The discovery thread!
Dec 31, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #31,441 of 106,704
So, Wayne, when will you be getting the V-moda Zn???
wink_face.gif
Obviously you want to try them.

Dec 31, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #31,442 of 106,704
Pssst, I wanna try the zN too :)

But right now I am prepping a review of these.

They look a bit dorky but holy crap do they sound good. To bad they are so darned expensive. I will have to save up for at least a year if I want to buy a pair. But I am going to enjoy them for the next week while I write my review.

Dec 31, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #31,443 of 106,704
Missed out on the HEX tour, have the HE-1000, was really wanting to compare them. Oh well...
(if they're close to the HEK, worth saving up those pennies, skipping a few meals, avoiding Starbucks, etc).

Dec 31, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #31,444 of 106,704
They are better than the best features of my Z5 and Z7 combined with satifying but not as heavy a bass, better midrange, better treble, better imaging, bigger sound stage. All while being driven by nothing but my LG G4 phone...

If I had $1800 to spend and was new to this hobby, this headphone would be good enough to satisfy all my needs with out having to buy special amps, and other gear.

Now don't get me wrong, these are an open headphone so will not replace the need for a good IEM or portable closed headphone. But for a full-size open headphone they are damned good and considering you don't need special amps to drive them it pretty much justifies part of their cost.

Jan 2, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #31,445 of 106,704
Jan 2, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #31,446 of 106,704
Sorry for spamming this thread but these are indeed a great discovery:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/****-ue/reviews/14924

Jan 5, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #31,448 of 106,704
I'll join in on the review spam as soon as I open my amazing looking OnePlus Icons.

Please stand by...

Jan 5, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #31,450 of 106,704
Jan 6, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #31,453 of 106,704
I will be waiting eagerly...:popcorn:

:D Me Too. 28 Minutes ago. JEEZ..... It would only take me 2. Like or Don't like.

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

Well guess what I'm listening to guys...

Cant say too much atm but the first impressions are pretty good! The sound is really big and detailed. Vocals sound full of body and without any SSS or sibilance. Same with treble it's very nicely extended but not over the top, and with no peaks! Yay!

Bass is plenty but not too boomy, my guess is that it will settle with burn in and get even tighter. So far I'm in love, these Icons produce some amazing synergy and energy with Trance music!

Jan 7, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #31,454 of 106,704
Well guess what I'm listening to guys...

Cant say too much atm but the first impressions are pretty good! The sound is really big and detailed. Vocals sound full of body and without any SSS or sibilance. Same with treble it's very nicely extended but not over the top, and with no peaks! Yay!

Bass is plenty but not too boomy, my guess is that it will settle with burn in and get even tighter. So far I'm in love, these Icons produce some amazing synergy and energy with Trance music!

cool.gif
Thanx Lifted. NOW I'm getting RE-excited about them. Especially the Trance Part. How are the eartips or do you feel the need to roll some?

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Jan 7, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #31,455 of 106,704
  We already know most of the "new" AT stuff as far as CES but they did mention this...

"At CES 2016, Audio-Technica will be debuting some of its most significant new products ever, all embodying our CES 2016 theme: "A Higher Level of Listening." New product highlights include the following:
An exciting new turntable and Hi-Res Audio compliant SonicPro® headphones will make their debut. Be sure to come see these products including a new version of the ATH-MSR7 headphones, which won the Reviewed.com/USA TODAY 2015 Best Headphones of the Year award and other major awards."

We know the new CKS' and the ES' and the full size "Z" cans but a new version of the MSR7?? They already come with a mic cable so not an "iS" version. LTD perhaps or a on-ear version maybe?? Anyone find any more. I'm a bit sick and not looking too hard :)

edit: Starting to think it may just be the LTD for NA/US market
triportsad.gif

So, I got the answer to my question. We will have a NC version of the MSR7 for $50 more for noise cancelling.

Buuut, we will also have this on-ear with drivers based off the 45mm drivers from the MSR...http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/7977219adbffc308/index.html

Enter the little 165 gram and $149 ATH-SR5...
smile.gif

1. Large 45 mm drivers for outstanding Hi-Res Audio reproduction
  2. Lightweight headphones with flexible swivel design
  3. Soft, memory foam earpads and easily adjustable headband slider provide a comfortable on-ear fit
  4. 1.2 m (3.9') detachable cable with mic/controls for use with smartphones and other portable devices
  5. Includes carrying pouch
  6. Available in black (ATH-SR5BK), white (ATH-SR5WH) and navy/brown (ATH-SR5NBW)

With powerful 45 mm high-resolution audio drivers (5 – 40,000 Hz frequency range), the ATH-SR5 On-Ear Headphones let you hear your music like never before, with all its strength and detail, while also giving you the comfort and convenience of a lightweight, portable design.

The ATH-SR5 comes with a detachable 1.2 m (3.9') smartphone cable with in-line mic and controls to make it easy to answer calls and handle playback (play, pause, fast-forward, reverse, next/previous track) of music and video on compatible smartphones and other portable devices. The flexible swivel design and soft memory foam earpads and headband allow these lightweight headphones to fit comfortably and securely on the ears for many hours of listening enjoyment.

Also a $199 BT version of the SR5 will be available. Both are set for debut in April.

Put me down for a Navy/Brown please!! Happy new year indeed :)

^(credit to AT US for the nice images)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back