The discovery thread!
Aug 2, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #43,141 of 99,885
After 70 hours of playtime (the manufacturer recommends 50 hours of "burn-in/break-in"), nothing has changed in the NiceHCK NX7's frequency response (and therefore in sound quantity). The small differences are within measurement error (insertion depth etc.). Whether, for example, that 2 kHz area sounds any different now, I can't comment on.

More commented measurements on the green blog.

received the nx7 the other day. a few initial observations:
1. these arrived in chicago in seven days, which is a record--it typically takes 30-45 days from china.
2. very bright and very, very revealing--they present more information and a different signature than my brain is accustomed to.
3. like the noble-but-failed nx3, the nx7 is reverse L-shaped and treble forward; however other than an audible dip in the midbass region they are very well-integrated across frequencies.
4. bass seemed eq'd out at first--switching to complys totally improved the balance and brought out a well-sculpted, prominent subbass.
5. lean overall; notes don't have alot of body.

will post full review on the blog and here.

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #43,142 of 99,885
So I got a message from Jim this morning. NX7 is taking off big time for them. Seems to be getting universal praise from enthusiasts around the world.

It seems they now know what type of tuning to go for. This will be some interesting times for NiceHCK. I think they are about to step up thier game when it comes to sound design. Good for them and it will most certainly be good for us. I am excited to see what they come up with next. Lol.

Aug 2, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #43,144 of 99,885
Ok first impressions of the nx7 - bright, aggressive, uneven, stabbing, fatigue, lack of body, artificial, digital
IMG_20190731_162536.jpg

Aug 2, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #43,145 of 99,885
Not one good sound quality aspect on them, That is interesting. I don't question how your hearing them but I do question if your getting a good seal in your ear. That is how I would describe it if I wasn't getting a good sound seal for the NX7. If your using the stock tips I wouldn't. Not exactly a good match for the sound.

Try this and that.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #43,146 of 99,885
Not one good sound quality aspect on them, That is interesting.

Now we just need someone to pipe in with the usual "Thanks for being honest and for dispelling the hype herp derp" style comment and the trifecta will be complete, lol.

Aug 2, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #43,148 of 99,885
Now we just need someone to pipe in with the usual "Thanks for being honest and for dispelling the hype herp derp" style comment and the trifecta will be complete, lol.

I do it and expected no less than stabbing from these graphs. :wink:

Aug 2, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #43,149 of 99,885
Not one good sound quality aspect on them, That is interesting. I don't question how your hearing them but I do question if your getting a good seal in your ear. That is how I would describe it if I wasn't getting a good sound seal for the NX7. If your using the stock tips I wouldn't. Not exactly a good match for the sound.

Try this and that.
will try other tips, the gray stock ones are comfortable but will try sony tips just in case

Aug 2, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #43,151 of 99,885
I was waiting for someone who points negative aspects of NX7 (edit: because I'm pretty sure that are there and, in fact, I'm pretty sure too that NX7 is not for me for what I've read). It would be good too to know the phones at that piece range that do these things better.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #43,153 of 99,885
Just got my NX7 today. While I can see some good stuff in them, especially pricewise I would really like Jim not to try to tune his other IEMs like this. I can see why some people would like how NX7 sounds but a common audience won't accept such tuning. In different words NX7 is for those who likes spicy stuff and in reality music does not sound the way they reproduce it. I also think a mature audience could like them. Whoever is obsessed with detail should look into NX7, however if you look into smooth/natural tuning then NX7 is a no-no.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #43,154 of 99,885

Try this and that.

Listened for another hour today and he certainly has a point.

Even though i am enjoying them i experience them as quite bright and sometimes a bit artificial. The separation and detail retrieval is lovely though.

Tried some tip rolling but that never seems to have much impact for me. I always have to use S size tips.

Currently using the red stock tips. Spinfits also work great. With wide bore tips i lose the bass impact.

Not experiencing his other points though.

Aug 2, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #43,155 of 99,885
Listened for another hour today and he certainly has a point.

Even though i am enjoying them i experience them as quite bright and sometimes a bit artificial. The separation and detail retrieval is lovely though.

Tried some tip rolling but that never seems to have much impact for me. I always have to use S size tips.

Currently using the red stock tips. Spinfits also work great. With wide bore tips i lose the bass impact.

Not experiencing his other points though.

You can't bring out so many detail and keep IEM sound natural & realistic. That's another price range I guess. In NX7 price range you either go for realistic sound but lose detail or go for detail and end up with dry/somewhat synthetic sound. However, they sometimes do that detail stuff in a very interesting way and it's nice considering they cost below 100 USD.

I have never heard Solaris but NX7 somehow sound similar to Andromeda in tuning to me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back