The discovery thread!
Oct 3, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #33,721 of 101,645
I was looking around and saw this. They are probably a waste of money but I thought this the discovery thread, so...

If they are crap I will stop farting around and just get the DM5 but who knows maybe they will be a diamond in the rough.
Don't forget the shozy X aaw hibiki and the echobox audio traveler

Oct 3, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #33,722 of 101,645
I will keep both those in mind Mochill. The Hibiki looks quite interesting with the big bio cellulose driver, I will start reading up on them.

Oct 3, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #33,724 of 101,645
I was looking around and saw this. They are probably a waste of money but I thought this the discovery thread, so...

If they are crap I will stop farting around and just get the DM5 but who knows maybe they will be a diamond in the rough.

FWIW I've got those and I'm not impressed by then in any way, very bassy and quite muddy sounding. Maybe worth the price if you're a basshead but not anything special. As always YMMV, yada yada and all that :wink:

Oct 3, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #33,725 of 101,645
Ya been keeping tabs on that M300 thread. Initial impressions don't bode well for them. Ear pieces breaking off. Disconnection. QC for even a $150 planar earphone should have some basic solidity to it you would figure. More and more guys will get on the DM5 bandwagon and as long as people are willing to be patient with them. It will surprise like no other.

Thought you was an ear bud guy Wayne? Glad we got your attention on these. I really think these are the find of this year thus far.

Tin%20audioT2-420x420.jpg

T2s have been in the burner since I got them. They don't seem to be the type that change much in sonics but what I did end up doing is change up the cable and this made a big difference on these earphones. I switched up this stock cable these come with to one of my better SPC cables a much higher end one and they sound ever so much closer to the performance of the MEE audio PX. Wider stage, clearer a bit airier. These sound excellent for the $50 I payed for Penon audio to ship a pair my way. These are a nice alternative to Havi B pros and even the PX earphone. Neutrally tuned and sound fantastic with acoustic stuff. I think for guys that want a more neutrally tuned sound I would try one of these. Guys that want one of the best bass presentations on just about any earphone with their detailed sound spend the extra $15 for a DM5.
The p1 and TFZ are at massdrop . Will You sill suggest to get the dm5?

Oct 3, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #33,728 of 101,645
The p1 and TFZ are at massdrop . Will You sill suggest to get the dm5?
Yes I'm eyeing off the TFZ (5s probably) and P1 on massdrop (although looking a the newer P2) but also looking at the TinAudio T2, and the newer echobox audio traveler (waiting to hear some more detailed reviews on that to help my decision).
I am really enticed by the DM5 but ended up ruling them out the because I want decent isolation with commuting (and they probably do better with more than just a mobile driving them).

Oct 3, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #33,729 of 101,645
Not a diamond in the rough :) At that price you can get something like the UiiSii CM5 instead.

Looking to hear impressions on this one...
https://penonaudio.com/HiLisening-HLS-S8
Perhaps B9 will get one to compare with his other $99 hybrids!

Oct 3, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #33,730 of 101,645
FWIW I've got those and I'm not impressed by then in any way, very bassy and quite muddy sounding. Maybe worth the price if you're a basshead but not anything special. As always YMMV, yada yada and all that :wink:

Peter, did you have a chance to listen to Hibiki? @HiFiChris review HERE is quite discouraging.

Oct 3, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #33,731 of 101,645
Yep, Mochill seemed off on that Hibiki. :rolling_eyes: Seems a slight bit above the Zero which is fine but not great. Traveler anyone?:thinking:

Oct 3, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #33,732 of 101,645
Yes I'm eyeing off the TFZ (5s probably) and P1 on massdrop (although looking a the newer P2) but also looking at the TinAudio T2, and the newer echobox audio traveler (waiting to hear some more detailed reviews on that to help my decision).
I am really enticed by the DM5 but ended up ruling them out the because I want decent isolation with commuting (and they probably do better with more than just a mobile driving them).
Why do you think dm5 doesn’t isolate well?

Oct 3, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #33,733 of 101,645
Peter, did you have a chance to listen to Hibiki? @HiFiChris review HERE is quite discouraging.

No, unfortunately I haven't heard them. I did read his review though and I agree, not very tempting.......

Oct 3, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #33,734 of 101,645
Have only used DM5 indoors, so I don't know how well it isolates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back