The discovery thread!
Jun 12, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #36,676 of 99,865
I really can't make any promises whether you'll like them or not although I'd love to. It might just be a tad over the top to compare them to headphones about 20-30 times the price, but again, the sound they produce for this little money is, to my ears at least, phenomenal. Again, maybe you have a bit to spare and you wanna try them, but if you already have some decent in-ears, I don't know if I would recommend them since these are not "giant killers" so to speak.

We all hear in-ears or headphones in general differently and everyone has their own taste in sound signature. :) Also, to prove myself that I'm not crazy I also watched a video on YouTube about them, just type in the name and you'll find a mentioned review (not sure if I'm allowed to post links?). The reviewer owns a lot, or at least tested a lot of different in-ears in different price ranges and he found them to be rather decent! His opinions pretty much match mine.

I think what's really amazing them is just that a child with some pocket money could afford them and they for sure sound a TON better than "usual" in-ears in that price category. I have to be very careful to not really like them because they are just so cheap, but really, the price-performance ratio is crazy IMO. :) They immediately, without a doubt, "kill" the KZ-ATE I also own.

If you don't order these, hey, just wait a bit until there will be a unit with even more reviews and praise and then you can pull the trigger. But if you have the money to spare and you want a cheap replacement headphone, or if you're just as curious as me, go for it!

P.S. Chances are high that I'll finally receive my Hisenior 16BA In-Ears tomorrow! If I do, I'll post some impressions as soon as possible. I cannot wait to try them and even compare them to the VK1.

@menuki which seller did you buy from aliexpress and are these iems easy to drive on weak sources like smartphone etc? I am interested thanks

Jun 12, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #36,677 of 99,865
@menuki which seller did you buy from aliexpress and are these iems easy to drive on weak sources like smartphone etc? I am interested thanks

I bought them here. To be honest, I'm quite a bit paranoid that a lot of people will now jump on the bandwagon, get hyped, only to get disappointed by them because they expect a lot. I want to add, I didn't expect anything before first trying them and due to this, I was maybe as blown away as I was. =)

Some might not like the treble since it's smooth and maybe a tad recessed with still a lot of details, or maybe some will find the bass to be lacking. I can let go of that because they are inexpensive, comfortable and I can listen to them for a long period of time. I just like them, they fit me, I cannot make any promises that it will fit you (not talking about the actual fit LOL).

Thankfully they are rather cheap, especially now they're on sale and if you choose free shipping you cannot really lose anything.

EDIT:
Just wanted to further add, they can be, in no way, described as bad. Even if someone made some comparisons to similar priced In-Ears, which might objectively be better, the VK1 just aren't bad headphones.

What maybe fascinates me the most about them, is still the fact they use graphene drivers. I love it when drivers are not simply made with a plastic diagraphm, but with a metal or in this case, carbon material.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #36,678 of 99,865
I bought them here. To be honest, I'm quite a bit paranoid that a lot of people will now jump on the bandwagon, get hyped, only to get disappointed by them because they expect a lot. I want to add, I didn't expect anything before first trying them and due to this, I was maybe as blown away as I was. =)

Some might not like the treble since it's smooth and maybe a tad recessed with still a lot of details, or maybe some will find the bass to be lacking. I can let go of that because they are inexpensive, comfortable and I can listen to them for a long period of time. I just like them, they fit me, I cannot make any promises that it will fit you (not talking about the actual fit LOL).

Thankfully they are rather cheap, especially now they're on sale and if you choose free shipping you cannot really lose anything.

EDIT:
Just wanted to further add, they can be, in no way, described as bad. Even if someone made some comparisons to similar priced In-Ears, which might objectively be better, the VK1 just aren't bad headphones.

What maybe fascinates me the most about them, is still the fact they use graphene drivers. I love it when drivers are not simply made with a plastic diagraphm, but with a metal or in this case, carbon material.
QKZ mainly offers rebrands for failed IEMs, components or leftover parts. Because the design looks exactly like the TRN V10, I immediately thought it must be the V10 with a new name.

When I look at the video, even the box has the size and colors of TRN’s house style. Kind of affirms it. Keep learning interesting things in the world of chifi. :)

Jun 13, 2018 at 6:26 AM Post #36,679 of 99,865
Copped **** Balanced Cable & RevoNext RN-QT2 because of

Lows / Bass

Super-extended with a beefy sub-bass that makes every bass-centric composition as enjoyable as it gets. The mid-bass is very clean, controlled and lacks any distortions, and is responsible for the naturally warm midrange. The lows mainly focus on sub-bass, hence the upper-bass/lower-mids are very clean and never sound bloated or muddy. I'm extremely pleased!

Jun 13, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #36,680 of 99,865
Copped XXXXXX Balanced Cable & YYYYYY because of

Lows / Bass

Super-extended with a beefy sub-bass that makes every bass-centric composition as enjoyable as it gets. The mid-bass is very clean, controlled and lacks any distortions, and is responsible for the naturally warm midrange. The lows mainly focus on sub-bass, hence the upper-bass/lower-mids are very clean and never sound bloated or muddy. I'm extremely pleased!

This brand and this IEM are banned:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1978#post-14135342

Jun 13, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #36,681 of 99,865
Here's a quick test to see if your HK6 is affected with excessive midbass boosting.
Apply the following correction:

Screenshot_20180613-090212_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg

Use song "The Betrayal" from Black Label Society. This song (and album) is poorly mastered, but it has lots of activity in that region. Flip back and forth between EQ on and off. You will hear just how badly boosted and muffled the song is through the HK6 without EQ. With EQ, it sounds much clearer. It sounds excellent actually. The problem is no $200+ IEM should need that amount of correction. I have plenty of $10-$20 earphones that need far less.

For anyone who has said the HK6 sounds excellent sometimes and horrible other times... this is why. Give it a shot and see.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #36,683 of 99,865
I haven't come across a single piece of gear that sounds great on all songs irrespective of the mastering! It would be a miracle for me...

Jun 13, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #36,684 of 99,865
Here's a quick test to see if your HK6 is affected with excessive midbass boosting.
Apply the following correction:

Use song "The Betrayal" from Black Label Society. This song (and album) is poorly mastered, but it has lots of activity in that region. Flip back and forth between EQ on and off. You will hear just how badly boosted and muffled the song is through the HK6 without EQ. With EQ, it sounds much clearer. It sounds excellent actually. The problem is no $200+ IEM should need that amount of correction. I have plenty of $10-$20 earphones that need far less.

For anyone who has said the HK6 sounds excellent sometimes and horrible other times... this is why. Give it a shot and see.
Will try this as soon as I’m home, thanks!

Jun 13, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #36,686 of 99,865
After a short time with them I can say they are great for mid centric music. Very full, warm, yet detailed... hard to fault unless there is sub bass. These were very disappointing in that regard. Other more balanced iems still have some sub bass but these just don't perform. I feel the midbass tries to compensate so I can clearly say that anyone who appreciates bass, or listens more to modern music should look elsewhere.

I will add that the craftsmanship is very impressive. Cable is also great, with plenty of tips. I really think they did a great job, but I won't be keeping them.

Jun 13, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #36,687 of 99,865
After a short time with them I can say they are great for mid centric music. Very full, warm, yet detailed... hard to fault unless there is sub bass. These were very disappointing in that regard. Other more balanced iems still have some sub bass but these just don't perform. I feel the midbass tries to compensate so I can clearly say that anyone who appreciates bass, or listens more to modern music should look elsewhere.

I will add that the craftsmanship is very impressive. Cable is also great, with plenty of tips. I really think they did a great job, but I won't be keeping them.

Will you (be able to) return them, or will you sell them? If you're going to return them, Aliexpress I suppose?

The reason is ask is, I dearly believe the Hisenior 8BA's per side (which cost the same as the HK6) will outperform the HK6, which means I dearly hope that I'll be able to return them. So far there is no tracking ID or anything like that, so I don't even know where my HK6 currently are, my Hisenior should arrive tomorrow!

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #36,688 of 99,865
Will you (be able to) return them, or will you sell them? If you're going to return them, Aliexpress I suppose?

The reason is ask is, I dearly believe the Hisenior 8BA's per side (which cost the same as the HK6) will outperform the HK6, which means I dearly hope that I'll be able to return them. So far there is no tracking ID or anything like that, so I don't even know where my HK6 currently are, my Hisenior should arrive tomorrow!

I will be returning them, and eating the shipping fee (which is fair).
I have not looked into the Hisenior and will take a looksees. Though to be fair the HK6 cost me $220 and the B8 would be $315.

Jun 13, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #36,689 of 99,865
I finally got over 300+ hours in with the HK6, and they actually sound better. The mid-bass isn't nearly as bloated as before, but it's still a tad strong for me, since I like a more neutral low-end. The midrange seems a little less muddy too, with more definition in vocals. Overall clarity has also improved. Even though I don't usually believe in burn-in, these have changed quite a bit.

But... I still don't think it's quite worth the $220 I paid for it, especially when something as incredible as the T2 only costs $50. While it does sound much better than before, it's just not for me. I still find the mid-bass too fatiguing for me and I can't help but want some more clarity in vocals. I think the T2 have successfully spoiled me lol.

I'm sure someone else would love to have these more. If anyone's interested in these, PM me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back