The discovery thread!
Sep 10, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #3,301 of 101,092
Quote:
eph-100 are a particular favourite of mine so ill leave them out, everything else is of course a personal preference I have came to when direct comparing and evaluating them.  The fxd-80's were good (i did not say otherwise).

I wouldnt put any value on the fxt-90 as i have never owned it or been inclined to own it.  What I did think was that at $30 and above the fx40 wades into xears territory and that they should be pause for consideration given equally good performance and better build quality.

Fx40 is under $20.00 , exactly $17.86   thats almost the half of the price of the Xears.

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HAFX40B-Carbon-Nanotube-Coated/dp/B0079LE43W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347316939&sr=8-1&keywords=fx40

Sep 10, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #3,303 of 101,092
Quote:
Not sure what your budget is but the JVC FXD series are worth your hard earned cash in my book.  Even the FXD60's have amazing sound.  Less refined of the three but still brings out great clarity but more powerful bass thats addicting.  But if you are a sub-bass man, the XB90EX is king without losing too much details in the mids and highs.  Lots of choices but most listed in this thread is here for a reason.  One of the better threads here on head-fi.  

thanks man - I appreciate your replies. I also consider those as an alternative, but the thing is, I really want sub-bass and big sound stage (mainly for big classical pieces) and XB90EX seems to be better in this regard. my budget as of now isn't really decided, but I would say something in 100$ range. I just wish these were sold in u.s. - they would be much cheaper (judging from the amazon japan prices) compared to what they are going for on ebay...

oh, and btw - all of you guys that love high value stuff should check out Able Planet SI500 iems - I'm listening to them right now and wonder if higher end iems will even manage to outperform these (I guess they will manage, but these sound so good, I can't imagine how  LOL). thge sound on these is big, wide, detailed and fast. fast pasages in rock is a breeze for these - something that my other iems could never manage. subbass starts from 15 herz (if the volume is crancked high enough you can actually feel tyhe vibrations) and becomes really audible at about 25. bass stays out of the mids and doesn't bleed in at all, or at least it sounds that way to me. highs are detailed and laid back, sometimes sparkly, but never sibilant or excessive.

I have to write a review on these some times soon, but until then, I would say to get them - at 30$ with free shipping from amazon, you can not go wrong. also, if some of you guys gets to compare these with the ones I'd like to buy in the future (fxds or XB90ex-s for example) I would have a better [size=medium]reference...

edit: did I mention these are dual dynamic drivers? only for 30 bucks? the cheapest dual drivers yo can get...
[/size]

Sep 10, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #3,304 of 101,092
Quote:
eph-100 are a particular favourite of mine so ill leave them out, everything else is of course a personal preference I have came to when direct comparing and evaluating them.  The fxd-80's were good (i did not say otherwise).

I wouldnt put any value on the fxt-90 as i have never owned it or been inclined to own it.  What I did think was that at $30 and above the fx40 wades into xears territory and that they should be pause for consideration given equally good performance and better build quality.

Then that could be considered a plus to the Xears.

Sep 10, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #3,306 of 101,092
thanks man - I appreciate your replies. I also consider those as an alternative, but the thing is, I really want sub-bass and big sound stage (mainly for big classical pieces) and XB90EX seems to be better in this regard. my budget as of now isn't really decided, but I would say something in 100$ range. I just wish these were sold in u.s. - they would be much cheaper (judging from the amazon japan prices) compared to what they are going for on ebay...

oh, and btw - all of you guys that love high value stuff should check out Able Planet SI500 iems - I'm listening to them right now and wonder if higher end iems will even manage to outperform these (I guess they will manage, but these sound so good, I can't imagine how  LOL). thge sound on these is big, wide, detailed and fast. fast pasages in rock is a breeze for these - something that my other iems could never manage. subbass starts from 15 herz (if the volume is crancked high enough you can actually feel tyhe vibrations) and becomes really audible at about 25. bass stays out of the mids and doesn't bleed in at all, or at least it sounds that way to me. highs are detailed and laid back, sometimes sparkly, but never sibilant or excessive.

I have to write a review on these some times soon, but until then, I would say to get them - at 30$ with free shipping from amazon, you can not go wrong. also, if some of you guys gets to compare these with the ones I'd like to buy in the future (fxds or XB90ex-s for example) I would have a better [size=medium]reference...

edit: did I mention these are dual dynamic drivers? only for 30 bucks? the cheapest dual drivers yo can get...
[/size]

On my wish list, thanks:cool:

Sep 10, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #3,307 of 101,092
Do the philips she3580 and she3590 have the same sound? And is there ever going to be a comparison between all these iems divided by price range like fx101 vs she3580/90 vs isurus vs whatever else

Sep 10, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #3,309 of 101,092
Quote:
sorry to tell u that I believe the store is not in yr country

Yeah, thats right   ...go ahead and tease us all !
rolleyes.gif

Sep 10, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #3,315 of 101,092
lol damm i just finally took mine off but i guess i can throw them back on my burn rig.........should be good by christmas no?

Apparently they need 1000 at least FX101. Mine have 2367 on them and for 'some reason' still don't sound very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back