The discovery thread!
Aug 16, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #3,001 of 106,594
turn the click wheel in a clockwise direction then start a thread in a relevant section?
confused_face_2.gif

Aug 16, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #3,002 of 106,594
Well if you calling Shahinian Diaspon not a good speaker anyway then there is something wrong with you :)

No I get sound and all, and I've tried with other speakers, and it seems that the volume drops compared to a CD, I am using a 3.5mm Jack too
Is that the problem?

Does anyone know what I need to do or buy?

Ask in here ..... and leave this thread about headphones.

http://www.head-fi.org/f/21/cables-power-tweaks-speakers-accessories-dbt-free-forum

Aug 16, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #3,003 of 106,594
Quote:

If he had to burn those FX40 at 100% volume to do the job, then he better have something that can produce 130% volume should he want them S500 !

The 40mm CNT drivers in the S500 needs a louder volume than what's required for the puny FX40's drivers.

i am not sure if i would do the same thing with my S500 when they arrive, Fx40 are cheap, those S500 are no joke 
biggrin.gif
   (i am always late for the show, things get slow down here but ok, i will wait whatever i need to wait  for my S500).

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #3,005 of 106,594
Quote:
Which one is better built, the FX40 or the FX101?

The 40s has a much better built/ cable is a lot better and comes with a free set of foam tips and a clip, while the 101s only come with a set of rubber tips. But if you are on the fence I would go with the 40s for clarity and HD sound, the 101s if you want crazy bass with an overall good presentation.  Both of them are killer for their price tbh.

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #3,006 of 106,594
Don't get the HA-FX40 if you are at all treble sensitive. Even after extensive burn in, the treble can be painful with some material. Otherwise it is a great earphone with great detail. I hope in future models they have the treble under better control. Perhaps we might need to pay much more for something that sounds like the HA-FX40 but without the excessive treble. For those who are the least bit treble sensitive, I suggest they get the Panasonic RP-HJE355. It has almost as much detail as the HA-FX40, but is slightly warmer overall, and doesn't have excessive treble.

Aug 16, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #3,007 of 106,594
Quote:
Don't get the HA-FX40 if you are at all treble sensitive. Even after extensive burn in, the treble can be painful with some material. Otherwise it is a great earphone with great detail. I hope in future models they have the treble under better control. Perhaps we might need to pay much more for something that sounds like the HA-FX40 but without the excessive treble. For those who are the least bit treble sensitive, I suggest they get the Panasonic RP-HJE355. It has almost as much detail as the HA-FX40, but is slightly warmer overall, and doesn't have excessive treble.

Yeah, the 40's/ 101's are really revealing when recordings are poorly mastered, it's picks up the sibilance and enhances it. LoL  But when the music is mastered right MY GOD it sounds MARVELOUS!!! These will really let you know if the music quality you are listening to is crap or not ha.  I think jgray91 from the FXD80/70/60 thread states this best from this description of nanotube treble flaws....

"Why am I not aware of this thread earlier? My poor wallet... I'm in! In love with my FXT90, except for it's tendency to highlighting sibilance when a song has it, and the a bit too punchy bass."

Just not the last part ha, cuz the bass is crazy nice on the 40's/ 101's.  That's why I am burning the day lights of of my 1st set of 40s to see if the treble would smooth out like Dsnuts said of his. 

Aug 16, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #3,010 of 106,594
I don't hear sibilance on my HA-FX40, however with treble rich music it can at times be painful. I would describe myself as being only very mildly treble sensitive. I would love sound like the HA-FX40 offers, if only the treble could be better controlled.

Aug 16, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #3,011 of 106,594
Quote:
Ya both my pairs of FX101 and FX40 has no harshness or sharpness to them at all. No sibilance.

I concur, my FX40s, FX101 and FR201 all were sibilance out of the box, "ssss" and "tttt" sounds were very obvious and the "click" in between tracks from the Sansa Clip Zip was a little more than I could stand.

But after 2 days of burning, they started getting tamer and now 200+ hrs later, I don't hear any offensive highs at all on any of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back