The discovery thread!
Sep 9, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #3,242 of 101,261
Quote:
Hmmm, that just put me off your sale,
Hahahahaha,
Na Im still interested,
but you could you tell me a comparison of the two?
Does it extend to the low frequencies just as well as the CKM500? or better?
I kind of like my bass, but I do enjoy overall good sound quality, not like the JVC FX1X, which is bloated bass!
Thanks

I would say the M500 has more quantity in bass but the D80's have plenty of quantity and better quality.  The overall sound is more refined in the D80 and one of my favorites of all time to listen to.  

Sep 9, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #3,243 of 101,261
So anything new about the martin and logan iems?

Sep 9, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #3,244 of 101,261
Quote:
So anything new about the martin and logan iems?

I would highly recommend them and worth the $150 retail.  It's tuned closer to the neutral side of things.  Really doesn't emphasize any spectrum but not boring to listen to.  I would still consider this earphone to reproduce some of the best vocals I've heard.  

Sep 9, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #3,245 of 101,261
The FX3X is a bigger sounding FX101. Everything from the bass to the highs is expanded over all scope of sound is bigger wider deeper. ..They use the old Carbon diaphrams instead of the nanotubes .But Bass is high quality. Would I get one for all around music?.The XB90 is still king of bass earphones but the FX3X does come close and actually has better extended highs over the XB90...I think they are worth the money to get. More of a side grade to the CKS77. But for the cost definitely worth checking out and a better value than the CKS77. Go for it. They are worthy earphones and are rare. Not too many guys can say they own the FX3X.  Like all carbon based JVCs. I would recommend at least 150 hours of burn in. The highs settle down and sound will become much more smoother over all. Great earphone for $60 free ship. Go for it.

Sep 9, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #3,246 of 101,261
Quote:
The FX3X is a bigger sounding FX101. Everything from the bass to the highs is expanded over all scope of sound is bigger wider deeper. ..They use the old Carbon diaphrams instead of the nanotubes .But Bass is high quality. Would I get one for all around music?.The XB90 is still king of bass earphones but the FX3X does come close and actually has better extended highs over the XB90...I think they are worth the money to get. More of a side grade to the CKS77. But for the cost definitely worth checking out and a better value than the CKS77. Go for it. They are worthy earphones and are rare. Not too many guys can say they own the FX3X.  Like all carbon based JVCs. I would recommend at least 150 hours of burn in. The highs settle down and sound will become much more smoother over all. Great earphone for $60 free ship. Go for it.

thanks. few questions:

how's the build quality? it seems that they should have no problems with that whatsoever but still...

how are the mids? are they recessed? I've never listened to fx101 nor cks77 so I can't really use that comparison much :frowning2:

Sep 9, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #3,247 of 101,261
Well you gotta understand these are bass earphones so the bass will be prominent making even forward mid sections take second place to the big bass presentation but definitely not recessed. The sound has good balance for being monster bass earphones. If bass is what you want with good highs and mids. That is what you will get with the FX3X..On bass light tunes the mids are solid on these earphones no bass bleed what so ever. But on bass tunes you know what these earphones can do...The highs do have some peaks on open box but end up smoothing out with much burn in. Overall they sound great but again needs some aggressive burn in.. Build quality is tops on these FX3X. Very similar to the FX1X. Using same thick red cord.. Very little microphonics. Overall good quality and value with excellent sound.  They sound great with all my tunes and not just bass heavy ones.

Sep 9, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #3,248 of 101,261
Quote:
I would say the M500 has more quantity in bass but the D80's have plenty of quantity and better quality.  The overall sound is more refined in the D80 and one of my favorites of all time to listen to.  

Damn that makes it sound so tempting!!!!
You don't happen to be selling an FXD80 now are you? 
Haha
Well thanks for that comparison, ill let you know soon on my decision alright :)
Thanks

Sep 9, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #3,249 of 101,261
Quote:
Well you gotta understand these are bass earphones so the bass will be prominent making even forward mid sections take second place to the big bass presentation but definitely not recessed. The sound has good balance for being monster bass earphones. If bass is what you want with good highs and mids. That is what you will get with the FX3X..On bass light tunes the mids are solid on these earphones no bass bleed what so ever. But on bass tunes you know what these earphones can do...The highs do have some peaks on open box but end up smoothing out with much burn in. Overall they sound great but again needs some aggressive burn in.. Build quality is tops on these FX3X. Very similar to the FX1X. Using same thick red cord.. Very little microphonics. Overall good quality and value with excellent sound.  They sound great with all my tunes and not just bass heavy ones.

I like that - I don't mind any quantity of bass, unless it bleeds into mids, but if the mids and highs stay clear, then I'm all for it :) 

thanks for the reply, really appreciate it. wonder if they'll be available in U.S. like the fx1x-s are, or if they too are Asian market exclusives...

Sep 9, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #3,250 of 101,261
Hmmm, that just put me off your sale,
Hahahahaha,
Na Im still interested,
but you could you tell me a comparison of the two?

Does it extend to the low frequencies just as well as the CKM500? or better?

I kind of like my bass, but I do enjoy overall good sound quality, not like the JVC FX1X, which is bloated bass!
Thanks

Fx1x. Worst sounding iem...ever.

Sep 9, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #3,251 of 101,261
FXD80's are fantastic.  I prefer them over the 500's by a good margin.  

Mine (fxd80) should be arriving this week, i hope... If its a better and more refined fx40, with better mids and highs, with the same clarity i think i am selling my s500

Dont get me wrong, they are fantastic, but i like to use iems more than heaphones.

Sep 9, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #3,252 of 101,261
I cannot imagine them sounding better than they do right now, but I guess I'll see. They sound a bit muddy in lower mids though [Example: Jason Marz The Forecast].

These need a high volume burn-in, correct?

Dude.... Dude.... They get better and better :D. Its adicting :mad:

Sep 9, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #3,253 of 101,261
Quote:
Mine (fxd80) should be arriving this week, i hope... If its a better and more refined fx40, with better mids and highs, with the same clarity i think i am selling my s500
Dont get me wrong, they are fantastic, but i like to use iems more than heaphones.

I think you'll like the FXD80 then.  I do like the S500 quite a bit but still prefer the FXD80's.  

Sep 9, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #3,254 of 101,261

I am going to kick myself in the.... I just spent 40 bucks on the soundmagics. :mad::mad::mad:

Sep 9, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #3,255 of 101,261
Really excited about ML headphones, though I googled and looked at Amazon, don't see anyone selling them. (my brother in law has a pair of the hybrids, driven by Krell, very nice...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back