The discovery thread!
Aug 3, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #43,216 of 100,494
I wish that multiple graphs would be put in spoilers so that they would be easy to scroll past for those who do not care about seeing them. I look at a graph and I "hear" nothing. I relate more to a real person describing how they sound, particularly when they mention specific songs.
I agree....ears can’t read graphs! - whereas terms like “musicality” always seems to be overlooked!

Aug 3, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #43,217 of 100,494
found another graph of NX7
For the record, this measurement is mine. It was taken using a Dayton iMM-6 microphone using a vinyl tubing coupler and a calibrated USB sound interface, compensated to pseudo-IEC specs. The measurements are presented with 1/24th smoothing. Standard disclaimers (There is a resonant peak at 8k, measurements above 10k are not reliable) apply.

Aug 3, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #43,218 of 100,494
I wish that multiple graphs would be put in spoilers so that they would be easy to scroll past for those who do not care about seeing them. I look at a graph and I "hear" nothing. I relate more to a real person describing how they sound, particularly when they mention specific songs.
Similarly, someone with a different set of ears to mine listening to a song I've never heard is pretty pointless information without some objective hook. I think both are necessary.

Aug 3, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #43,219 of 100,494
NX7 Compensated vs Non-Compensated.jpg
I've attached this image to give an idea of what the compensation file does. Red is compensated, blue is raw.

As for the NX7, they're better than the N3, but they still are an IEM designed for detail retrieval at the expense of fatigue-free listening. I agree with @Otto Motor that most people should just buy the M6 and the brass filter for them.
Full review to follow.

Aug 3, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #43,223 of 100,494
Snatched up one of these for 95 cent in a chinese dollar store. Best solution I've found so far for my daily needs on the road - folds up to the size of a pack of ciggies.

Wow do u have a link? This is super useful.

Aug 3, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #43,224 of 100,494
So I did some cable rolling last night. Carlsan was completely correct on the copper aspect to enhance the sound of the NX7

HTB1msunXZfrK1RkSnb4q6xHRFXaC.jpg

This cable brings the sound of the NX7 to a different level. Guys that was having issue with thinner mids.. Try this cable it is a game changer on the NX7. While I liked my silver cable I was using on the NX7. Still has the best precision from the phone using that cable but this crystal copper makes the NX7 much more musical. .Fuller thicker bass notes which also affects the mids. Treble is toned down a touch in the process. Balances the sound amazingly well.

This is the NiceHCK version but you can find it cheaper if you look..

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #43,225 of 100,494
Wow do u have a link? This is super useful.
As I've said I've found mine in a chinese dollar store (in the cosmetics corner, lol) but I just searched for "pill box" on AE and found quite a few similar boxes for 1€ and upwards, free shipping incl. e.g. ...

Screenshot_2019-08-03-16-22-43-199_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd-01.jpeg

Just search for "pill box" on AE, happy shopping ...

(Dang, 58 things in my shopping cart and no money left on my credit card for another week (safety limit)

Aug 3, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #43,227 of 100,494
I got mine this morning and I find them astonishingly good, and not just for the money. Two caveats though:

1) I used to consider myself a treble head
2) I'm an old dog at 41, and tone tests suggest I can't hear much above 16khz.

The treble may not be accurate, but the sparkle is awesome, almost splashy. On the other end, once I got a good seal I was shocked at how much bass there was. I have Modhouse Argons, bassy full size headphones, and this bass strikes me as similar in that I felt it so strongly in a couple songs it made me nervous.

Getting a good seal was problematic. The. Nozzles are slightly short, no deep insertion. I ended up settling with a medium size horn tip. Nowhere near as many fit issues as the Tinhifi T2pro that I greatly regret buying.

The soundstage is not large, nor accurate, but it's not congested either. I haven't yet listened to a song that confused these. That said I've only listened for about 5 hours.

I used a Shanling m3s directly, and my Sabaj D5 DAC/AMP along with a ifi iematch. I'm using the nicehck 16 core balanced cable.

These might be iem endgame for me, I prefer full size headphones. My other notable IEMS are Triple Fi 10s converted to customs with a mid driver added and Tenhz P4 Pros. I daresay these are better than both for my old ears. I'm glad I took a chance.

Aug 3, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #43,228 of 100,494
I tested the NiceHCK NX7 all afternoon with all sorts of amps and tips including Complys etc. I then plugged in the similarly priced NiceHCK M6 (with these third party filters; they are otherwise drowned in mud): citius, altius, fortius. The M6 are the much better earphone - and that by some margin: wider and deeper stage, a present, intimate midrange, and a much better detail resolution than the NX7. It felt as if I had added another dimension. @Dsnuts owns the M6 and should give us his account...after all opinions are subjective :wink:. Even co-blogger Biodegraded liked the M6, which is a rare exception.

In fact, and I said this before, after having dipped into a few "premium-er" earphones after my M6 review, the M6s have stood the test of time...well, they were released in late 2018. They are a helluva earphone and a true value at 80 some bucks.

Hey, it is never too late to run another hype train out of the station.

P.S. Somebody said is yesterday and I wholeheartedly agree: NiceHCK appear to include their standard accessories with every earphone, whether they harmonize with it or not.

I have to pull my M6's out - haven't listened to them for a couple of months, but I really loved them.

Aug 3, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #43,229 of 100,494
I got mine this morning and I find them astonishingly good, and not just for the money. Two caveats though:

1) I used to consider myself a treble head
2) I'm an old dog at 41, and tone tests suggest I can't hear much above 16khz.

The treble may not be accurate, but the sparkle is awesome, almost splashy. On the other end, once I got a good seal I was shocked at how much bass there was. I have Modhouse Argons, bassy full size headphones, and this bass strikes me as similar in that I felt it so strongly in a couple songs it made me nervous.

Getting a good seal was problematic. The. Nozzles are slightly short, no deep insertion. I ended up settling with a medium size horn tip. Nowhere near as many fit issues as the Tinhifi T2pro that I greatly regret buying.

The soundstage is not large, nor accurate, but it's not congested either. I haven't yet listened to a song that confused these. That said I've only listened for about 5 hours.

I used a Shanling m3s directly, and my Sabaj D5 DAC/AMP along with a ifi iematch. I'm using the nicehck 16 core balanced cable.

These might be iem endgame for me, I prefer full size headphones. My other notable IEMS are Triple Fi 10s converted to customs with a mid driver added and Tenhz P4 Pros. I daresay these are better than both for my old ears. I'm glad I took a chance.

Shanling M3s is a great match for the NX7. Love how it sounds just straight out in balanced out of it. Speaking of Shanling.

IF you guys was looking for a great sounding dap. I mean GREAT sounding dap. Drop.com got a sale on the Shanling M5s. For $350. Crazy price for performance.https://drop.com/buy/shanling-m5s-digital-audio-player

Oh and your not that old my man. Lol.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #43,230 of 100,494
Ok a little bit of an update on NX7
That thing is starting to grow on me, I don't know if it is a burn in or I am getting used to the sound
After a lot of experimentation with cables and tips here are my findings - with copper cable the treble feels less aggressive but with more grainy type of tone, there's no way to fix the thin sounding treble but with silver plated cable the grain is lowered, the treble is more fine and airy
Tips - with narrow bore tips the bass feel like it is more but the treble sound thinner, also the soundstage is suffering a bit, with wider bore tips (****) the sound is more open
However none of those "measures" will fix the overall colored presentation but in my case I feel there's nothing more I can do to improve them further
I made some comparisons today with simgot em1 and trn x6, the nx7 is a mile ahead for technicalities, the tonality has room for improvement
IMG_20190804_153151.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back