The discovery thread!
Aug 28, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #37,473 of 101,334
He got that review out fast...wow.
Yed he did, but by the specs of the iem and tuning filter, it does seem impressive. Using some Knowles drivers and some sort of tuning system, very nice build and a nice cable all for $130? Plus if it has great tuning, it may be a impressive iem :). Can't wait to here more of you impressions

Aug 28, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #37,474 of 101,334
Yed he did, but by the specs of the iem and tuning filter, it does seem impressive. Using some Knowles drivers and some sort of tuning system, very nice build and a nice cable all for $130? Plus if it has great tuning, it may be a impressive iem :). Can't wait to here more of you impressions
Pictures at Aliexpress sellers show a different cable.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #37,478 of 101,334
Lol, I'm no professional. Just another scrub with an opinion :p

I haven't used them enough to say at this point, but I'll get back to you on that soon enough. Review probably won't be up for a few weeks at the very least. Have a number of items in queue before it.

At least check out the soundstage/airiness which HBB said was seemingly nicely above average. And I want B400 and Astrotec comparos!:ghost:

The DM6 Could be a purchase. Cable is better than I thought. Can't tell from the pics on Ali anyway. The blue is a nice color and if the filters are well done. I would probably be the only one with the BGVP tuning cables to go along with the filters.Would be cool cause there is a mids cable, bass/stage cable, and a reference/audiophile cable. Bass/stage cable might be cool with the silver filters, mids cable good with any of the filters, but the ref tune cable would probably be useless since it seems only good for boomy really bassy stuff and makes it leaner and balanced with detail easier to pick up but takes quite a bit off bass away.

Aug 28, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #37,479 of 101,334
Some images of the DMG so you can clearly see what you get. I find it neat that the plastic housings for the drivers inside are colored coded.

Edit: @jant71 I'll post some sound impressions when I get the chance to sit down for a good listen. B400 will be compared to the Delphinus 5 in the review. I personally consider the D5 a near direct upgrade. Signature is similar minus the B400 being slightly warmer and bassier but with less extension, and the D5 having a bit more treble energy. Very neutral sounding earphone to my ears, supported by the measurements Astrotec provided.

IMG_4204.JPG IMG_4205.JPG IMG_4209.JPG IMG_4211.JPG IMG_4212.JPG IMG_4219.JPG IMG_4229.JPG IMG_4231.JPG IMG_4232.JPG

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #37,480 of 101,334
Some images of the DMG so you can clearly see what you get. I find it neat that the plastic housings for the drivers inside are colored coded.

Edit: @jant71 I'll post some sound impressions when I get the chance to sit down for a good listen. B400 will be compared to the Delphinus 5 in the review. I personally consider the D5 a near direct upgrade. Signature is similar minus the B400 being slightly warmer and bassier but with less extension, and the D5 having a bit more treble energy. Very neutral sounding earphone to my ears, supported by the measurements Astrotec provided.

Thanks for the pics and the review. I was thinking of pulling the trigger on Toneking T4's but now I'm leaning towards these more. I'll be watching this thread closely over the next couple of days.

Aug 28, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #37,483 of 101,334
Some images of the DMG so you can clearly see what you get. I find it neat that the plastic housings for the drivers inside are colored coded. I'll post some sound impressions when I get the chance to sit down for a good listen. B400 will be compared to the Delphinus 5 in the review. I personally consider the D5 a near direct upgrade. Signature is similar minus the B400 being slightly warmer and bassier but with less extension, and the D5 having a bit more treble energy. Very neutral sounding earphone to my ears, supported by the measurements Astrotec provided.

At least they look easily moddable, which is a good sign.

@B9Scrambler can we get a look at measurements of the D5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back