The discovery thread!
Jul 14, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #32,281 of 100,594
Well, maybe I expressed myself wrong littlebit - what I meant by "intimate heavy in your face instruments" is maybe more modern bands and music which has only few instruments that are heavily compressed and duplicated/over-dubbed into "stereo". Idk, if You understand what I mean though. All that combined with bad mastering is not great match for ATE.

Jul 14, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #32,283 of 100,594
D27 is suppose to be on the way to me now.

And I now see it's the DZ7, not the D27. My mistake fellas. 

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #32,284 of 100,594
@Dsnuts (or anyone): from the deals thread...

Xduoo X3 dap for $92.99US at tomtop

Awesome player, great price (down from $130US).

Only for another 5 hours though!

Edit: I also see the following from the X3 thread, but I haven't tried it:

Hi everyone :)

I make this account to tell everyone interested in xduoo x3 that you can buy it for 51 GBP if you use PAYPAL5 promo code on tomtop page :)

http://www.tomtop.com/video-audio/hdd-player/other-multi-media-video-player/p_135682.html?_ga=1.100095004.327044410.1468451964

It's for 24 hours from now.

Jul 18, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #32,286 of 100,594

Specification:                                                                                                             

NiceHCK DZ7 

2. Type: In-ear  
  3. Brand: NiceHCK Customized
  4. Model:  DZ7
  5. Impedance: 35Ω 
  6. Headphone sensitivity: 115db/mW
  7. Frequency range: 15-45000Hz
  8. Interface: 3.5mm 
  9. Cable Length: 1.2m±5cm
 10.Weight: 20g
 11.Color: Wood Grain
 12.Whether with mic: No
 13.Earphone plug type: Line type
 14.Earphone Interface Type: 2-Pin Interface or MMCX interface
 15.Drive unit: 1DD+ 6
BA​
 drive unit 

It's too early to say too much about the DZ7. I can say, however, that the DZ7 is the earphone that I hoped the QT5 would sound like (but apparently fell short base on quite a few impressions I saw on this page). The theme here (i.e. sound signature) is forward mids with a very nice full instrument separation. The highs aren't harsh at all, but I can't help but think that four BAs are concentrated on various frequency ranges in the mids. Vocals are forward and clear (and of course, not thin at all). Now, the bass needs burn in before I can really say what it's going to do. Oh, it is there, but for those hoping for basshead levels, I'm afraid you might be disappointed. This is a midcentric earphone. The bass is there if the song calls for it, but it doesn't stay on full blast like that infamous "can't be named" three-driver hybrid. Now, what the bass does upon burn in may tell another story. Right now, it's pleasant and verseral. 

I opted for the MMCX connection, the cables that came with it are capable, but I will be switching to an upgraded silver-coated cable. It's a very full and gorgeous sound earphone that plays jazz, rock and soul music with a very slight warmth. Let's just say I was expect worse than what I heard, so I'm pleasantly surprised. Oh, there are two sound tubes that I can see right now. The build is solid and I don't see any QC issues (and I'm looking for them). That's it for the moment. I may give fuller impressions after a good burn-in and much more listening. 

Jul 18, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #32,287 of 100,594
Looks nice, purty!

Jul 18, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #32,288 of 100,594

Specification:                                                                                                             

NiceHCK DZ7 

2. Type: In-ear  
  3. Brand: NiceHCK Customized
  4. Model:  DZ7
  5. Impedance: 35Ω 
  6. Headphone sensitivity: 115db/mW
  7. Frequency range: 15-45000Hz
  8. Interface: 3.5mm 
  9. Cable Length: 1.2m±5cm
 10.Weight: 20g
 11.Color: Wood Grain
 12.Whether with mic: No
 13.Earphone plug type: Line type
 14.Earphone Interface Type: 2-Pin Interface or MMCX interface
 15.Drive unit: 1DD+ 6
BA​
 drive unit 

Nice! Looking forward to your impressions!

Jul 18, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #32,289 of 100,594
Looks nice, purty!

Thanks fellas. I just added some initial impressions to the original post.  If these babies continue to improve (and they sound wonderful now) and hold up with no QC issues, well we will have yet another winner in the bang for the buck category.  A 7-driver hybrid for under $400. Right now I'm highly impressed (as my wallet yells at me and refuses to say my name). 

Jul 18, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #32,290 of 100,594

Looks nice, purty!

Thanks fellas. I just added some initial impressions to the original post.  If these babies continue to improve (and they sound wonderful now) and hold up with no QC issues, well we will have yet another winner in the bang for the buck category.  A 7-driver hybrid for under $400. Right now I'm highly impressed (as my wallet yells at me and refuses to say my name). 

Eric, thank you for the impressions!  Just a suggestion, based on the description of the sound signature and maybe after you're done with a burn in, try to switch to FX850 cable (if you still have those).  I think 850 cable is just a regular ofc, maybe higher purity.  I'm not sure if this DZ7 comes with SPC (silver plated copper) or you are going to switch to another spc cable, but from my experience spc cable sometime brightens things up and you also don't know the effect it will have on 6BA drivers (due to impedance).  Nothing is certain and there is no magic bullet, but maybe try to see how the sound varies with FX850 ofc cable or Oriveti Primacy spc cable.  I'm just thinking about possible artifact of mid-forward sig with SPC cable.

Jul 18, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #32,291 of 100,594

Eric, thank you for the impressions!  Just a suggestion, based on the description of the sound signature and maybe after you're done with a burn in, try to switch to FX850 cable (if you still have those).  I think 850 cable is just a regular ofc, maybe higher purity.  I'm not sure if this DZ7 comes with SPC (silver plated copper) or you are going to switch to another spc cable, but from my experience spc cable sometime brightens things up and you also don't know the effect it will have on 6BA drivers (due to impedance).  Nothing is certain and there is no magic bullet, but maybe try to see how the sound varies with FX850 ofc cable or Oriveti Primacy spc cable.  I'm just thinking about possible artifact of mid-forward sig with SPC cable.

Will do!!  
beerchug.gif

Jul 18, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #32,292 of 100,594

FX850 cable warms things up even more and thickens the bass. It doesn't, however, impede on the details, and the mids are still magical. The sound overall is more cohesive than with the stock cable. There's some very nice hoodoo going on her. I've been listening through my Mac and a Project Ember tube amp (Schitt Modi DAC). I will try my upgrade spc cable (that's connected to my W60s right now), but I can be very satisfied using the FX850 cable. 

Jul 18, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #32,293 of 100,594

FX850 cable warms things up even more and thickens the bass. It doesn't, however, impede on the details, and the mids are still magical. The sound overall is more cohesive than with the stock cable. There's some very nice hoodoo going on her. I've been listening through my Mac and a Project Ember tube amp (Schitt Modi DAC). I will try my upgrade spc cable (that's connected to my W60s right now), but I can be very satisfied using the FX850 cable. 

Thanks for the serial impressions ericp10!  hope it keeps improving with burn in. keep us posted!

Jul 18, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #32,294 of 100,594
Got the Simgot EN700 in today. Great IEM. Sounds like the lovechild sequel of the old Ostry KC06 and KC06a. More bass than the 06 but less than the 06a. Mid centric. Lots of detail, great separation, soundstage. The fact they look a bit like mini HE-1000s don't hurt either. Impressed so far.

Jul 19, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #32,295 of 100,594
cool.gif
Very Nice those D27. I'd like to hear them against the Mighty Shockwave III.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back