The discovery thread!
Sep 10, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #3,317 of 101,013
Quote:
[size=medium]edit: did I mention these are dual dynamic drivers? only for 30 bucks? the cheapest dual drivers yo can get...[/size]

They seem to have gone up in price. I managed to pick up Brookestone's Duel Driver for 25 dollars. One of my best buys.

@Xears guy; I prefer my FX40s over Xears. Xears' sound signature just doesn't fit my ears. 

Sep 11, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #3,318 of 101,013
What I'm kind of getting from this is that, FXD80 are great for all round purposes, CKM500 is good but not as good,
XB90EX are the kings of bass, CKS77 are good but not as good, 
Then we have the cheapos that are just AWESOME?!?!
What should I look out for, for the next big purchase, something to drive me to save up for?

Sep 11, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #3,321 of 101,013
Slightly bass emphasised - liquid mids with a slightly docile (tame) treble. It can hit fairly low in sub-bass regions, has a slight mid bass hump and best of all won't bleed into the midrange as you find in cheaper gems. You'll get a real taste of micro detailing, imaging and separation while keeping the fun bassy appeal.

Look it up..... keep saving for one big purchase rather than several small ones.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-252-iems-compared-jvc-ha-fx40-and-ha-fxd80-added-09-05-12

Sep 11, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #3,322 of 101,013
Yea that was what I was figuring, but you know I still want that road to find that perfect one!
I mean the journey of going through IEMs discovering whats some have to offer, eg better mids or highs,
The whole concept excites me :)
I will look into it, and so far I think I have enough little gems for now that I may actually get one big awesome purchase!
thanks for your input :)

Sep 11, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #3,323 of 101,013
hello people in this forum im new to this but i like a lot this iem hobby lol, i have bose ie2 they are pretty good bass heavy if you add a normal silicone eartip but you loose a lot of highs to the point you cant hear anything so  im looking for vibrant very low freq. bass and thinking of cks77 but its worthwhile spend a little more to get the xb90ex? right now im using panasonic hje290 deep bass it was a 10 bucks deal not bad at all! lol
]

Sep 11, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #3,324 of 101,013
@mnlala
Well, if you've read the previous post regarding the XB90EX, it is a step above the CKS77 by a bit.
I don't know myself from experience, but I remember seeing that the CKS77 has a lot of mid bass while the XB90EX has better sub-bass.
And If you don't know already, Dsnuts (the almighty IEM BOSS!) has crowned the XB90EX the bass king!
So if you want something that is the best for what your looking for I reckon you should go with the XB90EX
I too was in this situation, the whole humming and harring about which I should get, I haven't actually went out and bought either of them but in the future Im probably just going to go straight for the top! I guess if you find a great price on a CKS77 then go for CKS77 otherwise if your just saving up then go for a XB90EX.
I guess the CKS77 will be great to listen to too because its still about the whole experience, and would make it a great comparison to the XB90EX and that something Im still stewing over myself.
Well I hoped this helped in some sort of way :)

Sep 11, 2012 at 4:01 AM Post #3,325 of 101,013
Quote:
Sure,  all I was saying is that despite the hype there are options at the same price (which I listed) that can be favoured to the fxd-80,  where i think its out of hand is peoples expectations, especially in regard to the 40's, you may be getting great sound in what you have heard before but the fact is it is still middling (great for the price yes, but by no means exceptional like is being toted around here).

I would categorize as follows

fx101.   GREAT - for specific purpose of thumping bass phone and price even when comparing to atrio's
fx-40.    OK - middle of the road sound, at a great price, can compete with phones up to 20 or so dollars more but not higher.
fxd-80.  Good - Not great, not giant killer, bested by many within its price range but still good sounding.  (price is slightly lower then when i purchased so value may have gone up but not rank.)

I still find my Philips SHE3580 with custom EQ to sound better than any IEM I've auditioned up to $300 (and I only stop there because I haven't been able to get my hands on anything more expensive)
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Although it's not a fair comparison because I've tuned a custom EQ for the Philips but not the others

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 11, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #3,326 of 101,013
Quote:
They seem to have gone up in price. I managed to pick up Brookestone's Duel Driver for 25 dollars. One of my best buys.

@Xears guy; I prefer my FX40s over Xears. Xears' sound signature just doesn't fit my ears. 

yeah, the prices I'm seeing on amazon right now are kinda too high, except for the 55-ish one...

imo, they are totally worth 50$ and maybe a little bit more.... 

Sep 12, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #3,328 of 101,013
Quote:

Yeah, thats right   ...go ahead and tease us all !
rolleyes.gif

Come on, I am just a poor guy that looking for decent earphones when opportunity come. Don't mock on me, ok?
It maybe the first time I can ever hv a chance to own a pair of mid-range IEM.

Question again, anybody can help me out?
Which one is the best, JVC HA-FXD70, HA-FXD60, HA-FX40, HA-FX3X?
Thx u so much!

Sep 12, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #3,329 of 101,013
Quote:

Come on, I am just a poor guy that looking for decent earphones when opportunity come. Don't mock on me, ok?

Thx u so much!

best for what?

Sep 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #3,330 of 101,013
Quote:

Thx u so much!

I think the most refined sound of the choices you have are the FXD70's.  Not sure about the FX3X but I assume it will have big bass.  Same goes for the FX40's.  Having owned the FX40, I would say the FXD60's are nice step up from the 40's.  The 70's are a good step up from the 60's with tighter bass, little more detail but less stage.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back