The discovery thread!
Jul 13, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #25,501 of 106,562
Congrats, DS, you made it!!! Most students find that while clinicals are still demanding, they are much more enjoyable because you're actually doing what you have been preparing for with real situations and real people, not just memorizing out of books. And all that disjointed book knowledge starts to make sense in a real world situation, hope you enjoy the clinicals, and can squeeze out some Discovery time

Jul 13, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #25,502 of 106,562
Ideally I should be able to do so as I will not have to attack my books as soon as I get back from work and such. I should be studying now actually for a final next week. A big one. Yet I am listening to Simon and Garfunkel using my DX90 and S5. Lol. Gotta hit the books..

Jul 13, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #25,504 of 106,562
Thanks a lot fellas.. I hope to get a decent job is the ultimate goal. Once the funds start to flow. I might get something something for myself. We will see. But like I said before I am so happy with my stuff I got now.. I don't know just how much of an upgrade higher end stuff will actually be. But I suppose we will cross that path once we get there. 

Jul 13, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #25,505 of 106,562
Oh by the way I don't know how many of you guys are getting stuff from Light Harmonics but is it me or does that whole add a perk campaign just turn you off. Lol,, Just get me my DAP already!!!!!Thank goodness that campaign is going to be done..

Jul 13, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #25,506 of 106,562
Congrats Dsnuts.

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #25,508 of 106,562
Thanks a lot fellas.. I hope to get a decent job is the ultimate goal. Once the funds start to flow. I might get something something for myself. We will see. But like I said before I am so happy with my stuff I got now.. I don't know just how much of an upgrade higher end stuff will actually be. But I suppose we will cross that path once we get there. 

Heard that one before, LOL...glad you are in a good place with the gear, help you get through the home stretch of school.

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #25,509 of 106,562
yes, looking forward to your S5 report DS
btw, im geeking OUT.  i think their perk campaign is
deceitful and manipulative.  i wont have any part of them
by the way everyone, the new CSNY1974 blue ray set
is fantastic audio and video. the blue ray music cd is 192/24 and
sounds fantastic on a blue ray audio player. the dvd is visually fuzzy
but the sound is amazing!  highly recommended set in blue ray.

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #25,510 of 106,562

Congratulations on your education being partially completed. a long road, lot of work.  now enjoy using what you learned!!
Glad you feel like you can pause in the AUDIO QUEST....I have similar tastes in sound signature as you DS and
always found your evaluations pointing me i the right direction...now you can enjoy the MUSIC even more. get the
new blu ray edition of CSNY1974 as a present to your self (and a blue ray if dont have one) amazing audio quality
way better than cd visuals terrible but the sq is off the hook, really captures the musicality and harmonies of mr. s crosby still and nash.
almost made me cry, so gorgeous and poingant, but i grew up through that era,and they nailed the spirit of the times
in their music, in fact created it. this set is really a discovery...

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #25,511 of 106,562
Thanks Dr Blue will look for that blueray indeed.. I have been discovering some oldies but goodies as of late as well. Including this blast from the past. Way past my time but I have a new love for Frank Sinatra out of my ICAN..It is amazing to me how good these older recordings are even out doing a lot of the modern recordings..Listen to that immense stage and space in the recording itself. Best of Frank is a must own as far as I am concerned.

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:42 AM Post #25,513 of 106,562
Wow Ds. Time is really quick... I can still remember the time you decided to go back to school. Congrats mate!

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #25,514 of 106,562
Oh by the way I don't know how many of you guys are getting stuff from Light Harmonics but is it me or does that whole add a perk campaign just turn you off. Lol,, Just get me my DAP already!!!!!Thank goodness that campaign is going to be done..

yes, looking forward to your S5 report DS
btw, im geeking OUT.  i think their perk campaign is
deceitful and manipulative.  i wont have any part of them
by the way everyone, the new CSNY1974 blue ray set
is fantastic audio and video. the blue ray music cd is 192/24 and
sounds fantastic on a blue ray audio player. the dvd is visually fuzzy
but the sound is amazing!  highly recommended set in blue ray.

Agreed. I was alright with it at first but now I'm just tired of it. They really shouldn't be using Kickstarter/IGG to fund ALL of their projects. If you're a company that can develop and sell equipment like the DaVinci w/o the crowdfunding, cut the BS and do it properly instead of using your fan base as capitol. They get all the benefits of money, but without the pressure of dealing with loans so there's no incentive to really complete a project. Not saying this is what they're doing but this is a possible scenario, Company A offers up an awesome idea, takes in $500 grand. Makes themselves a CEO of a LLC company and pay themselves a CEO salary. Stall until money is in their own account via self-payment, bankrupt the company. On the hook for bad PR and runs away with 500 grand. Funding a Kickstarter means you're donating money. You are funding a company, not buying a product. I wish people would stop treating it as such.

Phew, sorry about the rant. Had to get that off my chest, it's been bothering me.

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #25,515 of 106,562
Singolo price dropped to 7970 Yen.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/ZERO-AUDIO-%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3%E3%83%8A%E3%83%BC%E3%82%A4%E3%83%A4%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9%E3%83%86%E3%83%AC%E3%82%AA%E3%83%98%E3%83%83%E3%83%89%E3%83%9B%E3%83%B3-%E3%82%B7%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B4%E3%83%AD-ZH-BX510-CS/dp/B00GPB58GO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back