The discovery thread!
Aug 15, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #37,324 of 103,216
many if not all TFZ are Graphene
Heck, even the $19 Auglamour F200 has a graphene driver. I think its time to accept that it has become the norm in many cases.

EverybodysDoingIt.jpg

Aug 15, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #37,326 of 103,216
I have two TFZ's and I love them, but I worry that the number of IEMs in their catalog is actually working against them. Too many similar price-points, too many similar shells designs, too little clarity in how things are named or their place in the hierarchy. Galaxy, My Love, Secret Garden are basically meaningless names when it comes to figuring out where they stand in the company's line-up. Exclusive 1, 3, and 5 is better, but not when it stands next to the Balanced 1 and 2, or the Series 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. Or 5S. King and Queen looked good, but now there is King II, King LTD, and King Pro. And all within about $130 of each other. So confusing.

Seriously, TFZ, why?

Aug 15, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #37,330 of 103,216
Aug 15, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #37,331 of 103,216
I bet you can start a small shop for just earphones you have discovered. Lol.

Speaking of earphones. Anybody here own these tips? These seem to be highly recommended. Will put in an order soon to try them out.

Symbio_W.jpg

Aug 15, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #37,332 of 103,216
Heck, even the $19 Auglamour F200 has a graphene driver. I think its time to accept that it has become the norm in many cases.

Lol even the $12 CM5 has a graphene, and I love it

Speaking of earphones. Anybody here own these tips? These seem to be highly recommended. Will put in an order soon to try them out.

Symbio_W.jpg

Yes, go with a smaller size than you normally wear. My usual size in most tips is Medium, these I use a Small.

Aug 15, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #37,333 of 103,216

Mandarin Symbio, right ? If so, I do have them. I generally prefer Spiral Dots, but in one or 2 cases these did the trick better than the Spiral Dots. They do isolate better.

One other new tip which might be of interest for you is the Azla SednaEarfit ... got them from Amazon Japan, sometimes they provide a slightly better seal/grip than the Spiral Dots, though I feel the treble might be just so slightly worse (=little bit more muffled) than with SD, though really not by a lot. I use the same size as Spiral Dots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back