The discovery thread!
Apr 25, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #35,596 of 101,957
I sold off my Fiio X5iii because of the Shanling M3s. Sounds great with everything I got and has excellent power. Balanced out of this thing is a true balanced out. It has double everything just for the balanced out. Brings your earphones to an entirely new realm.

I have the Cayin N5ii as well and that player has double card slots but also has android which kinda slows everything down a bit. Not as slow as the X5iii. Still in the working on firmware stage. Has a fuller warmer tone to the sound ( Cayin house sound ) But out of my players I will say the

Shanling price for performance is the best. Sony ZX300A is absolute beast of a player and is equally as easy to use as the M3s. It is a toss up between the Shanling and the Sony for SQ, but size ease of use and price

Shanling if you never tried one of their players is the best value for the player imo.

Tis the reason why I am kinda interested in this thing.
10086731.gif

Need to be wearing this around my neck on a lanyard. Flava Flav style

1*E5NDV_s9ASAYsMQEX12Ogg.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #35,597 of 101,957
You guys have to remember the actual price on these are $269 and that is what is being sold from the competiton for the HQ6 which has the exact same configuration.

I can certainly ask NiceHCK folks how long they plan on having this sale price but like most things that are good. Must come to an end.
The site states 7 days.

Apr 25, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #35,599 of 101,957
You guys have to remember the actual price on these are $269 and that is what is being sold from the competiton for the HQ6 which has the exact same configuration.

I can certainly ask NiceHCK folks how long they plan on having this sale price but like most things that are good. Must come to an end.

How do we know whether HQ6 has the exact same configuration? Because it looks similar and is 6 BA? Does it mean that we can probably find the alternate names for this IEM, and expect it perform similarly. Would be helpful to know. Hopefully once you receive your HQ6, you can confirm.

Apr 25, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #35,600 of 101,957
I sold off my Fiio X5iii because of the Shanling M3s. Sounds great with everything I got and has excellent power. Balanced out of this thing is a true balanced out. It has double everything just for the balanced out. Brings your earphones to an entirely new realm.

I have the Cayin N5ii as well and that player has double card slots but also has android which kinda slows everything down a bit. Not as slow as the X5iii. Still in the working on firmware stage. Has a fuller warmer tone to the sound ( Cayin house sound ) But out of my players I will say the

Shanling price for performance is the best. Sony ZX300A is absolute beast of a player and is equally as easy to use as the M3s. It is a toss up between the Shanling and the Sony for SQ, but size ease of use and price

Shanling if you never tried one of their players is the best value for the player imo.

Tis the reason why I am kinda interested in this thing.
10086731.gif

Need to be wearing this around my neck on a lanyard. Flava Flav style

1*E5NDV_s9ASAYsMQEX12Ogg.jpeg

Okay, I'm sold buddy. I will give it a try.

Apr 25, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #35,601 of 101,957
Ya it is on its way to me. Somewhere between LA and Colorado. So I should have those very soon. There are just too many similarities between the IEMs to not think it is made by the same OEM manufacturer Even the zip up case they come with look exactly the same but each case has different branding and that is the only difference. Cables they come with are exactly the same as well. We will see.

If I get a red colored HK6 that is not a bad thing. Lol. Well I know they will sound a bit different simply due to the nozzle design and how sound channels through the nozzles. One is all resin bored out for sound and one clearly has a thicker nozzle with filter on it which is the HK6.

Apr 25, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #35,603 of 101,957
Ya the hobby is never cheap. But the reason why the HK6 shines so much is it is a brilliantly tuned Iem and will give people some insight into customized BA sound. Whomever is tuning these for NiceHCK is a master at their craft.

I was chatting with a friend last night about this but it makes plenty of sense to me that these vendors on Aliexpress has some crazy good sounding IEMs what we are not aware of. There are more music enthusiasts in all of China than anywhere else in the world. Guess where a lot of the materials for iems comes from.

My past experience with AT iems for example. There is a black market for rejected AT iems in the Chinese market. You can find plenty of them on Aliexpress. Those rejects end up sounding exactly the same. So are they dupes or are they rejects?. One thing all that has taught me is there are no one better on the planet that can reproduce/ copy a good sound than the Chinese. Sure plenty of great sounding stuff is made all over the world but I bet they are made in China. That my friends is a leg up.

The HK6 is a prime example of someone knowing something about tuning and making it for NiceHCK.

Have you by any chance tried massdrop plus or dita answer, or oriveti ones. all are in 300+ range. massdrop plus, in particular has got wide praise with some saying it is the best iem under 600 usd.

would be interested to hear the comparisons

Apr 25, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #35,604 of 101,957
Good question. I think the more guys get on board with the HK6 the more we will find out. I just know they rock all over the place for SQ as well as look stunning in person. I am gonna refrain from saying they are best iem under whatever. They sound amazing. Too good to believe actually and not to mention is being sold at an unheard of price for what they are.

I would put these iems toe to toe with anything anyones got especially using a pure silver cable and that would get my interest for comparisons.

Apr 25, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #35,605 of 101,957
The Hiby R6 DAP looks good to me too. Decisions. :triportsad:

Apr 25, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #35,606 of 101,957
Small warning about HK6/HQ6 - having multiple drivers working the same region, it's doomed to have some coherency issues.
Not everyone may be sensitive to these issues, but I am. DZ9 has the same problem, although to a much smaller extent. DZ9 also has much better timbre - HK6 sounds somewhat off.
Timbre may be its main problem, there are plenty much cheaper IEMs that sound much more natural.

Bass is not what I expected - sounds like the 2 BAs are firing out of sync. It's not the typical BA tight bass - lacks definition. DZ9's dynamic driver does much better job.
Soundstage is average. Comfort is good. HK6 looks good, but can't compare to DZ9 (see pictures below).

At 200$, HK6 is a disappointment so far. I'll keep tip rolling, but so far the results weren't great.

P.S. Before you spend 200$+ on HK6/HQ6, maybe wait 3-6 months - if the hype train is still going, it may be worth taking a risk. Chances are, there will be the next "world beater" IEM by that time anyway.

upload_2018-4-26_0-19-29.png

upload_2018-4-26_0-19-45.png

Apr 25, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #35,607 of 101,957
Small warning about HK6/HQ6 - having multiple drivers working the same region, it's doomed to have some coherency issues.
Not everyone may be sensitive to these issues, but I am. DZ9 has the same problem, although to a much smaller extent. DZ9 also has much better timbre - HK6 sounds somewhat off.
Timbre may be its main problem, there are plenty much cheaper IEMs that sound much more natural.

Bass is not what I expected - sounds like the 2 BAs are firing out of sync. It's not the typical BA tight bass - lacks definition. DZ9's dynamic driver does much better job.
Soundstage is average. Comfort is good. HK6 looks good, but can't compare to DZ9 (see pictures below).

At 200$, HK6 is a disappointment so far. I'll keep tip rolling, but so far the results weren't great.

P.S. Before you spend 200$+ on HK6/HQ6, maybe wait 3-6 months - if the hype train is still going, it may be worth taking a risk. Chances are, there will be the next "world beater" IEM by that time anyway.

Please let me know what you think is more " natural sounding" Perhaps in a traditional stereo type of natural sounding perhaps. Would love to hear your take on what you feel is better at $200 actually.

Don't hear bass issues your stating on my pair. If there are coherency issues I don't hear it. Maybe my ears are not as good as yours.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #35,609 of 101,957
I would like to follow you since you can tell coherency issues in all BA iems. That is something. I am intrigued. Common man. Don't come into my thread and say there are lots of iems that are cheaper and more natural without actually mentioning what they are? Since you find the Hk6 dissappointing what IEM do you feel is worth that price? Simple question?

Perhaps any of these from your profile page?

Final Audio Design Heaven VI > Havi B3 Pro MK1 > Sennheiser IE80 > Myst Nail 2 V2 > HiFiMan RE-262 >= Final Audio Design Heaven IV > Brainwavz B2 > = JVC FXZ200 > Zero Audio Carbo Basso = Xiaomi Piston 2 > Sony MH755 > Philips SHE3590 > Final Audio Design Heaven II > KOSS KSC75 > Klipsch S4A II > Brainwavz R1 > Sony MH1C > Dasetn PK IE8 > Monoprice MP8320 > Blox BI3

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #35,610 of 101,957
Do you actually own the HK6? Lol. I find it difficult to believe you actually got both of those iems to be honest.

Why don't you write your name on a piece of paper and put it next to that pic of yours. Then I might believe you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back