The discovery thread!
Dec 30, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #31,429 of 106,705
This used to be THE thread, but all of the old timers are either:

A)  Broke :D
B)  Content with all of their amazing gear (TOTL) that they have no need to hunt for discoveries any longer :smile_phones:

Re A: yup!

Re B: I don't have totl stuff, but the vmoda crossfade m100's and yamaha mt-220's and VE earbuds are thankfully satiating me quite well :)

Dec 30, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #31,430 of 106,705

Re B: I don't have totl stuff, but the vmoda crossfade m100's and yamaha mt-220's and VE earbuds are thankfully satiating me quite well :)

Or an old timer, who is just getting back into this spectrum...sigh...love seeing all the new items, even if I am "satisfied" with my IEM's...thank you for this thread!

Dec 30, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #31,431 of 106,705
The idea of always finding something new and exciting that punches above the previous find is the reason for the discoveries. I read everyones reviews and what is new constantly and get a good idea of which phones are worth the change.

Discoveries will always be a part of the enthusiast. It is the very nature of the fan of music. Can we get to a perfect sound as possible for our tastes with the least amount of money spent? Can this be achievable? We can always buy one or two and find out. 

For the most part I think every year, manufacturers are getting smarter and better with their tuning and what they have to offer. Will we see a TOTL type sound in an earphone that cost $10? Who knows but it is damn fun finding out.

Dec 30, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #31,432 of 106,705

For the most part I think every year, manufacturers are getting smarter and better with their tuning and what they have to offer. Will we see a TOTL type sound in an earphone that cost $10? Who knows but it is damn fun finding out.

Yes, but it only cost $5  
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/783669/venture-electronics-ve-monk-a-5-earbud-that-seriously-deserves-a-place-here

Happy new year Ds!

Dec 30, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #31,433 of 106,705
The idea of always finding something new and exciting that punches above the previous find is the reason for the discoveries. I read everyones reviews and what is new constantly and get a good idea of which phones are worth the change.

Discoveries will always be a part of the enthusiast. It is the very nature of the fan of music. Can we get to a perfect sound as possible for our tastes with the least amount of money spent? Can this be achievable? We can always buy one or two and find out. 

I would wholeheartedly agree! I have my latest two IEM's because of this list, but I am constantly looking to see who likes what. That to me is a major benefit of this list. It's like someone finds a new candy in a new shop and just has to share it! My ears are happy again.

Dec 30, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #31,434 of 106,705

Yes, but it only cost $5  
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/783669/venture-electronics-ve-monk-a-5-earbud-that-seriously-deserves-a-place-here

Happy new year Ds!

or try MEEaudio (former Meelectronics) RX18 for $6.49 (on Amazon) - perfectly executed V-shaped tuning!  Not the best built quality, though they offer a full 1-year warranty, but sound is very impressive, with a nicely expanded soundstage.

... actually just posted a full review here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/mee-audio-rx18-comfort-fit-in-ear-headphones-with-enhanced-bass-black/reviews/14905

Dec 31, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #31,435 of 106,705

Are the M100 and MT-220 that good?  My used Fidelio X2 should arrive on Tuesday.

Dec 31, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #31,436 of 106,705
cool.gif
My new years resolution? To get more people to try the Bette (ivalux) 10mm METAL earphone.

I may have mentioed these before once or twice.
biggrin.gif

Yeah they are THAT good.

HAPPY NEW YEARS DISCOVERY THREADERS!!!!!

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Dec 31, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #31,437 of 106,705
I received my ve monk today and man I only paid $8 for this shipped. Incredible bargain. No hype, these just sound great no matter the price. Only negative, I still can't stand buds. Just wow though.

Dec 31, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #31,438 of 106,705
I received my ve monk today and man I only paid $8 for this shipped. Incredible bargain. No hype, these just sound great no matter the price. Only negative, I still can't stand buds. Just wow though.

Awesome Danny! Glad you're liking them (apart from the bud-factor). Happy new year! :)

Dec 31, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #31,440 of 106,705

Are the M100 and MT-220 that good?  My used Fidelio X2 should arrive on Tuesday.

They are to me. The M100's are one of the most popular DJ'ing headphones in the world, and I can understand why. The bass in these suckers is simply incredible. EDM music has never sounded better to me. They are also very stylish looking (and don't stick out from the side of the head), they isolate quite well, and are very comfortable (after slight tweak). I've long been looking for headphones to wear to the gym or out and about, and these are the ones for me. I lucked out (thanks dweaver) and got this Phantom Chrome model from the microsoft store for $150CN (approx $110US):

The yamaha mt-220's are also amazing. Very detailed, balanced, natural sounding yet lively. Awesome bass as well. They are also very comfortable and look great to me. If they can be found for less than $200US, it's a great deal:

Having said this, your X2's should be rather awesome as well, so enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back