The discovery thread!
Aug 24, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #37,441 of 100,458
10159735.jpg

So the symbios tips are the real deal. These are a better deal than the Spin fits. You get 3 pairs. Fairly wide bore 4.5mm vs 5mm of the Spiral Dots. Sounds great with everything I have tried them with.

It is the isolation however these have that really make them nice. Glad I gave them a try. If you guys never tried them. They are completely worth trying out on your favorite iem.. Sounds amazing with the IT04 and my DZ12 I have in my ears as I type using these.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2018 at 12:55 AM Post #37,442 of 100,458
actually I think part of my enjoyment is because the HP50 matches up better with my S9 phone as compared to the leaner sounding LG phones I have been using the past several years. Looking at why I sold them the first time it was because I enjoyed my Sony Z7 more. But that was partially because the Z7 which is a darker sounding headphone just paired up well with my sources. The HP50 on the other hand just sounded to thin. This makes sense since the HP50 was designed for Apple devices which also tend to be on the warmer side. In any case they sure sound good right now.

Aug 25, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #37,443 of 100,458
I got my symbio tips and my balanced cable for my HD58x. UNREAL!!

For some reason I have never tried my Shanling M3s and the Ibasso PB3 together. This is the first time I have heard this particular combo of amp and dac with newly acquired 2.5mm balanced cable. It is 5 ft by the way. Perfect length for portable use.

This combo here is just crazy. Crazy I say!

Where did you find that short balanced interconnect to use between the DAP and the amp?

Aug 25, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #37,444 of 100,458
It an old Alo pure silver interconnect I bought used on the threads. Retails for $145 or something like that I bought it for $25. Guy was practically giving it away. Sometimes you can snag some great deals on the sales forums. It is short and fits tight on stacks. I posted a deal on aliexpress for a pure silver interconnect for something like $20 or so previously. I know that cable is not the same as the one I have but I bet it will be just as clear as my Alo cable here.

HTB1g54uPVXXXXceaXXXq6xXFXXXc.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...08f7-4edb-97ce-6ced4cf7827d&priceBeautifyAB=0

My alo cable is a standard interconnect and not a balanced one. The IBasso PB3 amp throws out a balanced signal from the amp end so I just feed any dac onto the amp portion and it converts it to balanced.. Love this amp by the way.

For what its worth this alo cable is on sale for $100 from Alo web site but save yourself the $80 and go with the DIY silver cable I posted earlier.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #37,445 of 100,458
HiSenior B5+ and Toneking TK2 are my two favourite iems

@HungryPanda , Are those two still your favorite IEMs ? Looking for something better than the Brainwavz B400 (would like a little more trebble and little more bass/sub bass). Not sure if you can compare either to the LZ-A4 ? I remember your stating that the TK2 initially did not have much bass until you changed tips. How do you rate the bass of the B5+ and the Tk2 ?

Looking for a bargain on Aliexpress during the sale that starts August 27th. Appreciate your thoughts.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #37,448 of 100,458
@HungryPanda , Are those two still your favorite IEMs ? Looking for something better than the Brainwavz B400 (would like a little more trebble and little more bass/sub bass). Not sure if you can compare either to the LZ-A4 ? I remember your stating that the TK2 initially did not have much bass until you changed tips. How do you rate the bass of the B5+ and the Tk2 ?

Looking for a bargain on Aliexpress during the sale that starts August 27th. Appreciate your thoughts.
Another option to look at is the Toneking T66s. I have the b400 and the a4, and I find the T66a to be a direct upgrade to both. It's signature is very similar to the B400, but with more subbass and extended and airy highs. The T66s uses 6 knowles BA's and is tuned perfectly, in my opinion. The T66s normally retails for 366.00, but can be found for as little as 240.00 during the aliexpress sale. They're a bargain at 350.00, but an absolute steal at 240.00!

Aug 26, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #37,449 of 100,458
Another option to look at is the Toneking T66s. I have the b400 and the a4, and I find the T66a to be a direct upgrade to both. It's signature is very similar to the B400, but with more subbass and extended and airy highs. The T66s uses 6 knowles BA's and is tuned perfectly, in my opinion. The T66s normally retails for 366.00, but can be found for as little as 240.00 during the aliexpress sale. They're a bargain at 350.00, but an absolute steal at 240.00!

Where are they going to be $240? Saw US $311.10.

Aug 27, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #37,451 of 100,458

Just my thoughts in the TK2 so far (B5+ incoming this week):
There is a lot of treble and sufficient bass (the latter not more than with the B400 and LZ4 if my memories are correct)
Treble section extends far but is for my ears just a bit too peaky and fatiguing even by picking taming foam tips. Still appearing very clear.
But if you are not sensitive to this I would also recommend the TK2 to you. If you are, the T4 by Toneking could be an option because it is comparable with the TK2 but is overall more smoothed out and especially in the treble (good for long listening sessions).

Aug 27, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #37,452 of 100,458
Someone has the DMG already (perhaps it's someone on this thread, but I'm pretty out of the loop with regard to the makeup of the community these days; I only see a few familiar faces); looks promising in terms of fit. [EDIT: nevermind, put two and two together, it's @Hawaiibadboy)

He seems to like the sound, but heck if I know his tastes are compatible with mine (or with anyone else's).

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #37,453 of 100,458
Anyone for an NK10...
NICEHCK-NK10-10BA-Drive-Unit-In-Ear-Earphone-10-Balanced-Armature-HIFI-Monitoring-Earphone-With-Detachable.jpg_640x640.jpg

Aug 27, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #37,455 of 100,458
Someone has the DMG already (perhaps it's someone on this thread, but I'm pretty out of the loop with regard to the makeup of the community these days; I only see a few familiar faces); looks promising in terms of fit. [EDIT: nevermind, put two and two together, it's @Hawaiibadboy)

He seems to like the sound, but heck if I know his tastes are compatible with mine (or with anyone else's).

HBB is a very stright talker. If he isn't impressed he is not gonna recommend anything on his vids. He seems to be very impressed but has no idea they only cost $140. Lol. This is promising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back