depending on the needs of the song. In terms of speed, definition, clarity, etc the lows are truly excellent. He says that he doesn't find the bass quantity lacking. It's not the kind of basshead bass that really rumbles your head, but he doesn't think we would really find the bass lacking either.

The mids are another area where these IEMs really shine. He says the planar driver takes care of the mids and part of the highs. The mids are clear, precise...and across the different sub frequencies of the mids they sound fabulous. He sums them up by saying they are the best mids he has ever heard in any IEM. He says that the lower mids allow you to have that depth to the music that's always needed, while the natural mids are perfectly clear and very defined and precise. The upper mids offer very high definition and are extremely detailed, but they aren't harsh.

This IEM also stands out in terms of the highs...well they stand out in everything, he clarifies. They have fantastic highs. Are they sibilant? No. They are going to sound a little sibilant in songs where it should be there, which is how highs should be, but they aren't painful at all. On the other hand you're going to have a ton of details and a large, open and airy sound quality. He loves the highs in these earphones.

Between all the frequencies they sound very...well, not flat...but very balanced. He thinks it's a much better sound than what a flat signature would be. A fun sound that allows you to fully enjoy your music. He talks about how it allows him to "rescue" music that he didn't listen to for a while due to poor quality, because they are still sufficiently forgiving and because of how good they sound.

He also believes they could be used for studio monitoring work thanks to how clear, precise and balanced they are. They probably won't work for live stage monitoring because the isolation isn't sufficient. The ergonomics are good. They are heavy, but he found them to be extremely comfortable. He had them in his ears for 9 hours straight listening to music and watching movies and had no issue with comfort. He again states that they are the best sounding IEMs that he has listened to and he really loves them. He later points out that they aren't easy to drive. They need power. A cell phone, for example, typically isn't going to drive them the way they should, so keep that in mind. The I3 are his top recommendation for 2019.

Hope that helps. And thanks for sharing that Japanese review. I also speak Japanese, but not really well. The auto translate I'm sure is better than I could do.

Dec 10, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #45,737 of 100,897
Sure, but its a pretty long review, so I'll only be able to translate parts of it due to lack of time. He mentions that TRI is a sub brand of KBEAR, but more angled towards a higher end market. He describes how the I3 is a hybrid utilizing a planar magnetic, a BA and a dynamic driver. He says that they sound spectacular and that's why he is using the roses as a background--because that's how they make him feel...like in a dream. They just make him find the music more fun and more enjoyable. After he describes what comes in the box and the build quality, which he says is very good, he describes the sound.

They have a very spacious soundstage and excellent imaging. Not the very biggest soundstage he has heard, but quite large in any case. He says positioning instruments in the sound field is very easy. Which also makes them great for gaming.

He goes on to say that the quality of the dynamic driver is quite good and the quality of the bass is exceptionally good. The bass is well defined and responsive and always seems to proportion the right amount depending on the needs of the song. In terms of speed, definition, clarity, etc the lows are truly excellent. He says that he doesn't find the bass quantity lacking. It's not the kind of basshead bass that really rumbles your head, but he doesn't think we would really find the bass lacking either.

The mids are another area where these IEMs really shine. He says the planar driver takes care of the mids and part of the highs. The mids are clear, precise...and across the different sub frequencies of the mids they sound fabulous. He sums them up by saying they are the best mids he has ever heard in any IEM. He says that the lower mids allow you to have that depth to the music that's always needed, while the natural mids are perfectly clear and very defined and precise. The upper mids offer very high definition and are extremely detailed, but they aren't harsh.

This IEM also stands out in terms of the highs...well they stand out in everything, he clarifies. They have fantastic highs. Are they sibilant? No. They are going to sound a little sibilant in songs where it should be there, which is how highs should be, but they aren't painful at all. On the other hand you're going to have a ton of details and a large, open and airy sound quality. He loves the highs in these earphones.

Between all the frequencies they sound very...well, not flat...but very balanced. He thinks it's a much better sound than what a flat signature would be. A fun sound that allows you to fully enjoy your music. He talks about how it allows him to "rescue" music that he didn't listen to for a while due to poor quality, because they are still sufficiently forgiving and because of how good they sound.

He also believes they could be used for studio monitoring work thanks to how clear, precise and balanced they are. They probably won't work for live stage monitoring because the isolation isn't sufficient. The ergonomics are good. They are heavy, but he found them to be extremely comfortable. He had them in his ears for 9 hours straight listening to music and watching movies and had no issue with comfort. He again states that they are the best sounding IEMs that he has listened to and he really loves them. He later points out that they aren't easy to drive. They need power. A cell phone, for example, typically isn't going to drive them the way they should, so keep that in mind. The I3 are his top recommendation for 2019.

Hope that helps. And thanks for sharing that Japanese review. I also speak Japanese, but not really well. The auto translate I'm sure is better than I could do.

Thanks for the spanish translation. I think planars in general would need some juice to drive them to their fullest potential.
Looks quite a worthy set to consider, definitely one on my wishlist.

Dec 10, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #45,738 of 100,897
Thanks for the spanish translation. I think planars in general would need some juice to drive them to their fullest potential.
Looks quite a worthy set to consider, definitely one on my wishlist.
Yeah, you're welcome. It's definitely on my watch list too. I'll wait for more impressions for now.

Dec 10, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #45,739 of 100,897
I would be interested in your EQ results and have you got any more pictures?

Normally i am not that type of person to use EQ but the Hisenior A6 is quite balanced with a bump in the mids. I dial down the mid frequencies a bit and bump up the bass a bit as i like my bass. I haven't got much time yet to experiment even more and it is probably very personal how to EQ them to you liking. IMHO they handle EQing quite well. Yesterday i listened for another hour. I am really appreciating the detail retrieval on these.

IMG_0785.jpg IMG_5308.jpg

A6, A6 with Campfire Polaris & Blon BL-03

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #45,740 of 100,897
Just tested the Mofasest Trio and I must say it has a very complete sound since it boasts 3 different types of drivers. For the bass, it uses a 10mm dynamic driver and the expression is tight with quick decay. The sub-bass provides a swift rumble. The mid-bass has fair body and it presents a controlled slam. No signs of the bass being overpowering. The Trio uses 2 BA for the midrange, vocals are belted out in a detailed and leaner manner. There is good transparency level with moderate body. Lastly, it uses 2 ESTs for the treble. I like how the treble is generally smooth and there is an airy feeling. There is a very open soundstage. All in all, this is the first IEM I try from Mofasest and it is quite brilliant with good implementation of DD, BA & EST. Having heard more expensive IEMs that use similar drivers combination, I can say that Mofasest hit it out of the ballpark with a satisfying listen and without a flagship pricing.

7b7057d9-f9d7-4486-9493-eed6ac22b31c.jpeg

Dec 10, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #45,741 of 100,897

Great, now I'm going to spend the rest of the day on my Ali cart hovering over the order button.

I think we all know we all know what the result to this will be since I can get to them for $120 to right now. How can I afford not to?

Dec 10, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #45,743 of 100,897
4 days still left with this price, our wallet silently hopes for some dirt in the upcoming reviews. :fingers_crossed:
:grin:
Yeah, my self control didn't last at all... I've ordered them.

Dec 10, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #45,744 of 100,897
The F3 from nicehck is very similar in design to the I3 and I always thought they had potential. Tuning was off on them though. So I am looking forward to the I3. Looks like they revised how the drivers sit in the inside of the housing too. Looks like these might be what the F3 should have been.

Dec 10, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #45,745 of 100,897
The F3 from nicehck is very similar in design to the I3 and I always thought they had potential. Tuning was off on them though. So I am looking forward to the I3. Looks like they revised how the drivers sit in the inside of the housing too. Looks like these might be what the F3 should have been.
I was sold with the description of the soundstage. As a planar I know it'll need power, which I have plenty of. Worried basically about it not having enough bass for me. We'll see.... But it should be an interesting pair if nothing else and I could probably sell them for $80-90 if I really don't gel with them. I don't own any kbear items so it checks that box for me too since they're kbears "luxury" brand. I really liked the aesthetic design of the i4 but really had to many similar pairs, but I don't have something like this.... Sold.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #45,747 of 100,897
The Tri I3 does look like it has some great potential so I am on board as well. I ordered my I3 during BF sales. I think they just shipped them 2 days ago. Lol. Love slow shipping!
I ordered from kbear in hopes they want to get these into our grubby hands ASAP.

This price is definitely an attractive attempt to undercut the tin p1 (but with bass!) And compete with the bqeyz spring 1 and shuoer tape.

Dec 10, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #45,748 of 100,897
The Tri I3 does look like it has some great potential so I am on board as well. I ordered my I3 during BF sales. I think they just shipped them 2 days ago. Lol. Love slow shipping!
Tell me about it. I ordered the LZ A6 on 11/11 and still haven't received it. Ugh...

Dec 10, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #45,750 of 100,897
Question from a chifi noob - where does the KZ ZS10 Pro fit in to the current bang for buck scene in terms of quality? Just picked up a pair to send to a relative who's a huge music fan but still uses his Apple Earpods as they are locally available on Amazon in the UK. Wondering how they sit against the current flavours of the month in the sub $100 or sub $50 IEM landscape?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back