The discovery thread!
Jul 29, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #32,401 of 106,883
So I get my RED massdrop edition Monk plus in a couple days ago. It has been a while since I listened to an earbud. These things sound damn good. It is amazing how much sonics you get for the money now a days.

I know I am late to the bandwagon on them but I think if more and more manufacturers push the envelope on sound on the cheap that is such good news for enthusiasts around the world. I only wish the sound per money ratio scaled up to he level of the Monks that would be something.

They kinda remind me of an open back headphone in sound. Airy, balanced well, not an authority on resolution or attack but I aint gonna complain for the price.

Jul 29, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #32,402 of 106,883
So I get my RED massdrop edition Monk plus in a couple days ago. It has been a while since I listened to an earbud. These things sound damn good. It is amazing how much sonics you get for the money now a days.

I know I am late to the bandwagon on them but I think if more and more manufacturers push the envelope on sound on the cheap that is such good news for enthusiasts around the world. I only wish the sound per money ratio scaled up to he level of the Monks that would be something.

They kinda remind me of an open back headphone in sound. Airy, balanced well, not an authority on resolution or attack but I aint gonna complain for the price.

Dsnuts, did you ever listened to the original monks? You really should try to get one to compare, they are lot better to my ears!

Jul 29, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #32,403 of 106,883

Received my reds a while ago. Really nice, and the complement the TY Hi-Z HP32 nicely. Not a big fan of earbuds, because of fit etc, but I ordered the Auglamour RX-1 too, so it's going to be interesting to compare all three. :)

Jul 29, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #32,404 of 106,883
Received my nicehck dz7 and here is my out of the box impression . Soundstage is narrow and feel congested. Worst than the previous qt5. The sound is veil and it feels like you are sitting far away from the singer or band. The bass is weak on most song which is a surprise cause it has adynamic driver. But on some songs the bass can come thumping hard and deep. I guess more is not always good and this is it. No more nicehck

Jul 29, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #32,405 of 106,883
Dsnuts, did you ever listened to the original monks? You really should try to get one to compare, they are lot better to my ears!

Never heard any of them actually. First time for me. Not a big fan of buds so I passed on them till I saw a recent deal on Massdrop. Glad I gave them a go.

Received my reds a while ago. Really nice, and the complement the TY Hi-Z HP32 nicely. Not a big fan of earbuds, because of fit etc, but I ordered the Auglamour RX-1 too, so it's going to be interesting to compare all three. :)

Look forward to your comparison.

Received my nicehck dz7 and here is my out of the box impression . Soundstage is narrow and feel congested. Worst than the previous qt5. The sound is veil and it feels like you are sitting far away from the singer or band. The bass is weak on most song which is a surprise cause it has adynamic driver. But on some songs the bass can come thumping hard and deep. I guess more is not always good and this is it. No more nicehck

Damn that don't sound like how ericp describe them.  I take it you tried some different tips to get a good seal?

Jul 30, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #32,406 of 106,883

After the schiit they pulled with QT5, I wouldn't trust any of their stuff to sound good...  Sorry you had to find out the hard way. If tip rolling or cable change doesn't fix I hope you can return. Good luck 

Jul 30, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #32,407 of 106,883
  Never heard any of them actually. First time for me. Not a big fan of buds so I passed on them till I saw a recent deal on Massdrop. Glad I gave them a go.

Look forward to your comparison.

Damn that don't sound like how ericp describe them.  I take it you tried some different tips to get a good seal?

Tip is not an issue as i have a good seal...the issue is not with tips but the sound signature.. i notice a lot of buyer from japan give very good feedbak which is why i jump into the bandwagon or not..maybe japanese has different taste than me

Jul 30, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #32,408 of 106,883

Thanks for letting us know. Sorry you had to go through the trouble.

Jul 30, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #32,409 of 106,883
  Thanks for letting us know. Sorry you had to go through the trouble.

Hmm i notice the tips i use is the white color which reduce the distance between nozzle to ear. I change to the black tip which increase the length between nozzle to ear. Then i change the stock cable (white color) not sure is silver or not to a full copper cable running on balance.

Well the sound turn from coal to gold. 

Jul 30, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #32,410 of 106,883
  Hmm i notice the tips i use is the white color which reduce the distance between nozzle to ear. I change to the black tip which increase the length between nozzle to ear. Then i change the stock cable (white color) not sure is silver or not to a full copper cable running on balance.

Well the sound turn from coal to gold. 

Tips can have a massive effect on sound :)

Jul 30, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #32,414 of 106,883
sorry for the false alarm folks! my bad my bad...thousand apologies.. With the current sound no regret getting it :)

What you are saying is they are not good unless running Balanced or maybe at least a different cable which is terrible for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back