The discovery thread!
Jul 7, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #37,006 of 106,680
They are ok. But they lack treble emphasis sparkle or extension. They are tuned very similar to Shure house sound but lacks refinement. I am not looking for miracles in sound for the $89 but these just dont have it. The sound is decidedly warmer due to the lack of treble but ample bass. Again similar to Shure sound. However that is the only real comparable aspects. The tonality seems a touch off due to the warmth. Some guys might like the warm tonality here but they actually lack clarity due to this aspect. Sounding quite dull actually.

Where they bug me a lot is the lack of upper mids lower mids bite. Guitars, rock and metal just sounds off. Anything with speed forget about it. Music has to be slower and melodic. That don't make the tuning all that versatile.

So if I were looking for a westone 3 type sound what sort of monitor would I be looking at out of curiosity?

Jul 7, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #37,007 of 106,680
Sorry about them DT300 Paco. I would sell em off and move on. I have to agree with you there. These aren't doing anything for me either. There are much more compelling earphones at the $100 price range. I would take my Ibasso IT01. Massdrop, meeaudio PX earphones every time over these.
Thank god, I just left them on cart and forgot to pay. HiSenior B5+ is another iem sitting on cart for $99. Are they any good??

Jul 7, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #37,010 of 106,680
I am not completely done with the DT300 pros but man they are hard to listen to after getting the IT04. Lol. Will reserve final judgement when I feel they are ready.

Will give them a good burn in and see where they go.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #37,011 of 106,680
Isn’t DT300pro an ALL BA IEM? burn in doesn’t makes any difference though. Or maybe put into perspective for the Head-Fi readers , whatever the magnitude of change heard by an individual via burn in should be referenced to the case “bhazard HK6 phenomenon” and then expect something like that

Jul 7, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #37,012 of 106,680
Isn’t DT300pro an ALL BA IEM? burn in doesn’t makes any difference though. Or maybe put into perspective for the Head-Fi readers , whatever the magnitude of change heard by an individual via burn in should be referenced to the case “bhazard HK6 phenomenon” and then expect something like that
Brain "burn in" is a powerful thing. I believe that was the case with the "bhazard phenomenon" and in most cases actually, lol.

Jul 7, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #37,013 of 106,680
Hk6 doesn’t sound anything like how two people here describe them. Funny thing is they blow it out of proportion and try their best to discredit anyone who likes them. Excellent way to handle it. It’s an earphone, you took the chance and bought it. Deal with it.

I didn't see this. Are you referencing me, because if you have nothing definitive to provide, you can deal with me calling you out all the same. I can take a measurement (despite it being uncalibrated, can you)? I can show exactly what's going on FR wise, and it won't be pretty. If you can't provide anything based on facts or a measured output, you are doing a disservice to yourself and the community by promoting $200 earphones that are absolutely awful by accepted standards. All hype, no substance.

Oh look, the DT300 sucks too. Feedback is great, but why continue to be guinea pigs and hoping to get something good?

Know how I'm dealing with it? I'm warning everyone not to buy any of these custom sets without seeing manufacturer and member measurements. Even then it's still a gamble. We aren't talking about $15 earphones here. $100+ is a large amount of money to be spending for a majority of people to get some very underwhelming earphones with little to no aftermarket support or easy returns.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #37,014 of 106,680
So the general consensus is that the HK6 is pretty poor, or at best only average? Seems to be a lot of conflicting opinions. I'd love to hear it but am not willing to pay $200 just to sate my curiosity.

images (1).jpg

Jul 7, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #37,015 of 106,680
HK6 is no different than any other earphones on the threads. Some love it and some don't. It is simple as that. No real debate in it. Though I have to say way more enjoy it than the few here. But that is ok. We all have likes and dislikes in sound.

@crabdog you should have bhazard send you his so you can check out how boosted they are. Might be a good idea as you might actually enjoy them and he might give you a good deal since he is wanting to part with them. At least hear them and make up your own mind.

I would send you may pair but they are on loan right now.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2018 at 2:54 AM Post #37,016 of 106,680
So the general consensus is that the HK6 is pretty poor, or at best only average? Seems to be a lot of conflicting opinions. I'd love to hear it but am not willing to pay $200 just to sate my curiosity.

My opinion on the HK6 after owning them for over a month:

They’re not a terrible IEM. In fact, I think they have some great qualities to them. For starters, the build quality is great; the metal nozzles and plastic body feel sturdy. They also fit my ears pretty nicely, better than the IT01 in my opinion. But there are a lot of problems with them sound-wise...

My biggest complaint was the overblown mid-bass (at least for me, someone who likes a more linear low end). It warmed up the sound too much and took away from the overall clarity and naturalness that the HK6 could have had. On top of that, something in the upper-midrange was missing too. From what I remember, frequencies around 1k Hz to 3k Hz suffered from a minor dip, resulting in less perceived clarity that only made the mid-bass hump even worse and vocals muddier.

Despite its flaws, it still has some amazing technical abilities, such as its massively wide soundstage, 3D-ness, and note texturing. Layering is pretty good too, as is resolution.

Are they poor? No, I don’t think so. Are they amazing and the next step in Chi-fi? No, I don’t think so either. They are definitely not for everyone, but they’re not bad IEMs. These would have been a steal for around $150, but not for $220+. That’s just my opinion, though.

Jul 8, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #37,018 of 106,680
HK6 is no different than any other earphones on the threads. Some love it and some don't. It is simple as that. No real debate in it. Though I have to say way more enjoy it than the few here. But that is ok. We all have likes and dislikes in sound.

^^ This!

Just go check out the HD58X thread, for every ten people loving them it comes along one that doesn't and then everyone starts screaming: "oh, so they're not the best headphones ever after all" lmao.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2018 at 4:16 AM Post #37,019 of 106,680
HiSenior B5+ and Toneking TK2 are my two favourite iems
Can you tell me more about these? Or anybody else? BEcause i am looking into these, and i want to order multi ba iems, like these? That are provide a lot of sq for the money. How do they sound etc. Any other brands to consider execpt these two when it comes to iems like these?

Jul 8, 2018 at 7:00 AM Post #37,020 of 106,680
Sorry about them DT300 Paco. I would sell em off and move on. I have to agree with you there. These aren't doing anything for me either. There are much more compelling earphones at the $100 price range. I would take my Ibasso IT01. Massdrop, meeaudio PX earphones every time over these.
@Dsnuts,
Do not worry. These things sometimes happen. Jim made you believe they were the bomb, the only thing he did not tell you is that the gunpowder was wet.

This is also learned. Now I am alert about comments of the new FH5. I would like a comparison with the LZ A5.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back