The discovery thread!
Dec 14, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #40,756 of 100,767
Diamond Like Carbon is what Campfire Audio uses on their higher end Dynamic earphones. Carbon Nanotubes. Vets of this thread should know all about. This drivers is a nice upgrade to the older graphene they used on the IT01. Early reports is that it is not a V shaped signature but more balanced.

I suspect these will push SQ quite a bit for the money. I have yet to be let down by an Ibasso earphone so I have high expectations of this earphone. I will most definitely let you guys know how it sounds once I get it in a weeks time. Looking forward to this. This is easily a day one purchase for me.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #40,757 of 100,767
LOL, you know resistance is futile MB:rolling_eyes::beerchug:

Well, there is no good deal on the Kanas at the moment... it costs ALOT more than anything else I have.... well, not more than my headphones:)

Dec 14, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #40,758 of 100,767
Yes and believe me if and when you make that next tier climb your wallet will be screaming:scream: I think I ordered the Secret Garden, IDUN, Nine Tails and DMG's within the same month period only to realize once again I only have one set of ears:anguished::fearful::cry:

OK Ds I saw iBasso's ad/post on the "S" model but another hundred dollars just based on some fancy words?

@CoiL really needs to get a hold of a pair of these because his love for the original would be my deciding factor at this point:wink:

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #40,759 of 100,767
crinacle
Initial impressions: not bad. A less bassy IT01 with more treble, which makes it sound more balanced and still just as pleasantly tuned (albeit for a different crowd). Still a fun sounding IEM but with details pushed a little more forward.
5ftt69esb9421.jpg

Dec 14, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #40,764 of 100,767
that is the distortion measurements of Kanas Pro, at 20-30hz is 0.2 %, after that everything is below 0.1%

I have to learn to read these graphs.. lol still a nooob. but you are selling it well for me .i might just cave in and buy it

edit: from the graphs. kanas vs pro seems very similar except more bass on kanas? treble is close. is it better to get the original?

i compared the specs and it seems identical.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #40,767 of 100,767
I have to learn to read these graphs.. lol still a nooob. but you are selling it well for me .i might just cave in and buy it

edit: from the graphs. kanas vs pro seems very similar except more bass on kanas? treble is close. is it better to get the original?

i compared the specs and it seems identical.
Kanas Pro have good sub bass kick and rumble, it is very tight and clean, if you want a little bit more go for the Kanas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back