The discovery thread!
Nov 24, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #39,961 of 102,983
OK, if I want something that reminds me of my dead XBA-Z5 would the DMG, DM6, or Whizzer Kylin A-HE03 fit the bill? If so which would be best. I see the DMG on sale now so that's a bit of a factor but I really just want something with lots of detail but non fatiguing treble and good sub bass. I really want another Z5 but just cant spend that kind of money especially since they break so easily.

Nov 24, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #39,962 of 102,983
I’m so glad this DM6 graph came out afterwards when some people owned and liked the headphone regardless of it simply being what it is. As at times graphs can make or break a headphone here. If a problematic and unreliable graph surfaces for a headphone, it may have no basis in reality, though people take it as fact and somehow actually hear what the graph shows. Lucky here we have a reliable graph that shows reality, and it’s been released after some popularity.

Nov 24, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #39,963 of 102,983
OK, if I want something that reminds me of my dead XBA-Z5 would the DMG, DM6, or Whizzer Kylin A-HE03 fit the bill? If so which would be best. I see the DMG on sale now so that's a bit of a factor but I really just want something with lots of detail but non fatiguing treble and good sub bass. I really want another Z5 but just cant spend that kind of money especially since they break so easily.

If you liked the Z5 you will like the DM6. I actually slot them into the same signature, though obviously we could find dissimilarity till the cows come home. They are closer to being the same than different. The Z5 bass is slighly more expensive sounding, smoother and slighly more defined. The treble is also more satisfactory with the Z5, though maybe the DM6 brings elements into different positioning which adds an additional “wow factor” that the Z5 does not have. The Z5 is wholeheartedly more well rounded than the DM6 will ever be.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #39,966 of 102,983
Speaking of DMGs.
DSC06541.JPG

From open listen they are identical to the DMGs. In fact I am certain these are just rebranded DMGs. The cable has the exact same finish minus the brown color. The accessories are different in that NiceHCK threw in their standard case and they threw in their own tips instead of what is in the BGVPs. Otherwise these are identical in sound form and function. Same exact filters with same exact housing minus the grill dents. Otherwise they are one in the same.

I do like the green version from NiceHCK M6. I let a friend of mine borrow my DMGs so I will have to do a A/B against a well burned in DMG but as far as I know these are the DMG with NiceHCK badging. that is the only real difference.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #39,967 of 102,983
You know I gotta say the asking price now for the DMGs readily available for $100ish. Great deal for these earphones. These aren't giant killers but these do a lot right and the M6 version the more I listen to them they do punch above their price asked. The sound has good timbre. Good imaging. No restriction to the sound. Mids have good clarity and precision. Bass isn't the tightest or the best I have heard but not bad at all at given price.

The M6 has reminded me just how good BGVP has tuned these things. I threw on a new cable I bought from NiceHCK at the same time I got the M6. Listening to the M6 in balanced and the dynamics are better, sounds more expansive. They sound excellent. Can't wait to get my DMG back in order to properly A/B these two.

By the way the foam tip they included on the M6 is excellent. I am using this foam tip on my IT04. I forgot where I got these foams but what separates this particular foam tip is the finish on them. They have a silicone like finish to the surface. Meaning it keeps the sound in tact instead of diffusing any of the sound like regular foams, but with the isolation of foams. Wish I can figure out how to get more of these foams that came with these. Might have to ask Jim if he knows.

HTB1W9JrXzvuK1Rjy0Faq6x2aVXap.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #39,968 of 102,983
You know I gotta say the asking price now for the DMGs readily available for $100ish. Great deal for these earphones. These aren't giant killers but these do a lot right and the M6 version the more I listen to them they do punch above their price asked. The sound has good timbre. Good imaging. No restriction to the sound. Mids have good clarity and precision. Bass isn't the tightest or the best I have heard but not bad at all at given price.

The M6 has reminded me just how good BGVP has tuned these things. I threw on a new cable I bought from NiceHCK at the same time I got the M6. Listening to the M6 in balanced and the dynamics are better, sounds more expansive. They sound excellent. Can't wait to get my DMG back in order to properly A/B these two.

By the way the foam tip they included on the M6 is excellent. I am using this foam tip on my IT04. I forgot where I got these foams but what separates this particular foam tip is the finish on them. They have a silicone like finish to the surface. Meaning it keeps the sound in tact instead of diffusing any of the sound like regular foams, but with the isolation of foams. Wish I can figure out how to get more of these foams that came with these. Might have to ask Jim if he knows.
Those tips sound interesting. Do let us know when you get some more info please.

Nov 24, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #39,969 of 102,983
Don't know if these foams are included in the DMGs or if it is NiceHCK that threw them in there. I have another pair I use on my IT04 and I had no idea where they came from. I want to say they were almost sticky due to the finish on them in the bag they came in. But I can tell the finish on them are different than what is on your garden variety foams. They come wider bored too about 5mm much like the width of the Spiral Dots. The M6 came with a single pair of these and I threw them on right away as I recognized them from using them on my IT04.

Nov 24, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #39,970 of 102,983
OK so I figured it out. These foams are included in the BGVP earphones. I think I might have gotten a pair from my old DM5s and DS1 I believe also had a pair. Anyway if you look at this pic it is the black foam that is included in this package. The black pair of foams on the bottom. You can tell they have a shiny finish on them. Wish I can buy more of these. Lol.

AC162-10-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #39,972 of 102,983
I have all three. I just got the Whizzer yesterday, and it too, is impressive. I’ll listen to all three tonight and tell you what I think tomorrow. What are you going to be running it through (what player)? Balanced?

Nov 24, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #39,973 of 102,983
What is the chance that I pick the absolute best cable I could have possibly chosen for the M6 with the same package. This cable and M6 just sound stupendous listening to this tune right now.

I threw on a few cables to see how good this cable is. Lo n behold the M6 sounds absolutely point on with these cables. It is an OCC cable Jim recommended. I even tried one of my silver cables on the M6. This one is for real. Sounds better than my more expensive silver cable on the M6. It is on sale right now too.https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NIC...424.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.c2bb4c4dJoVOfe

Nov 24, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #39,974 of 102,983
I have all three. I just got the Whizzer yesterday, and it too, is impressive. I’ll listen to all three tonight and tell you what I think tomorrow. What are you going to be running it through (what player)? Balanced?
I just got an ES100 and picked up an MMCX balanced TRRS 2.5mm cable to use with it and really like the balanced mode. I realize I would need to get a balanced cable for the Whizzer but just want the best option.

Nov 24, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #39,975 of 102,983
What is the chance that I pick the absolute best cable I could have possibly chosen for the M6 with the same package. This cable and M6 just sound stupendous listening to this tune right now.

I threw on a few cables to see how good this cable is. Lo n behold the M6 sounds absolutely point on with these cables. It is an OCC cable Jim recommended. I even tried one of my silver cables on the M6. This one is for real. Sounds better than my more expensive silver cable on the M6. It is on sale right now too.https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NIC...424.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.c2bb4c4dJoVOfe

I have a cable like that for the DM6, it is really good, balanced cables really improves the DM6, but it was already good out of the box already lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back