The discovery thread!
Sep 6, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #3,213 of 101,950
DS. Are this sonys an upgrade or sidegrade from the fxd80?
Sorry if it has been asked before.

Sep 6, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #3,214 of 101,950
Different grade. Completely different. The XB90EX is another sound all together. The biggest sub bass you have heard with a overall big sound. The FXD80 will sound lean in comparison..It will be more of a matter of taste in how you like your sound more than anything. If Bass and big stage is your thing the XB90s will be king. If clarity detail and imagery is your thing the FXD80..

Sep 6, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #3,215 of 101,950
Then, not my cup of tea, ill take clarity and detail over bass, any day.

Sep 7, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #3,218 of 101,950
Quote:
when will the sonys be available in U.S.? I don't wanna buy them on ebay - prices are kinda high, as is with the FXD80s...

Sadly, there are a lot of great headphones tat never make it to the U.S. .

Does anyone know the size of the FX40's stem? I'm buying tips and need to know what size I should get.

Sep 7, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #3,221 of 101,950
Just a heads up. These SHE5105s are selling at a great price if anyone wants the latest Philips earphone. At this price I can recommend them.

$29 on Amazon. Bought my pair for $50. so this is a great deal. Think newest version of SHE3580 SHE9700 sound signature.

Sep 8, 2012 at 4:43 AM Post #3,222 of 101,950
Just a heads up. These SHE5105s are selling at a great price if anyone wants the latest Philips earphone. At this price I can recommend them. $29 on Amazon. Bought my pair for $50. so this is a great deal. Think newest version of SHE3580 SHE9700 sound signature.

Just ordered from Shenzhen China that one.

What do you think Dsnuts, can it compete with more than USD 100 IEMs? Or the more expensive Sony, JVC, Shure, and much more are way better than Philips SHE5105?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Sep 8, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #3,223 of 101,950
These are certainly a good value earphones especially if your a fan of the Philips earphones. I think they stay up very well to others and beat most in their price range. AT some point you should try out the JVC models that are on this thread both of them are excellent for their price points as well. Now if you want a nice upgrade from all these cheaper budget ones. I would look into a CKM500 or JVCs newest. The FXd70 or the FXd80.

Sep 8, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #3,224 of 101,950
These are certainly a good value earphones especially if your a fan of the Philips earphones. I think they stay up very well to others and beat most in their price range. AT some point you should try out the JVC models that are on this thread both of them are excellent for their price points as well. Now if you want a nice upgrade from all these cheaper budget ones. I would look into a CKM500 or JVCs newest. The FXd70 or the FXd80.

Thanks for the heads up. :) I will add your suggestions for references.

I like balance sound signature with strong deep punchy bass, so far only Philips SHE 9700 get it out right. It also comes with 2 years warranty in my country, while others are imported from abroad and having no service center.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Sep 8, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #3,225 of 101,950
I have a question about JVC's fx3x:  I don't know why I didn't pay any attention to these earlier (maybe that gaudy red/black theme and double X's were turnoffs), but I just noticed that they are also made from carbon diaphragms (is it the same as carbon nanotube?) and considering their price, they should be top of the line in xtrem xplosives series... how do these sound? except for the bass, do they have any mids in them? :D I'd like to buy some versatile iems for every kind of genre and if they are lacking too much in mids, they are not for me. I'll listen everything with them - classical, rock, jazz, hip-hop, opera and so on... I was looking at the sony's XB90EXbut if these are "almost as good" then I'll take these instead (they are kinda cheaper and I need new pair of iems as my cat just chewed on my able planet si500-s cable and it doesn't look like they'll last :frowning2: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back