The discovery thread!
May 24, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #24,811 of 106,565
You finally pulled the trigger! Let us know how it holds up, while initial impressions and all that are fine. Having someone who actually puts a pair of earphones through it's paces is much more practical imo.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yep, will do. I must've easily had over 1000 hours into my Carbo Bassos since I got them (May 2013)

May 24, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #24,812 of 106,565
I wouldn't really call this a discovery (of a certain product) but I find it really enjoyable to put one side of an IEM in my ear, with the speakers on at the same time.
I can't really describe the sound but it just feels so amazing. Like using my FiiO X3, i use the headphone out to my IEM and line out to my A5+  
Has anyone tried this ? :p

I know the soundstaging would be off the original recording, but it allows for a clear, emphasised vocals from the IEM whilst allowing for great bass and surrounding sound stage for instruments from the speakers
Let me know if you guys try this

:9

May 24, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #24,813 of 106,565
  Zero Audio has my trust for sound tuning for one. They are more consistent with sound tuning for each type of sound they are going for more so than even JVC or AT.  Doppios cost $125 right now on Amazon Japan which makes them an amazing deal. Not such a good deal for $250 however.

Yes the Doppios are different.  they are capable of peering into the structure of sound and music in a unique way that communicates with the listener emotionally and
sonically.  at 125$ they are a steal.  plus they sound great  right out of a cell phone or tablet.  

May 24, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #24,814 of 106,565
I don't see how the Doppio's justify their price. They are $250 on Amazon whereas the VC1000 and BA200 go for $150 or less. Who's to say the Doppio are any better? Are they different from other dual TWFK IEMs?

In japan its cheaper, they are purchasing that version

May 24, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #24,815 of 106,565
Price/performance gets more difficult to assess as things get more expensive. A killer $50 headphone is a killer deal, but is a $500 10 times better? Generally, diminishing returns kick in as the gear becomes more expensive (little improvements cost more and more to achieve). The Tenores have nothing to be ashamed of at the price range, but the Doppio is much better, listening to them both back to back this morning, easy call. Are they worth 5 times more green? Are they worth three times more green? Is it easy being green? Questions to ponder...but for now, finished morning work, back home, pick up the crew, go see the Woody Allen show on Broadway (feel like a tourist, maybe we'll go see the Empire State Building or the Statue of Liberty), pull out old headphones later, everything old is new again!!!!

May 24, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #24,816 of 106,565
  I wouldn't really call this a discovery (of a certain product) but I find it really enjoyable to put one side of an IEM in my ear, with the speakers on at the same time.
I can't really describe the sound but it just feels so amazing. Like using my FiiO X3, i use the headphone out to my IEM and line out to my A5+  
Has anyone tried this ? :p

I know the soundstaging would be off the original recording, but it allows for a clear, emphasised vocals from the IEM whilst allowing for great bass and surrounding sound stage for instruments from the speakers
Let me know if you guys try this

:9

People do that with a subwoofer/speakers + open headphones 

May 24, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #24,817 of 106,565
Funny, but I thought the Doppio was awful when I first heard it (search, my initial impressions are on this thread somewhere). I thought our dear bud Dsnuts led me astray, and I told him that. I hear no bass to speak of and the sound was just drab. Now, I believe in burn-in, but not so much for balanced armatures. But Ds told me to be patient and burn them in. He was insistent that the sound would blossom and transform. I can't deny that I doubted Ds this time, but he was right. After a few days of burn-in, the bass (especially sub bass) came from out of nowhere so it seems. Now, the are neutral earphones, but the bass is deep and rich for a dual BA (don't look for basshead level bass like in the 1964 EARS-Q). But as dr.bluenewmexico so eloquently, the Doppio does seem to peel off layers of distortion and let's you see (hear) the music in a very HD clear manner. Before the transformation, I thought no BA dual earphone sounded better than the TDK BA200, but the Doppio blow those away now. I also think the Doppio beats my long time beloved W4 in transparency and clarity. It beats the TF10 and the UE900 (yes, I know these are four-BA earphones). So if the Tenore can come even a little close to the Doppio it will be something special. I'll know early next week (coming in with the CKR-9).

May 24, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #24,818 of 106,565
What am I listening with now? ----------> Pandora Hope VI headphone. Still superb!

May 24, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #24,819 of 106,565
Sounds like it's worth checking out!

May 24, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #24,820 of 106,565
Sounds like it's worth checking out!

I have HOPE that i will sometime soon have  a Heaven V and the Pandora HOPE VI to listen to like EricP  when I'm not
listening to the On-1s and Doppios.!!

I am still impressed by late night Pandora listening on the ATH RE700s.  especially for EDM and rock, they sizzle and beat
and make streamed music sound oh so right....i think they a real ATH discovery for use out of a tablet late at night....

May 24, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #24,821 of 106,565
OK, so what's the best one can do on these Pandora Hope VI ($700-800 + on eBay, I believe)?
If one is in NY, wants to see a fun show, good music, Bullets Over Broadway was fun, lots of pop/jazz from the 20's and 30's(when they overlapped much), silly/funny, fine performers. A non-headphone recommendation.

May 24, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #24,822 of 106,565
  I have HOPE that i will sometime soon have  a Heaven V and the Pandora HOPE VI to listen to like EricP  when I'm not
listening to the On-1s and Doppios.!!

I am still impressed by late night Pandora listening on the ATH RE700s.  especially for EDM and rock, they sizzle and beat
and make streamed music sound oh so right....i think they a real ATH discovery for use out of a tablet late at night....

beerchug.gif

May 24, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #24,823 of 106,565
OK, so what's the best one can do on these Pandora Hope VI ($700-800 + on eBay, I believe)?
If one is in NY, wants to see a fun show, good music, Bullets Over Broadway was fun, lots of pop/jazz from the 20's and 30's(when they overlapped much), silly/funny, fine performers. A non-headphone recommendation.

amazon.jpn will hit you at about $560 USD, then another $40 to ship it via Tenso. Join the party guys!

http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_26?__mk_ja_JP=%E3%82%AB%E3%82%BF%E3%82%AB%E3%83%8A&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=final+audio+design+pandora+hope+vi&sprefix=final+audio+design+pandora%2Caps%2C848

May 24, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #24,825 of 106,565
And if I didn't recently get the uber-expensive Tenores, I would have bought one lol. What's a Zero Audio fan to do? But damnit, I want to hear those PH VI's someday as well! Dammit!!! 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back