The discovery thread!
Dec 17, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #34,621 of 99,825
Nothing wrong with bright:) More how it is done. Think we are really only worried about the old CNT peaks and the Titan 1 peak that were too much w/o modification(i.e. Ostry OS100 = Titan-1 fixed). Talk of advanced CNT drivers and liquid metal housings that are better with resonance and ringing over the stainless steel. Heck they are suppose to come with tuning tips(the blue tips) to make them sound brighter. So, after all that and the Titan trial runs, if these have a treble peak flaw then they are a fail. Then maybe I'll look towards the ADV GT3 for a single dynamic flagship and see how the JVC FD turns out(same worry about treble). I do have some faith after the T3 and T5 tuning and going back to tweak for the EX1-II that they are making progress on getting treble tuned right. Just time for the payoff here.
I am really interested in falcon-c and to jump on them without warning for some reviews/impressions but when i came to know they brightly tuned i hold my hands i think it is better to wait and see some impressions before purchasing ( i know bright tuning is not a bad thing but want to see how much bright they are)

Dec 17, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #34,622 of 99,825
Beautiful review which made me think that these would make a great replacement for my dying Havi B3s and I could share the cables with the IT01s I have on the way. I almost ordered these until I noticed these are 2 pin and not mmcx like the IT01s. Are there any 2 pin to mmcx adapters or would that degrade the sound?

Glad you enjoyed the review :) These are pretty nice but I'm not sure they'd be a good replacement for the Havi. They're two very different products. The EDC to my ears falls short on sound stage and detail compared to the B3, and is significantly bassier.

I've seen lots of adapters out there but haven't tried any myself. The EDC uses .77mm pins btw. Noticed I completely overlooked that in the review so I've updated it accordingly. Thanks!

Dec 17, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #34,623 of 99,825
New Toneking 5 BA rears its head. Super tempting. Hope it also comes with single flange tips. Never found a double that worked for my ears yet.

HTB1s_SDckfb_uJkSnb4q6xCrXXav.jpg

Dec 17, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #34,624 of 99,825
Well I had a chance to try the Sony WF1000X today and damned near left the store with a pair! I am a sucker for the Sony house sound... Glad I didn't though as they did cut out on the right ear while in the store and it appears this is a common occurrence.

But it does have me seriously thinking about getting the Wi1000x which has better detail and better specs as it supports Aptx and Aptx HD which my LG V20 also supports as well as being a hybrid.

Anyone hear try the WI1000X?

What out of all the gems recently discovered will give me a Sony like sound and save my bank account???

They look nice (but pricey), and I bet sound great. On a personal note, I'm not sure if I would enjoy having that neckband around my neck, but it might be okay. I'm pretty happy with how small the fiio btr1 receiver is and the fact that I can use my wired headphone gear with it. Another bonus is that my desire for finding bluetooth headphones/iems has lessened considerably now, which means that I can now live vicariously through your wallet :)

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #34,625 of 99,825
Wish these were recommendable but seems like they messed up/released them with connection stability issues...
20170201114421.jpg

Too bad as they are a beautiful earphone and the Live monitor concept and app are interesting :frowning2:

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #34,626 of 99,825
Dec 17, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #34,627 of 99,825
New Toneking 5 BA rears its head. Super tempting. Hope it also comes with single flange tips. Never found a double that worked for my ears yet.

Wish it was 4 BA + 1 DD, might have actually jumped on it just b/c its ToneKing

Dec 17, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #34,628 of 99,825
I have to say as a music lover I am amazed that these big companies keep making BT products that have so many issues. What the heck is the point in making something sound good if it cuts out so much that you cant actually enjoy them?

Dec 18, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #34,631 of 99,825
Man the CA F2 only has 2 BA and I do not miss a dynamic at all. It packs some real weight.
Which one is that?

Haha fortunately for my pocket, that thing is ugly. Now that I'm thinking about it i no longer own any Hybrid gear, it's all Single Dynamic Drivers. I've also never heard an only BA earphone, maybe I need a 5 driver BA earphone :D

Dec 18, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #34,633 of 99,825
Got my two cables today. Happy with both. Seller did only get around to shipping on the 10th even though I had a tracking number well before that. The usual Ali shenanigans so no harm no foul.

MMCX( https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...s-Replacement-Silver/1938884_32842494214.html ) gives much different impression than Brainwavz Frosty...
IMG_0561.JPG

Similar foil type cable but more cores and sounds a bit better for $10 less at the time(though I got my Frosty cable free and not the $30) Better plug, Y, chin slider, and ear guide portion. Looks and feels more upscale and robust. Certainly a nice addition to the B400 so far.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #34,634 of 99,825
Got my two cables today. Happy with both. Seller did only get around to shipping on the 10th even though I had a tracking number well before that. The usual Ali shenanigans so no harm no foul.

MMCX( https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...s-Replacement-Silver/1938884_32842494214.html ) gives much different impression than Brainwavz Frosty...

Similar foil type cable but more cores and sounds a bit better for $10 less at the time(though I got my Frosty cable free and not the $30) Better plug, Y, chin slider, and ear guide portion. Looks and feels more upscale and robust. Certainly a nice addition to the B400 so far.
This cable looks really solid build quality ,

Dec 19, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #34,635 of 99,825
They look nice (but pricey), and I bet sound great. On a personal note, I'm not sure if I would enjoy having that neckband around my neck, but it might be okay. I'm pretty happy with how small the fiio btr1 receiver is and the fact that I can use my wired headphone gear with it. Another bonus is that my desire for finding bluetooth headphones/iems has lessened considerably now, which means that I can now live vicariously through your wallet :)

Guess you get to live vicariously through my wallet Wayne :). I decided to take advantage of the $50 off sale price and ordered the WI1000X just miss that Sony sound... I know it won't be as good as my dead Z5's but hopefully it will be something close...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back