The discovery thread!
May 6, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #31,816 of 100,649
cool.gif
Penguin, I should know better than to read your posts by now. I checked out the "Dolphins" and the Technology behind their design is pretty awesome, if it's actually true. I will know in a couple weeks, I just ordered a pair in Black....

Dammit.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

May 6, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #31,817 of 100,649

cool.gif
Penguin, I should know better than to read your posts by now. I checked out the "Dolphins" and the Technology behind their design is pretty awesome, if it's actually true. I will know in a couple weeks, I just ordered a pair in Black....

Dammit.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

You are very welcome.  
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

I do what I can.

Actually, now I am interested in how they sound.  Looking forward to hearing your impressions.

May 6, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #31,818 of 100,649
Praying for all of my Canadian brothers and sisters in music. I hope none of you are too close to that massive fire, or it hasn't effected your livelihood too much. Waynes World report in to us when you can, please? 
thanks Eric, I live in Alberta but am in Calgary so am fortunate to not be caught up in the fires. Its impacting the company I work for though as we have operations in and around the affected area. Fortunately nobody has been hurt badly or killed. That fire is insane and is going to affect Alberta for many years as it impacts the Oil sands projects immensely. But 80+ thousand people had to be evacuated and an entire city in ruins, the devastation is massive to say the least.

May 6, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #31,819 of 100,649
thanks Eric, I live in Alberta but am in Calgary so am fortunate to not be caught up in the fires. Its impacting the company I work for though as we have operations in and around the affected area. Fortunately nobody has been hurt badly or killed. That fire is insane and is going to affect Alberta for many years as it impacts the Oil sands projects immensely. But 80+ thousand people had to be evacuated and an entire city in ruins, the devastation is massive to say the least.

Wow dweaver! I knew it was bad but I didn't know the severity. Thanks for the information and I'm glad you and your loved ones are okay. Stay safe!

May 6, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #31,820 of 100,649
So my Massdrop/Fostex TH-X00 came in this morning. I've only had minutes to listen to it, so really not much to say on it yet until I give some massive burn-in. It's is a gorgeous headphone and comfortable. I guess my biggest concern, however, has been alleviated (unless there's much change after burn-in. I am not a fan of really recessed mids (hated the Denon D2000 for that reason). From many of the reviews, I was expecting that type of sound and was planning to sell these right away. Well, I'm glad that I don't hear recessed mids in these headphones like that. Other than that, I'll say more after the burn-in process. By the way, my favorite headphone is the HE-560, but I love different sound signatures. We're at a good start with the TH-X00.

May 8, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #31,821 of 100,649
I have an uncanny knack for buying headphones like that. Mids are so unpopular, but at least they get to spend all their time in recess.

May 8, 2016 at 6:16 AM Post #31,822 of 100,649
My take on the SHOZY Zero for those who might be interested:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/shozy-zero-iem/reviews/15955

May 8, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #31,823 of 100,649
So my Massdrop/Fostex TH-X00 came in this morning. I've only had minutes to listen to it, so really not much to say on it yet until I give some massive burn-in. It's is a gorgeous headphone and comfortable. I guess my biggest concern, however, has been alleviated (unless there's much change after burn-in. I am not a fan of really recessed mids (hated the Denon D2000 for that reason). From many of the reviews, I was expecting that type of sound and was planning to sell these right away. Well, I'm glad that I don't hear recessed mids in these headphones like that. Other than that, I'll say more after the burn-in process. By the way, my favorite headphone is the HE-560, but I love different sound signatures. We're at a good start with the TH-X00.

Did you get the original or Purple hearts? It's looking like the X00 will be my next audio purchase so I'm excited to hear all of your impressions!

May 8, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #31,824 of 100,649
Wow, didn't expect to make this discovery!!!  Went with my daughter to Barnes & Noble yesterday to buy some books, and right in the middle of B&N (for people outside of US, this is a popular book store) found THIS!!!!!!!
eek.gif

We are talking about freshly pressed vinyls (old and new hits, for crying out loud they had the latest Justin Bieber album on vinyl) and AT turntables!!!

May 8, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #31,825 of 100,649
Wow, didn't expect to make this discovery!!!  Went with my daughter to Barnes & Noble yesterday to buy some books, and right in the middle of B&N (for people outside of US, this is a popular book store) found THIS!!!!!!! :eek:

We are talking about freshly pressed vinyls (old and new hits, for crying out loud they had the latest Justin Bieber album on vinyl) and AT turntables!!!

Missed the vinyl comeback? I've been buying vinyl at B and N for quite a while now, and on Amazon, and on many other sites. (even treddy clothing stores like Urban Outfitters)

May 8, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #31,826 of 100,649
Did you get the original or Purple hearts? It's looking like the X00 will be my next audio purchase so I'm excited to hear all of your impressions!

Original and with 50 hours on them pretty impressive. I agree with Dsnuts that these have the headphone flavor of the JVC FX-850 woodie iems.

May 10, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #31,828 of 100,649

Original and with 50 hours on them pretty impressive. I agree with Dsnuts that these have the headphone flavor of the JVC FX-850 woodie iems.

Perfect! That is exactly what I'm looking for! :D

May 10, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #31,830 of 100,649
The one issue with the Z5 is that I don't like using anything else once I go back to them! DS mentioned them and I pulled my pair off the shelf along with my Pono because I had been so busy testing the Focal Sphear, AKG N20, KEF M100 etc. No sooner have I started to listen to the Z5 I just don't want to test or listen to anything else. The first couple of songs with a strong bass presence fltl a bit heavy at the start but my brain quickly settled back into the groove and everything else just sort of pales in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back