The discovery thread!
Jul 26, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #32,371 of 102,626
I haven't heard the Oppo though it was on my list for quite a while, the fact you can use the lightning cable for digital out on it. That's pure win. I may be able to hit their store today in Menlo Park, CA. I've been wanting to go to check out the HA2

HA2 is excellent, especially for digital out from apple devices or android.  Katz's column in recent Innerfidelity.com post said that the pairing of
the HA2 with the PM3 was a TOTL combination for portable use.  good battery life, form factor, leather finish and oppo engineering make it
a top contender for portable use. has bass boost, different output level switch etc.

Jul 26, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #32,372 of 102,626
Testing the the HA2 with my Fiio X3II and my MusicMaker TK13 right now and WOW.

Listening to the Witcher 3 soundtrack on the PM3 now and damn the sound is crisp and clear. Almost like a theater setup sound

Jul 26, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #32,374 of 102,626
Congratulations on finding SYNERGY in your portable setup!  

Yeah and I unfortunately gave in... He's grabbing the HA2 from the back. Time to sell my E12

Jul 26, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #32,375 of 102,626
So I've got about 20 hours in on my TFZ Series 5, and I'm honestly baffled right now. My series 5 is congested, with tubby bass, and an in your face sound that destroys any semblance of soundstage or air.

My TFZ series 3 on the other hand has a wide soundstage, fantastic clarity, and while there's tight & fast bass, at no point does it overpower the sound.

From everything I've been told, this is the exact opposite of what I was supposed to be hearing. Do I have a defective Series 5? Or will all of that improve by poking the bass port?

Thoughts? 

Jul 26, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #32,376 of 102,626
I haven't heard the Oppo though it was on my list for quite a while, the fact you can use the lightning cable for digital out on it. That's pure win. I may be able to hit their store today in Menlo Park, CA. I've been wanting to go to check out the HA2

HA2 is excellent, especially for digital out from apple devices or android.  Katz's column in recent Innerfidelity.com post said that the pairing of
the HA2 with the PM3 was a TOTL combination for portable use.  good battery life, form factor, leather finish and oppo engineering make it
a top contender for portable use. has bass boost, different output level switch etc.

Blue, tell me bit about the HA-2. I'll look at the forums a bit, but if like to hear your take.

Jul 27, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #32,377 of 102,626
Blue, tell me bit about the HA-2. I'll look at the forums a bit, but if like to hear your take.

After listening to the demo one at Oppo today I bought one on the spot. It looks beautiful and sounds beautiful. I need to sell my Fiio E12 now

Jul 27, 2016 at 4:16 AM Post #32,378 of 102,626
  So I've got about 20 hours in on my TFZ Series 5, and I'm honestly baffled right now. My series 5 is congested, with tubby bass, and an in your face sound that destroys any semblance of soundstage or air.

My TFZ series 3 on the other hand has a wide soundstage, fantastic clarity, and while there's tight & fast bass, at no point does it overpower the sound.

From everything I've been told, this is the exact opposite of what I was supposed to be hearing. Do I have a defective Series 5? Or will all of that improve by poking the bass port?

Thoughts? 

Oh No. I ordered Series 5 yesterday and was told that it is shipped. I must ordered Series 3 instead.... :frowning2:

Jul 27, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #32,379 of 102,626

I have DZ7 and 6 driver Pro UE.

DZ7 is very clear sound.
Sound is high resolution than 6 driver.
also sound separation is better than 6 driver.

But,bass is not full.

6 driver has more bass.

Okay, which UE Pro model has 6 drivers in each ear? Where are your pics?

As for bass in the DZ7, it does have full bass but it's not a basshead earphone. It wasn't meant to be. Also, you have to tip swap for the right ones that bring the bass (and the rest of the frequencies) out the best. 

I just found DZ7 when I browse Aliexpress while I was looking for something else and it just amaze me how many BA & DD they are putting into small housing... I never had an IEM more than 2BA+1DD configuration and not sure if it is really worth to go for more number of BA. It sounds like manufacturers are battling each other by putting more and more BAs into single iem..... 
confused.gif

Jul 27, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #32,380 of 102,626
I just found DZ7 when I browse Aliexpress while I was looking for something else and it just amaze me how many BA & DD they are putting into small housing... I never had an IEM more than 2BA+1DD configuration and not sure if it is really worth to go for more number of BA. It sounds like manufacturers are battling each other by putting more and more BAs into single iem..... :confused:

Like CPUs, more cores are not always better :p

Jul 27, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #32,381 of 102,626

Hey there doctorjazz!
the HA-2 continues the value/performance/intelligent design of Oppo products.  I've had mine since they first came out. see
the column Katz's corner (not me) on innerfidelity.com for detailed review and rave praise. thin, well finished in leather, and
plenty of power to connect from your smartphone via mini usb or from your DAP via 3.5 for extra power, it has a slightly warm
tone and great dynamics, and can power Oppo PM3 headphones to satisfying levels of dynamics and detail without distortion.
form factor makes it slick for sliding in jeans pockets or breast pocket (much more than a Mojo) and Oppo customer service
a pleasure to deal with for order and followup.  highly recommended.

Jul 27, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #32,384 of 102,626
Well I will soon get to hear what the DZ7 sounds like balanced. Trinity is selling a balanced cable (made for the Pono player) than can be used on the DZ7 and many other earphones I have. This ought to be exciting. Oh yeah, with a head-fi code the cable is only about $15 USD shipped out of the U.K. Another bargain!

Jul 27, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #32,385 of 102,626
  Well I will soon get to hear what the DZ7 sounds like balanced. Trinity is selling a balanced cable (made for the Pono player) than can be used on the DZ7 and many other earphones I have. This ought to be exciting. Oh yeah, with a head-fi code the cable is only about $15 USD shipped out of the U.K. Another bargain!

i have one of those, seems well made, but it didn't work on one channel on my MEE Pinnacle P1s.  i wrote Bob Trinity and he sent me a replacement cable within two days.
Trinity has EXCELLENT customer service.  hope the new one works.  let me know how yours works Eric!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back