The discovery thread!
Jun 14, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #36,706 of 99,861
Ha, ha, ha... I admire your distinguished HeadFi panache. :ksc75smile:

To be honest - my initial order was T8U, but audio-greed and double twin 33AP Sonion curiosity made me upgrade my order to T12U... therefore I can relate in a way with your latest impulse. :beerchug:

Remember - it is most probable that your T8 will better your B8, but it is also likely that you would still not be wowed at first listen. Just do not hate them when they reveal that your most beloved "fun" IEM was shamelessly cheating on you from the start.

That is actually what I struggle with as well! Phew, not alone. Anyway, I don't know if the T12U would sound that much than the T8+U. I asked Gareth himself and will wait for his response. :)

Jun 14, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #36,707 of 99,861
That is actually what I struggle with as well! Phew, not alone. Anyway, I don't know if the T12U would sound that much than the T8+U. I asked Gareth himself and will wait for his response. :)
I hear you. But I suppose T8 is HiSenior's sweet spot. There is a thread here (and youtube video related to it) about T8 and much of what is said there could be translated to T12 too. Also - T8 is much cheaper and probably a safer bet (what if you do not like T12 in the end?).

Not saying that I regret having mine but saying that most probably I would have been happy with T8U too.

...and BTW, what does + in T8+ stand for?

Jun 14, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #36,708 of 99,861
Jun 14, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #36,709 of 99,861
How did you miss that. Pretty old news now. May 4th D's posted about them. May 4th! :ok_woman:
I probably saw it and forgot. Either that or I just didn't notice the price. There's so many new products to keep up with these days!

Jun 14, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #36,710 of 99,861
I probably saw it and forgot. Either that or I just didn't notice the price. There's so many new products to keep up with these days!
that is the biggest understatement today :wink:

Jun 15, 2018 at 4:13 AM Post #36,711 of 99,861
I hear you. But I suppose T8 is HiSenior's sweet spot. There is a thread here (and youtube video related to it) about T8 and much of what is said there could be translated to T12 too. Also - T8 is much cheaper and probably a safer bet (what if you do not like T12 in the end?).

Not saying that I regret having mine but saying that most probably I would have been happy with T8U too.

...and BTW, what does + in T8+ stand for?

The T8+ has a better vocal driver for which you usually pay arround +40$ upgradewise. :)

Gareth sent me two freq graphs:

T12:
HTB10ieUxWmWBuNjy1Xa760CbXXaw.png

T8:
HTB1Q8TLx_lYBeNjSszc762whFXa8.png

Jun 15, 2018 at 4:15 AM Post #36,712 of 99,861
Sorry for the double post, but when I try to write any further text it mudges up the images.

This is a very tough decision. I guess if I want more bass, I have to go for the T12. They are just more expensive, which I could justify probably, but there is also a bit of anxiety about 12 drivers where if one fails you have to send them back for repair. I wonder what the failure rate is for BAs.

Any information from you guys or any recommendation regarding the freq. graphs, please go ahead!

Jun 15, 2018 at 4:15 AM Post #36,713 of 99,861
The T8+ has a better vocal driver for which you usually pay arround +40$ upgradewise. :)

Gareth sent me two freq graphs:

T12:

T8:
Those look pretty good. Based on my personal preference I'd guess the T12 would be more to my liking.

Jun 15, 2018 at 4:23 AM Post #36,714 of 99,861
Those look pretty good. Based on my personal preference I'd guess the T12 would be more to my liking.

Yeah, for the price of about 789€, 12BAs per side, still a very very good price to performance ratio and a totl contendor I suppose. Still, the T12 is about double the price of the T8+. Hmm. Any further feedback from you guys could be very helpful.. I'm so undecided...

It is actually incredible how responsive and friendly Gareth is. He just told me that there are 4-5 tests before the headphone reaches your doorstep. They even have an 8-hour treatment afterward to ensure everything is accordingly.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 6:00 AM Post #36,715 of 99,861
HTB1UMMkinqWBKNjSZFAq6ynSpXaI.jpg

New 3Ba NiceHCK DT300. Will give these a go soon.

I got home today from a 5K mile drive. Driving around the great lakes and around the NE part of the US and Canada. Gives you some perspective just how big the US/Canada really is.

With over 30,000 insects and one bird kill later I arrived at home safely. Was glad to have my music with me on the long drive. Gotta get caught up.

I have these. Am trying to sell them locally thought lol.

DaT4vIsVQAUoKEA.jpg

By the way the new ones they are selling are the "Pro" versions but I don't think anyone knows what the differences are yet. Price is the same anyway.

Jun 15, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #36,716 of 99,861
Okay. Looks like I'll order the Hisenior T12 24BAs in total for around 900$ with the 2-Pin connection. The sound of the B8 is immediately addicting... They sound lovely and to most, they would already be fantastic enough, but I'll just order this totl IEM and force myself to not spend any more in this hobby. I really have to set this as a goal!

Seriously, Gareth is so responsive and he answered all my questions with patience and everything is just so transparent. You know exactly which drivers come into the T12 and you get a year of warranty as well. It's just too good to be true, the price is easily justified for me.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #36,718 of 99,861
Interesting. NiceHCK released a new HK8. Have no information on them at all.

HTB1.3UYxER1BeNjy0Fmq6z0wVXaM.jpg

Don't know about the sparkly purple but I will get some more info on these.

They look nice, 8BAs per side is cool, but, without wanting to spoil anything for anyone, now that I know how transparent In-Ears can be, in terms of which BAs are being used exactly, I'm a bit spoiled by HiSenior. :D

Jun 15, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #36,719 of 99,861
That bass response of the T12 looks similar to the graphs of the HK6, if I'm not mistaken?

Switched to comfort Comply series on my HK6. Loving them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back