The discovery thread!
May 4, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #31,801 of 100,659
I have the Zen 2.0, but been busy with all sorts of other side projects (audio and life), haven't really spent much time with them. I'll report back when I get a chance to try them with the Pono in Balanced configuration.

May 4, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #31,802 of 100,659
I am now well over $1300 down the rabbit hole with my Z5 obsession between the Pono, the 128GB SD card, the upgrade cable, etc. Certainly not for the faint of heart... LOL If I add in my Z7 into the mix I am up to two grand... sigh

May 4, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #31,803 of 100,659

Sigh...

$130 later I caved and ordered the Sony high end balanced cable...

Just couldn't resist. I love the Z5 but if the upgrade cable tightens the bass ever so slightly and adds a smidge more brightness it will make them sound even better.

Have to say, my testing of the AKG N20 and Focal Sphear has reopened my ears to having more treble energy when it's done right.

Once a treble-head, always a treble-head! 
wink_face.gif

Congrats on the cable dweaver! I hope it works out well.

With all this talk about Pono, makes me want to try Zen 2.0 balanced with it
biggrin.gif

Oooh, aaah! Looking forward to your impressions :)

You mean, looking forward to doctorjazz impressions
wink.gif
  I'm up to my neck in reviews, no Pono for me in a near future
biggrin.gif

May 4, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #31,804 of 100,659
Up to my nose (haha, beat you) in reviews and stuff as well, but I'll try for some impressions. I have the V1 and the V2 of the Zen, but only the V2 in balanced configuration.

May 4, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #31,805 of 100,659

wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Who? You??
beerchug.gif

May 4, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #31,806 of 100,659
Up to my nose (haha, beat you) in reviews and stuff as well, but I'll try for some impressions. I have the V1 and the V2 of the Zen, but only the V2 in balanced configuration.

I still love the V1 as well. VE puts out good stuff.

May 4, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #31,808 of 100,659

I still love the V1 as well. VE puts out good stuff.

I got more excited with V1 than I did with V2, but haven't spent a ton of time with them (as DS says, hard to get the time).

May 4, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #31,809 of 100,659

wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Don't know how you do it. Wish I had more time for writing reviews. I barely have time to keep up with all the new stuff let alone write reviews on stuff.

It's no longer a hobby but an addiction
evil_smiley.gif
I also need a therapy to learn how to say "no" to review requests lol!!!  Trust me, if it wouldn't be for me writing reviews which do slow me down, I would be a certified headphone and audio gear hoarder.  Was negotiating with my wife the other day which part of the basement is for kids to play, and which one is for daddy to "play" and to store audio gear lol!!!

May 4, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #31,810 of 100,659

You mean, looking forward to doctorjazz impressions :wink:   I'm up to my neck in reviews, no Pono for me in a near future :D

Don't know how you do it. Wish I had more time for writing reviews. I barely have time to keep up with all the new stuff let alone write reviews on stuff.

It's no longer a hobby but an addiction :evil: I also need a therapy to learn how to say "no" to review requests lol!!!  Trust me, if it wouldn't be for me writing reviews which do slow me down, I would be a certified headphone and audio gear hoarder.  Was negotiating with my wife the other day which part of the basement is for kids to play, and which one is for daddy to "play" and to store audio gear lol!!!

Ye old "man cave", huh? Sounds good, but, why surrender any to the kids...

May 6, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #31,815 of 100,659
Praying for all of my Canadian brothers and sisters in music. I hope none of you are too close to that massive fire, or it hasn't effected your livelihood too much. Waynes World report in to us when you can, please? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back