The discovery thread!
Aug 5, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #37,216 of 100,758
Unfortunately I haven't heard the R1 but I've got several other Trinity IEM's so I don't doubt that the R1 is V-shaped as well:wink:

Here's the graph for the Big Dipper with both bass and mid switch on (courtesy of @Brooko), this is the way I use them most of the time:

As I said perceive them as very well balanced when listening to them, especially bass is very well behaved and does never overshadowed the other frequencies. Still from the graph they're slightly V-shaped.....

The fact that the Hz is missing on the axis on the T12U graph makes it impossible to compare them though. I'd still expect the T12U to have a more present lower midrange and less energy in the upper midrange so they're probably quite different sounding. Unfortunately this also makes them interesting for me :wink:

Hahaha, sorry Peter, this is embarrassing. I actually took a snippet from their product page and forgot to include the HZ below:

upload_2018-8-5_20-11-57.png

Aug 5, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #37,217 of 100,758
Hahaha, sorry Peter, this is embarrassing. I actually took a snippet from their product page and forgot to include the HZ below:

No worries, I just thought maybe the manufacturer didn't put it on there (wouldn't be the first time).

Now it's indeed easier to compare, thanks:)

Aug 5, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #37,218 of 100,758
I was actually coming from the IT04 which IMO is better sounding overall.
I just demoed the Erkoling and tried the FH5 after that. Perhaps that's the reason my conclusions are thus.

Oh yea FH5 is not a good one for actually figuring out in a demo pair. They need some TLC in the form of tips and cables. They change tonality with every cable I tried them with and sound profile can change with tips as well. I thought the A5 was the most finicky in terms of tips and cables I think those have met their match when it comes to external factors shaping the sound.

They also have a shallow fit so if not using a longer tip can have some negative effects on the sound that I have found out. So while I feel the sound is definitely worthy of purchase the stuff Fiio provides with them are not exactly optimal.

Aug 5, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #37,219 of 100,758
So I just popped on my HD58x on my head since leaving them on the burn in last night. WHOLY smokes!

Well I can safely say these have to be the best sounding $150 of money I have ever spent on my life. I was thinking if these are an absolute must buy in the headphone game. Last night to be honest I thought they sounded a bit dull but I was not going to judge them quite yet. I heard their potential but not quite realized.

Overnight burn in and the dynamics now just pop. I am completely surprised by what I am hearing. In comparison I thought these sounded a bit like the old Fidelio X1 I used to own. But oh man these leave those cans in it's wake. These sound clean has some smoothness yet not overly done. Very dynamic sounding. Not a good bass end but a great bass end for being semi open. Treble is crisp yet not over cooked. Mids on these things have some of that HD6 series magic. Oh man I can't believe what I am hearing from these things and what I payed for them.

DSC06383.JPG

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #37,220 of 100,758
So I just popped on my HD58x on my head since leaving them on the burn in last night. WHOLY smokes!

Well I can safely say these have to be the best sounding $150 of money I have ever spent on my life. I was thinking if these are an absolute must buy in the headphone game. Last night to be honest I thought they sounded a bit dull but I was not going to judge them quite yet. I heard their potential but not quite realized.

Overnight burn in and the dynamics now just pop. I am completely surprised by what I am hearing. In comparison I thought these sounded a bit like the old Fidelio X1 I used to own. But oh man these leave those cans in it's wake. These sound clean has some smoothness yet not overly done. Very dynamic sounding. Not a good bass end but a great bass end for being semi open. Treble is crisp yet not over cooked. Mids on these things have some of that HD6 series magic. Oh man I can't believe what I am hearing from these things and what I payed for them.

CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY PAIR!!

Did I say that loud enough :wink:

Seriously though, don't think I've read one bad impression on them so I'm pretty hyped to hear them for myself. I'm really glad your enjoying them though, keep the impressions coming.

I actually start wishing for my vacation to end, how sick is that ha ha.

Aug 5, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #37,221 of 100,758
Ya I thought the hype was crazy on these things but now I can fully understand why guys are buying multiple pairs. I can't think of anything I have heard that comes close to sound in the price range. I know it is easier to say "for their price." But from what I am hearing these things just sound awesome regardless of price. I can now understand the hype these things have.

It sounds like a too good to be true scenario but that is actually correct. They do sound too good to be true. Lol. Unbelievable what I am hearing from these cans. These don't have the resolution of my DT1990 pros but they have their own sound all together. Very enjoyable tuning on them.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #37,223 of 100,758
Ya I thought the hype was crazy on these things but now I can fully understand why guys are buying multiple pairs. I can't think of anything I have heard that comes close to sound in the price range. I know it is easier to say "for their price." But from what I am hearing these things just sound awesome regardless of price. I can now understand the hype these things have.

It sounds like a too good to be true scenario but that is actually correct. They do sound too good to be true. Lol. Unbelievable what I am hearing from these cans. These don't have the resolution of my DT1990 pros but they have their own sound all together. Very enjoyable tuning on them.

Yeah, I actually signed up for the original drop months ago but then I got cold feet doubting they would add anything new in my collection and pulled out.

Then I saw the hype and when they released the rest of the batch with shipping in just a couple of days resistance was futile an I was assimilated by the Borg (or was it the hype?)......

Aug 6, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #37,224 of 100,758
I can't say what Pandas DT300 sound like but I am just talking about my review pair. I can see the QC being much more tighter on a paid pair vs the review pair I got.

This has happened to me before. My Review sample of the EDCs I initially got had no tuning on them and it was shocking how bad those were. I still have those actually. Those take the cake for the worst sounding earphones I have ever heard. But again that was because they forgot to actually tune those things. It was all bass and nothing else. These DT300 pros I have show very similar qualities in sound to them.
Mine are not revision, they are bought and paid, and they sound as bad as you described. As I mentioned in his day, it has been the biggest disappointment I have had with headphones.
Ya I am starting to think there might be a QC issue on these DT300 pros. I trust that you like yours. My sample I got sounds terrible. I let a coworker hear them just to see what he thought about them and this guy has never heard about the DT300 pros.

In fact everything I let this guy try till this point has been my good sounding earphones. He was expecting more of the same. The look on this guys face was priceless. It is very obviously bad.

I offered to send my sample back to NiceHCK so they can see if there is a QC issue on these but I got no reply.

The DT500s should have a better sound at $140 but the design of the earphones seems restrictive to me. 5BA sound shot out of a small tiny hole. I could be wrong about them but I most certainly will not buy them to test them out.

Mine are not revision, they are bought and paid, and they sound as bad as you described. As I mentioned in his day, it has been the biggest disappointment I have had with headphones.

Regards

Aug 6, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #37,225 of 100,758

And for $50 more you could have had the HD6XX. They're not hyped enough (but they are...lol).

Aug 6, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #37,228 of 100,758
Got the Magaosi K3 back from another member, haven't heard them in over a year. Straight out my Galaxy S8 I forgot how competent they are. Nice birthday surprise

Aug 7, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #37,229 of 100,758
Something new. King II

tfz-king-ii-700x700.jpg

TFZ KING II Dynamic Driver HiFi 2Pin 0.78mm Detachable In-ear Earphone Audiophile IEMs

Specification

• Driver: 12 mm Double magnetic circuit graphene dynamic driver(The second generation)
  • Impedance: 16 ohm
  • Sensitivity: 108 dB mW
  • Frequency response:5 Hz –40 kHz
  • Lowest power: 8 mW
  • Plug: 3.5 mm
  • Connectors:0.78MM 2-Pin
  • Cable length:1.2M
Package

• TFZ King II
  • 6 pairs of silicone eartips
  • Pouch
These should give some serious competition to the IT01.

Aug 7, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #37,230 of 100,758
Something new. King II

tfz-king-ii-700x700.jpg

TFZ KING II Dynamic Driver HiFi 2Pin 0.78mm Detachable In-ear Earphone Audiophile IEMs

Specification

• Driver: 12 mm Double magnetic circuit graphene dynamic driver(The second generation)
  • Impedance: 16 ohm
  • Sensitivity: 108 dB mW
  • Frequency response:5 Hz –40 kHz
  • Lowest power: 8 mW
  • Plug: 3.5 mm
  • Connectors:0.78MM 2-Pin
  • Cable length:1.2M
Package

• TFZ King II
  • 6 pairs of silicone eartips
  • Pouch
These should give some serious competition to the IT01.
Haven't heard this one yet but the Queen is a solid performer. I don't have the IT01 so can't make any comparisons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back