The discovery thread!
Nov 6, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #31,051 of 103,126

cool.gif
Grayson Let me suggest the Puro IEM500. It is about the most Balanced, Natural sounding earphone I have heard. Be forewarned it has a Flat Audiophile type EQ and at around 34 Ohm it is quite hard to drive, (think Havi B3). It lists for around $200 USD but is available for $50 at some sites.

No Brainer @ $50, and still worth every Penny of List price.

JMHO

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

I've been avoiding the Puro IEM500 and Soundmagic E80 because, based on impressions, I think they'll be bass light for me, since my favorite genre is pop.

I didn't know they were that hard to drive either; I don't use an amp, so it's definitely out now :)

Nov 6, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #31,052 of 103,126
I've been avoiding the Puro IEM500 and Soundmagic E80 because, based on impressions, I think they'll be bass light for me, since my favorite genre is pop.

I didn't know they were that hard to drive either; I don't use an amp, so it's definitely out now :)
To be honest, I don't find my e80 to be bass light whatsoever. nmatheis care to share your thoughts on them?

Nov 6, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #31,053 of 103,126

cool.gif
Nope the Puros are NOT Bass light. It's there, just not Forward until it's needed. I listen to trance with them. The BEST thing is: they can Take EQing, Bass Boosts and LOTS of power without coming Unglued (unlike the Havis or Flare R2s). Crystal Clear at HUGE Volumes. If that is what you want.

I would suggest the Bette 10mm Hybrid as they are fairly bright, (to my tastes). But as I listen to them (increasing Hours) the Bass is still filling in and they MAY be a tad too Bassy for you, even though I consider these a more Audiophile oriented 'phone as well.

It's really a Hard call on appropriate EQ.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Nov 6, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #31,054 of 103,126
To be honest, I don't find my e80 to be bass light whatsoever. @nmatheis care to share your thoughts on them?

When I asked DannyBai about them, he said "I think the GT100 might be the safest bet.  E80 might be bass light, A73 can be a little bright.  Tenore is the smoothest and easiest to listen to and the GT100 comes closet to the Tenore signature."

Can't wait to receive the LZ-A2!

Nov 6, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #31,055 of 103,126

cool.gif
Nope the Puros are NOT Bass light. It's there, just not Forward until it's needed. I listen to trance with them. The BEST thing is: they can Take EQing, Bass Boosts and LOTS of power without coming Unglued (unlike the Havis or Flare R2s). Crystal Clear at HUGE Volumes. If that is what you want.

I would suggest the Bette 10mm Hybrid as they are fairly bright, (to my tastes). But as I listen to them (increasing Hours) the Bass is still filling in and they MAY be a tad too Bassy for you, even though I consider these a more Audiophile oriented 'phone as well.

It's really a Hard call on appropriate EQ.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

You (or someone) should start a dedicated thread on the Puro :)

Nov 6, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #31,057 of 103,126

cool.gif
Nah. I'm done Hyping phones. There are too many and they are all getting very good. It's enough to say it's an Audiophile EQ and a no brainer for the money.

I carry around 5-6 Pairs of phones because some of them excel at certain Genres where others Don't.

The only thing for certain I CAN tell you is: Stay away from one of my personal favorites, THE ROCK ZIRCON, as the Bass will stunt your growth. (or significant hair loss depending on age)

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Nov 6, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #31,058 of 103,126

I carry around 5-6 Pairs of phones because some of them excel at certain Genres where others Don't.

You know you`re in trouble when... 
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 6, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #31,059 of 103,126
Nov 6, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #31,061 of 103,126

I'm already on the 13th step audiowholics program: wallet devastation, can't eat phones! but perhaps amplifiers could 
be sautéed?  hmmmmm

cool.gif
Onions and Garlic improve everything.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Nov 6, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #31,062 of 103,126
Nov 6, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #31,065 of 103,126

Users who are viewing this thread

Back