The discovery thread!
Jul 7, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #25,487 of 106,565
  We have a new IEM in the uner $100 category that's getting great reviews so far.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/725340/brainwavz-s5-iem-headphones-review

Looks like a winner.

My discovery recently is the Vivo XE800. It is a Vsonic made IEM for Vivo, and has the same driver as the GR07BE/Classic. Got it with my phone for $63 extra, which is a great price for a GR07BE IEM.

The teardrop shape and moveable nozzle make it fit like a glove in my ear. Best fit of any IEM yet, and the SQ is excellent.

http://www.vivo.com.cn/vivo/xe800/

Jul 7, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #25,488 of 106,565
  Looks like a winner.

My discovery recently is the Vivo XE800. It is a Vsonic made IEM for Vivo, and has the same driver as the GR07BE/Classic. Got it with my phone for $63 extra, which is a great price for a GR07BE IEM.

The teardrop shape and moveable nozzle make it fit like a glove in my ear. Best fit of any IEM yet, and the SQ is excellent.

It looks more like Vsonic VSD1 to me 
wink.gif

Jul 7, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #25,489 of 106,565
  Looks like a winner.

Oh man those look nice.  Do you just order them from that site?  Does it sound like the Vsonics?

Jul 7, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #25,490 of 106,565
  Oh man those look nice.  Do you just order them from that site?  Does it sound like the Vsonics?

Taobao and a few other sites like liaow.com have them.

They sound like a hybrid of the BE and classic. Nice bass with neutral mids and highs. It pairs beautifully with the Xplay 3S (which uses the ESS9018KM2 and OPA2604).

Jul 8, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #25,492 of 106,565
Jul 8, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #25,495 of 106,565
To my ears, Singolo has much less bass quantity and punch than Tenore (not surprising comparing BA to Dynamic), so the sound across the spectrum is not balanced compared to the treble.  It's like bass from a 4" speaker rather than a 10" subwoofer.

Mids are really good on the Singolo though, which is one of the BA strengths.

Jul 8, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #25,496 of 106,565
Review of the BASSAWARE bass augmentation holster vibration transducer system is now up!
see Portable
drop_1_front-right-view_medium.jpg
 Headphones forum:
drop_1_right-pocket_medium.jpg
drop_1_back-left-view_medium.jpg

http://www.head-fi.org/t/726016/bassaware-a-new-bass-augmentation-device-for-headphones-that-delivers-true-visceral-response

Jul 12, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #25,497 of 106,565
Back in January I bought and commented on the AKG X323XS IEM and realized today I never bothered to do a review of the IEM. After listening to them as a reference point for another review I realized they really do deserve a review and a following as they offer a hell of a lot of bang for the buck. The review is short at the moment (something I may rectify later) but here you go.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/akg-x323xs/reviews/11283

Jul 13, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #25,498 of 106,565
Well guys. I write this as I am about to go into my last week of school. I have one more semester left but it is all clinicals/ basically internship. But the days and nights of constant reading memorization and lack of sleep will soon be over for me.

It is a strange thought that I will be done with this part of schooling..During my time through school I have discovered the best sounding gears for me. I think it had a lot to do with the fact that I needed great sounding stuff to offset the toil I was going through.( My excuse) I can attest anything dealing with medical learning is a chore I do not wish to do over again. My phones and gears have taken me through the roughest part of schooling and that my friends have made it easier for me to escape just a little by listening to my gears.

I have to thank my fellow headfiers/ friends for encouragement and a resource that let me figure out what it is I like about sound and what preferences I have. I hope to rekindle this thread once I get completely done with my certification after my next semester. In the mean while.. Keep exploring the realm of sound and I hope you guys will find the best sounding gears that are your match..

For me right now. I have been spoiled by my DX90 and my ICAN.. For in ears.. True to my custom tag. It is all about AT and JVC for me.
My FX850, IM03, CKR10, and CKR9. Then I mix it up with the SRH1540 and L2.. It just don't get much better for me. I realized to get better I would have to start dabbing into the TOTL stuff.. Naaaa. I am happy with my stuff.

In other news I managed to get a review sample of the new Brainwavz S5.. It is definitely Brainwavz best sounding earphone to date..I wasn't terribly impressed on open listen. It was good but nothing real exciting. I did exactly what I always do with new stuff. It has been burning in non stop for the last week straight and Lo n behold we got a sound that is worth writing about. I will have a review of the unit up soon. .But for now these will compete with the likes of a RHA750 or Philips S2. These surprisingly sound a bit like the CKR9. Tuned similarly.

Jul 13, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #25,499 of 106,565
Congrats Ds! The gear that has sustained you seems pretty sweet indeed. Looking forward to you getting more active in the thread (and hurting my wallet in the process!) :)

Jul 13, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #25,500 of 106,565
Sometimes I wish I was so rich like Donald Trump style where instead of me describing a sound to you all I would rather just buy out a vendor for all their phones or gears and just send em to my friends. That is what I wish I could do. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back