The discovery thread!
Jul 21, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #37,112 of 102,997
I would be getting FH5 hopefully soon, for review. Have been following the IT04 thread, and it seems to be definitely the most hyped IEM of the month.

Will probably wait a bit more for things to settle down, and then get them, at least for hearing impressions. (as of now, it seems to hit all the right notes for my needs, except for better isolation).

I've mostly given up on getting the Rose BR7 , particularly because of still existing QC issues, and lack of impressions/reviews although it seems to be selling well in China.

Yep, the one reason (aside from the usual poor fitting universals for me:frowning2: ) I have not gotten into hybrids is because of the isolation factor.

Jul 21, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #37,113 of 102,997
Why you guys keep mentioning that DT300 thing?? That is so old and out of date.
2018-NICEHCK-DT500-5BA-unidad-en-el-auricular-del-o-do-5-armadura-equilibrada-desmontable-separar.jpg_640x640.jpg

You guys gotta keep up :)

If the 300 wasn't much good, what chance the 500? Also how much is it?

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #37,115 of 102,997
I actually like the DT300

Ya I am starting to think there might be a QC issue on these DT300 pros. I trust that you like yours. My sample I got sounds terrible. I let a coworker hear them just to see what he thought about them and this guy has never heard about the DT300 pros.

In fact everything I let this guy try till this point has been my good sounding earphones. He was expecting more of the same. The look on this guys face was priceless. It is very obviously bad.

I offered to send my sample back to NiceHCK so they can see if there is a QC issue on these but I got no reply.

The DT500s should have a better sound at $140 but the design of the earphones seems restrictive to me. 5BA sound shot out of a small tiny hole. I could be wrong about them but I most certainly will not buy them to test them out.

Jul 21, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #37,116 of 102,997
Ya I am starting to think there might be a QC issue on these DT300 pros. I trust that you like yours. My sample I got sounds terrible. I let a coworker hear them just to see what he thought about them and this guy has never heard about the DT300 pros.

In fact everything I let this guy try till this point has been my good sounding earphones. He was expecting more of the same. The look on this guys face was priceless. It is very obviously bad.

I offered to send my sample back to NiceHCK so they can see if there is a QC issue on these but I got no reply.

The DT500s should have a better sound at $140 but the design of the earphones seems restrictive to me. 5BA sound shot out of a small tiny hole. I could be wrong about them but I most certainly will not buy them to test them out.
Not to get into the past but this sounds typical of things I had read in the past regarding Jim/NiceHCK

Jul 21, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #37,117 of 102,997
Will let you guys be the guinea pigs for this one. Lol. Look forward to read what you guys have to say about them. Wouldn't shock me one bit if they are better than the DT300 pros.

They sold so many of those already they will more than likely have more drops of them in the future.
Ouch, that's pretty harsh man, haha! Saying a 10 dollar headphone could even potentially be better than a 140.00, triple BA really says how bad the dt300 really are. I'm pretty sure that comment has officially gotten you cut off from the hck store, haha.

Jul 21, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #37,118 of 102,997
I can't say what Pandas DT300 sound like but I am just talking about my review pair. I can see the QC being much more tighter on a paid pair vs the review pair I got.

This has happened to me before. My Review sample of the EDCs I initially got had no tuning on them and it was shocking how bad those were. I still have those actually. Those take the cake for the worst sounding earphones I have ever heard. But again that was because they forgot to actually tune those things. It was all bass and nothing else. These DT300 pros I have show very similar qualities in sound to them.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #37,119 of 102,997
If the 300 wasn't much good, what chance the 500? Also how much is it?
Chi-Fi can be iffy. May be better but not by much or much better and may vary of individual units may be up and down. Such is seller branded Chi-Fi.

Ouch, that's pretty harsh man, haha! Saying a 10 dollar headphone could even potentially be better than a 140.00, triple BA really says how bad the dt300 really are. I'm pretty sure that comment has officially gotten you cut off from the hck store, haha.

Better towards his credibility which is more important in the end. And actually HCK should be cool with it. Being a shill wouldn't last and hurt both in the end.

Jul 21, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #37,120 of 102,997
Chi-Fi can be iffy. May be better but not by much or much better and may vary of individual units may be up and down. Such is seller branded Chi-Fi.

Better towards his credibility which is more important in the end. And actually HCK should be cool with it. Being a shill wouldn't last and hurt both in the end.
Oh absolutely, I agree. I may not have worded that post the best. I basically meant that I believe his pair has to be defective. I don't think for a second that he's been a shill.

Jul 23, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #37,122 of 102,997
Ok. Not much of a discovery of a new IEM, but yes discovering the excellent sound of it. Here's the Final Audio E4000. it goes for under $200, and if lucky enough you get them at ~$150.

tried with only the stock tips (seems they're the new Final tips, similar to the Sony 'hybrids'). and included cable, as won't bother to change it yet.

fit is too easy with the small and straight design. isolation, average or just above

only early impressions after 10~20hrs
Sound is great stuff. has the quality for sure, detail and also very fun to listen. extension is very good. small Dynamic driver? well, not that much in sound, as it sounds much bigger than you'd expect.
superb bass, with thunderous sub-bass that is not overdone at all. but has great rumble and ...very addicting. mids are forward, very rich, with some lift for the vocals. maybe with a lift on the upper mids, but not sibilant so far. highs have energy and extension, if a just bit more laid-back at the upper treble. female voices can be too forward sometimes, and same for electric guitars. though, quality is very good, in texture and layering.
somehow they feel like tuned for J-Pop/Rock music, which is not unusual from a Japan brand

more impressions to follow. and full review for sure

Jul 23, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #37,123 of 102,997
forgot to mention, the E4000 requires a higher volume compared to most easy to drive IEMs i have. nothing unexpected with the 97db rated sensitivity. and maybe being a smaller 6.4mm driver.

Jul 23, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #37,124 of 102,997
All right, @HungryPanda I hereby invoke thee...

I'm staring at three IEMs in my AE cart: Kinera Idun, Hisenior B5+, and Toneking TK2. I am definitely buying the B5+, because it's on sale, and I have the TFZ King Pro in the mail.

I know you're a big fan of at least two of those, so I am asking you directly...

Is the B5+ or the King Pro going to make either of the other two redundant? Knowing what I already have locked in, is the Idun or the TK2 a better choice?

Thanks in advance. I've been driving myself a little nuts with this.

Jul 23, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #37,125 of 102,997
@phthora The HiSenior B5+ is in my rotation with the Toneking TK2 (which fits me better) I only have TFZ Exclusive 5 and have never heard the Idun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back