The discovery thread!
Nov 25, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #39,991 of 102,823
btw, I ordered the DM6 on 11/11 and they are telling me that due to the volume of orderes theres a huge waiting list for it and they dont know when more stock will come out.

Are they yanking my chain and i should ask for a refund or have more patience ?

Nov 25, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #39,992 of 102,823
That is a question you should give the answer to by yourself.

I ordered a customised DM6 on 11.11. myself and I for one will patiently wait (expecting to hold it in my hands not before 2019)...

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #39,993 of 102,823
btw, I ordered the DM6 on 11/11 and they are telling me that due to the volume of orderes theres a huge waiting list for it and they dont know when more stock will come out.

Are they yanking my chain and i should ask for a refund or have more patience ?

That is a question you should give the answer to by yourself.

I ordered a customised DM6 on 11.11. myself and I for one will patiently wait...

Which shops did you guys buy the DM6 from? My seller is H-Duby Team and I am still waiting for my DM6 to be shipped...
Not happy...

Nov 25, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #39,994 of 102,823
But one of the ugliest looking at the connection point.
ikko-oh1pre-order-700x700.jpg

Huge gap, doesn't match at all looks-wise outside of the color. Has to have scared people off of them as it gives a bad impression. Even if unfair, looks do matter and turn people off. Housing are not that hot either to be honest.

The ear pieces look like mashed gum in the shape of a worn old bike seat. lol. Those might sound decent. Can get them on Penon

i kinda like it, looks like prehistoric spear head

Nov 25, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #39,995 of 102,823
Which shops did you guys buy the DM6 from? My seller is H-Duby Team and I am still waiting for my DM6 to be shipped...
Not happy...
I've heard this from just about everyone after the 11.11 preorder debacle. It seems that everyone was caught off guard by the demand. I'm guessing this is why massdrop hasn't done a second drop for these yet.

Sounds like this is an issue for almost all sellers, doesn't sound like there was really any stock sitting around.... Hopefully quality isn't impacted trying to rush out all these orders.

Nov 25, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #39,996 of 102,823
Whizzer A-HE03 and TRN IM1 arrived today, enjoying both the TRN IM1 has elevated bass, great for EDM and trance. The Whizzer A-HE03 is much more refined with a really clean signature (once I sorted out which tips to use, ended up using RHA ones)

Hi there, interested in knowing your take on TRN IM1.

I'm after a quality bassy IEM to complement and intrigued by TRN's extremely good build quality at this price point (acrylic resin, metal face plates, sound tubes).
Is the sound matching the build?

What I'm looking for is good sub-bass (best would be in line with the mid-bass or slightly elevated), overall textured bass and not bleeding (much), clear and defined mids (understandable recessed) and if possible non-peaky well extended highs. I know, asking too much probably.

Are there better alternatives at below $30 point? Not sure if I'm gonna invest more in a bassy IEM for the moment.

Got KZ ZS4 en route for the same purpose and I'm trying to figure out if TRN would be better.

TIA.

Nov 25, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #39,997 of 102,823
I'm 90% convinced on buying the Opus 1s for $380 with case and this monkey wrench comes into the picture. I don't need wifi or BT.

Any opinions between the two? I plan to use the DAP as a USB out or out to an amp to drive a desktop setup. It might go portable sometimes, but I also have an LG V30 plus for that.

Much appreciated.

If you don't need BT streaming then stick with the Opus. I had a 300R previously for about 6 months at the most and sold it. The battery was meh and the WiFi was terrible, constantly disconnecting. Went to the 1S (previously has a #1) and it was great, just missed having streaming so I converted to the ES100 and have pretty much said adios to DAPs besides the M0 (just to have a small DAP)

Nov 25, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #39,998 of 102,823
If you don't need BT streaming then stick with the Opus. I had a 300R previously for about 6 months at the most and sold it. The battery was meh and the WiFi was terrible, constantly disconnecting. Went to the 1S (previously has a #1) and it was great, just missed having streaming so I converted to the ES100 and have pretty much said adios to DAPs besides the M0 (just to have a small DAP)

i have similar situation: between the ES100 and the Bluedac, i pretty much done with DAPs. the only DAP that i still have is my old Ipod Classic because the large storage and familiarly easy to use

Nov 25, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #39,999 of 102,823
i have similar situation: between the ES100 and the Bluedac, i pretty much done with DAPs. the only DAP that i still have is my old Ipod Classic because the large storage and familiarly easy to use

So, do you just plug the ES100 into your cans and steam BT? Do you have a wire from the ES100 to the headphone like you are carrying a DAP?

Nov 25, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #40,000 of 102,823
Hi there, interested in knowing your take on TRN IM1.

I'm after a quality bassy IEM to complement and intrigued by TRN's extremely good build quality at this price point (acrylic resin, metal face plates, sound tubes).
Is the sound matching the build?

What I'm looking for is good sub-bass (best would be in line with the mid-bass or slightly elevated), overall textured bass and not bleeding (much), clear and defined mids (understandable recessed) and if possible non-peaky well extended highs. I know, asking too much probably.

Are there better alternatives at below $30 point? Not sure if I'm gonna invest more in a bassy IEM for the moment.

Got KZ ZS4 en route for the same purpose and I'm trying to figure out if TRN would be better.

TIA.
firstly the TRM IM1 is all plastic just like the KZ ZS4. THe TRN IM1 shell is smaller than the KZ ZS4. Both have quite amazing bass and there is not a feather between them, the TRN IM1 bass does not bleed as much as the KZ ZS4 rendering the mids a bit clearer. The treble on the TRN IM1 is more rolled off than the KZ ZS4. The TRN IM1 fits my ears better

Nov 25, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #40,001 of 102,823
firstly the TRM IM1 is all plastic just like the KZ ZS4. THe TRN IM1 shell is smaller than the KZ ZS4. Both have quite amazing bass and there is not a feather between them, the TRN IM1 bass does not bleed as much as the KZ ZS4 rendering the mids a bit clearer. The treble on the TRN IM1 is more rolled off than the KZ ZS4. The TRN IM1 fits my ears better

Thanks for the quick reply, seems that IM1 is not really worth the buy once I got the ZS4.

The marketing for IM1 is advertising resin shell, disappointing that you've found plastic. Have you got the translucent blue ones where sound tubes are clearly visible in AE pictures? If yes are those shaped in massive plastic or what's the deal here?

Any other worthy recommendations from you for quality bassy iems in $30 range that are clearly better than ZS4?

Thanks.

Nov 25, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #40,002 of 102,823
The marketing for IM1 is advertising resin shell, disappointing that you've found plastic.

Resin: This is the raw material used to manufacture plastics.

Nov 25, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #40,004 of 102,823
Resin: This is the raw material used to manufacture plastics.

While I appreciate your take practically speaking they are different, the acrylic resin is a form of plastic but generally assumed with better qualities in audio - you can google it up ofc.

High end IEMs are commonly made with acrylic resin (besides metal/wood) because it permits (tube) molding besides other acoustic benefits so I was impressed by TRN's attempt at this price point.

Don't want to derail the thread so over and out with it.

Nov 25, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #40,005 of 102,823
So, do you just plug the ES100 into your cans and steam BT? Do you have a wire from the ES100 to the headphone like you are carrying a DAP?
Yes. But it's tiny and light. You can buy a custom short cable online but I've had no issues with standard length cables. I usually clip it to my collar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back