The discovery thread!
Nov 28, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #40,141 of 99,823
Here's a question for those of you that may use Bluetooth headphones. My daughter prefers small portable headphones with Bluetooth.
Her set just went on her so I gave her a wired set to carry her over until Christmas.
Any recommendations on a decent pair of Bluetooth headphones, small but not super small, that I can get for her? They will partner with a recent model iPhone.
Thanks.
On ear?

Nov 28, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #40,142 of 99,823
Here's a question for those of you that may use Bluetooth headphones. My daughter prefers small portable headphones with Bluetooth.
Her set just went on her so I gave her a wired set to carry her over until Christmas.
Any recommendations on a decent pair of Bluetooth headphones, small but not super small, that I can get for her? They will partner with a recent model iPhone.
Thanks.
https://www.rha-audio.com/us/products/headphones/true-connect

I am getting one for my girlfriend for Christmas, she doesn't want anything big or bulky.

Screenshot_20181128-124039_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #40,143 of 99,823
Do you also hear vocal recession on yours?
I don't think so. As I said, I noticed it mainly on guitar.
I don't listen to female vocals nor to some higher pitched male vocals, maybe here one could notice it more.

Nov 28, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #40,145 of 99,823
OK guys I am going to make one post about my latest headphone purchase the KEF Porsche Space One wired headphone I have linked the Newegg page for it since they have it in sale. But for Canadians these are on sale until midnight tonight at Visions Electronics.

No these are not new but there is damn near zero information on them. They deserve more than they have got and at at $100 they are an absolute steal. They offer the same type of sound as the Kef M500 but will not slip off your head and offer amazing isolation (and that's with the ANC turned off...). Wait a minute, what ANC, oh did I forget to mention they have ANC? This headphone is the only true audiophile ANC headphone I have ever heard. They kick the crap out of my Sony MDR1000XM3, my NAD HP70, and any Bose I have heard or owned in regards to detail and basic audio quality.

So why weren't they popular? Simple, KEF made stupid mistakes regarding basic design (why make a portable headphone and not include a smartphone cable?). Who the hell uses disposable batteries anymore?

OK, actually only the cable decision actually has true merit in regards to a bad decision... so why is this? Well here's the kicker. These are meant to be primarily used with the ANC off. That's right these sound amazing without ANC and only good with ANC. So wait, doesn't that mean they SUCK? No, it means we are so used to ANC products only sounding good when enabled we think they have to sound better enabled or they are no good. This headphone has ANC that is as good as the old QC25 while maintaining about 80% of its sound quality. So it trades off sound quality for ANC, which when needed (jets, trains, transit) will give a very good audiophile type sound while drowning out that jet engine. Yes its only 80% but if you r canceling out that much noise you would never be able to hear the extra detail anyway.

The rest of the time you simply turn off the ANC and enjoy AMAZING music with above average passive noise isolation. I suspect 1 triple A battery will likely last me over a year and if it ever dies then damn I am stuck with listening to this headphone at its absolute BEST sound quality!

I am going to get myself a tiny interconnect cable and velcro my ES100 to the side of this baby and listen to the ABSOLUTE BEST music I have heard wirelessly and more or less cable free. Sure it will look a bit dorky but the sound will make up for that and if it's too dorky I will get a 1 foot cable and carry the ES100 in my shirt pocket.

Seriously guys, at $100 I dont think you will find a better sounding headphone and the ANC option is just icing in the cake...

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #40,147 of 99,823
Get a life? Speak like an adult man and be specific instead of general insults

My life?...I am going to walk through that door you opened...like a child (1/2 way)

Raised money for elderly pets that often cannot find homes so this awesome woman who does do that(take care and find homes for elderly animals ) got support. Some of my viewers just threw $50 at the cause and walked away cuz...they love animals.

Building Christmas, thumbnail is as much as ya need. Will be done next week. I work inside. I do this for the kids and neighborhood.

Focus on the dude (which you made no comment on) who is about to trash an item he was trashing before he got it and don't worry about what awesome people like me and the folks who help good causes do. Put up or shhhadup. You did what today...besides spam?

LPGT+ DM6 mmmmm yeah!

Hey HBB, I saw your vid and I know that you think the Lotoo’s have a great EQ section. Do you find yourself wanting to EQ the DM6? I find myself wanting to push up the trebles a bit and 2k especially (or maybe it’s pull down some of the rest). Just wondering, because my EQ on the Shanling M3s is less than stellar.

Nov 28, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #40,149 of 99,823
Hey HBB, I saw your vid and I know that you think the Lotoo’s have a great EQ section. Do you find yourself wanting to EQ the DM6? I find myself wanting to push up the trebles a bit and 2k especially (or maybe it’s pull down some of the rest). Just wondering, because my EQ on the Shanling M3s is less than stellar.

I have not started sweeping to check. I do not trust the graphs up till now so waiting on @antdroid to do one and a few others. I like the laid back sound mine has. No sense of fatigue or odd spikes. My mids are not scooped or in need of adjust. But of course I will play

thats great to know HBB! and Chris....dont abandon us on the forums.....we need your leadership!!! its like getting lost in the toy store......

No, just for today. I got Christmas decorations to work on :wink: I'll be back

Nov 28, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #40,150 of 99,823
Back on topic. Picked up a set of Pioneer SE CH3T micro-driver iems over Black Friday. Look to be on target for arrival tomorrow, pending no further delays with Canada Post. Haven't heard a new micro-driver in ages and with Pioneer's history using them, hopefully they'll be good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 28, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #40,151 of 99,823
I have not started sweeping to check. I do not trust the graphs up till now so waiting on @antdroid to do one and a few others. I like the laid back sound mine has. No sense of fatigue or odd spikes. My mids are not scooped or in need of adjust. But of course I will play

No, just for today. I got Christmas decorations to work on :wink: I'll be back

I dont have a DM6 to measure. For the most part, I trust yours, @B9Scrambler 's and a few other's ears for this one. I would flat out buy it but I spent too much money on audio gear the past few months and trying to downsize my stuff at the same time. It's getting enough praise that I'm sure it's solid. I do believe I will be getting a "sample" in the future whenever their backlog clears but doesnt bother me either way. I have plenty of other stuff I've bought or have on loan from another site to use and review.

The whole reviewing credibility topic keeps coming back. I just want to put this out there. I'm new to it, but it's a lot of work between listening, trying on different tips (for IEMs), using it on different gear, different environments, and taking photos/videos and post-processing. Is there bias? There's always going to be some bias. You get a review sample. Yay. It's nice but you may end up getting something that absolutely sucks and you still feel obligated to review it properly. You may get something good, and you praise it. You may buy your own stuff and review it. Then you may either be hyping it up because you bought it and justifying the cost, or you may hate it extra harsh because you just spent a bunch of money on something that wasnt to your liking. It's probably why if you look at Amazon or other sites, you typically only see 1 star or 5 star reviews -- people either love it or hate it.

But yes, if you never have heard something, you shouldnt be saying such definitive statements. But that's really a common thing on the internet, always had and will probably continue to be.

Okay, back on-topic. Not an IEM -- but if you havent heard the Loxjie P20 tube hybrid amp, it's a pretty sweet deal for under $100 for a fully balanced tube amp. I'm sure the OI is probably high though -- havent measured it yet. But it's got tons of power for over-ears.

I will also be getting those new TRN fully wireless BT things tomorrow I think. Hopefully they are worth the price and wait.

Nov 28, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #40,152 of 99,823
So I have been doing my write up tonight of the M6. Of course I am gonna write about how they come in the box sonically. But I have been using my ALo super litz cable on them. Went back to the stock cable.

The difference is not little. Resolution changes from excellent to average. My remarks about how other cables changes the DMG/ M6 was reaffirmed to me again. It went from fuller thicker more detailed sound with precision and great imagery to flatter thinner sounding less dynamic less defined with the stock cable. I know I may sound like a quack on this but man the difference is so clear to me. Especially going from the higher end cable to the stock one. All this shows me is the DMG/ M6 has way more potential than you think. Unlike Ibasso that actually realizes the potential of their $100 earphones with a nicer cable and actually include one in their package. The OEM that makes these are gonna cut cost on of all things the cable. To put it simple. Your cable that came with your M6/DMGs are restricting how these really sound.

Due to how much sound changes with cables on the M6. I am gonna use these as my cable tester earphones. One word of advice. try your other cables you have on hand. Be it from another earphone or if you own a few other cables. Give them a go on your DMGs. Cable swap highly recommended.

Nov 28, 2018 at 11:24 PM Post #40,153 of 99,823
Ok guys I need a short 10cm 3.5mm male to male interconnect that's skinny enough to into my headphone. I would prefer one that has right angled connectors or at least 1 right angle connector. But is has to fit the headphone port. I will attach a picture of headphone connector so you have anie of size.

I am going to use it to connect my ES100 to my KEF Space One headphone.

I would prefer not having wait for a month or more for it come from China. Any ideas or suggestions? I have checked ebay, monoprice, and amazon but have not seen many that look like they will work right.

15434654174886506314754121500153.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #40,155 of 99,823
Ok guys I need a short 10cm 3.5mm male to male interconnect that's skinny enough to into my headphone. I would prefer one that has right angled connectors or at least 1 right angle connector. But is has to fit the headphone port. I will attach a picture of headphone connector so you have anie of size.

I am going to use it to connect my ES100 to my KEF Space One headphone.

I would prefer not having wait for a month or more for it come from China. Any ideas or suggestions? I have checked ebay, monoprice, and amazon but have not seen many that look like they will work right.

Fiio L17 on Amazon
FiiO Right-Angle 3.5mm Stereo Audio Cable (L17)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back