The discovery thread!
Sep 22, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #37,954 of 101,109
I kept thinking to myself "Please stop calling them earbuds." :face_palm:

Haha! Me too! There are a couple of things that will make me immediately disregard a review. That is one of them.

Another is when the review marvels at the price and says something like, "So, what do ONE HUNDRED DOLLAR earphones sound like?" Whatever the price is, pretty much tells me that they don't have much audio experience.

Sep 22, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #37,955 of 101,109
Ive ordered the bgvp dmg, from Amazon, but looks like it'll be a month to wait (i just had to have the blue). Ive been out of IEMs for awhile, enjoying my P1s. Can anyone give comparisons? I know its a lot different, tuning-wise. I do generally like accurate yet fun sound. As long as its resolving enough and the bass isnt muddy, i like some kick and sizzle...Been avoiding multiple BA units mostly since they seem quite large and uncomfortable. Haven't heard one since UE TripleFi, which i liked soundwise, but was so uncomfortable for me. Will the bmg be more comfortable, easier on the ear? Any more sound signature observations or comparisons? Thanks.
The DMG are very ergonomic and comfortable. They are very easy to get a good fit. I feel the newer chifi iem's have come a long way in comfort, such as the Toneking semi customs (T4, T66s and T88k) as well as the DMG and hck hk6 etc.

Sep 22, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #37,956 of 101,109
The DMG are very ergonomic and comfortable. They are very easy to get a good fit. I feel the newer chifi iem's have come a long way in comfort, such as the Toneking semi customs (T4, T66s and T88k) as well as the DMG and hck hk6 etc.
Yes, i thought they *looked* comfortable, which is why im here. Unfortunately, ive overlooked many great-sounding IEMs because comfortable-wearing has to be a priority for me. But not something many talk a lot about. And of course it does vary some for everyones ears, but fit has a lot to do with SQ in an IEM too.

Sep 22, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #37,959 of 101,109
Ordered the Revonext RX8 and a 6 core balanced cable from Kinboofi on Amazon a couple days ago. Got them today. Crab is right. These are damn fine, esp for the price.

Sep 22, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #37,960 of 101,109
Anyone know what the tips bore size is for the DMG?
Hoping some of my vast collection of tips will fit (if the included tips are not suitable for my ears). Have Spinfits, sony hybrids, comply, many others for my P1.
Any tip recommendations so far, included ones any good?

Sep 22, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #37,961 of 101,109
No DMG's for me just bought K's 500, EP35 and Xiaomi 356 scooter

Xiaomi-electric-scooter-3.jpg

I was thinking I have never heard of this earphone.

Sep 22, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #37,962 of 101,109
Anyone know what the tips bore size is for the DMG?
Hoping some of my vast collection of tips will fit (if the included tips are not suitable for my ears). Have Spinfits, sony hybrids, comply, many others for my P1.
Any tip recommendations so far, included ones any good?

You shouldn't have any issues with using other tips on them. The nozzle filters are nicely designed with a lip on them so most other earphone tips will fit on them. I am able to use most of mine from my tip box with no issue.

Sep 22, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #37,963 of 101,109
Yes, i thought they *looked* comfortable, which is why im here. Unfortunately, ive overlooked many great-sounding IEMs because comfortable-wearing has to be a priority for me. But not something many talk a lot about. And of course it does vary some for everyones ears, but fit has a lot to do with SQ in an IEM too.
I agree with you 120%. For instance, I LOVED the sound of the LZ A4, but found them very uncomfortable for me and it ruined the listening experience to the point that I sold them. Comfort is a HUGE factor for me in how I feel about an iem.

Sep 22, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #37,964 of 101,109
I agree with you 120%. For instance, I LOVED the sound of the LZ A4, but found them very uncomfortable for me and it ruined the listening experience to the point that I sold them. Comfort is a HUGE factor for me in how I feel about an iem.
So how is the T4 holding up against the DMG.

Sep 22, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #37,965 of 101,109
So how is the T4 holding up against the DMG.
They're different animals, but I enjoy them both for what they do well. I am listening to the T4 right now, and am loving the smooth, almost liquid mids. To me, these are the absolute best iem's I own for vocal based music. The DMG are fun and musical, but aren't as technically proficient in my opinion. Both are great values though, and I think people will enoy them both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back