The discovery thread!
May 18, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #24,586 of 100,296
  Insomnia earphone listening lesson last night:'

Stayed up a good part of the night listening to Phillips TX2 and comparing them to ATH IM50.
The ATH were great a first after about 50 hrs of burn in, with assertive vocals and good bass.
But treble started being annoying and sibilant and had to stop listening after a couple of hours
and put them back on burn in bench.  However could clearly hear the ATH sound i adore
coming out and see their potential.  seems like a long range winner, esp. at that price point. after
all my CKS1000s took 400 plus hours of burn in to be optimal...crazy...i just saw one of the FOD
earphones, the Ostry KC06 were marketing with the slogan of "no burn in necessary".  wondering
how they are doing that and if it really is true...

They probably burned them in already before releasing them. 
biggrin.gif
 You never know...

May 18, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #24,587 of 100,296
YES it would be nice if headphone manufacturers had some more respect for their consumers and
burned in their phones before shipping....but thats unlikely to happen.  even high end audio
designer manufacturers like Zu audio recommend burning in their speakers, interconnects, etc
for 400 hours or more for fully tuned sound....it would be nice if there could be
a PREBURNED (PB) symbol on audio products if they were burned in before shipped, or not...
ps  of course sometimes used equipment has the advantaged of being burned in already!

May 18, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #24,590 of 100,296
Woot, the Doc has the same birthday as me! :beerchug: Happy Birthday to both of us!

Cool, man, have a GREAT BIRTHDAY!!!
dragged 3/4 of my immediate family to hear the Gil Evans Project last night, Jazz Standard (worth going to just for the food), drag them to a jazz brunch in Manhattan this afternoon, by the time it's all done, probably have spent enough to get high end phones, but having a blast, must say, and something about live shows-a big band, for heaven's sake-that is special, can't duplicate a good night on any gear imo.

:beerchug:

I'll have an extra beer (?bloody mary?) in your honor :)
Gotta go walk the dog, later.

AND THANKS TO YOU ALL FOR THE GOOD WISHES! ALWAYS FUN HERE AT HEAD-FI, GREAT CREW HERE!!!

May 18, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #24,593 of 100,296
Happy Birthday!!!

May 18, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #24,595 of 100,296
May 18, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #24,599 of 100,296
Try this on your FX850:  "Weight of Love - The Black Keys"  

Absolute masterpiece from the black keys. Youtube only has the low quality version and it doesn't compliment the song, but if you insist; Here's the link

I didn't bring any IEMs, so I'm listening to them trough my Creative Aurvana Live, which caresses the song like only the touch of a new love in spring can. 

May 18, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #24,600 of 100,296
  Try this on your FX850:  "Weight of Love - The Black Keys"  

Absolute masterpiece from the black keys. Youtube only has the low quality version and it doesn't compliment the song, but if you insist; Here's the link

I didn't bring any IEMs, so I'm listening to them trough my Creative Aurvana Live, which caresses the song like only the touch of a new love in spring can. 

beerchug.gif

Listening to song (album actually) now through my Schitt Vali and Modi. Excellent suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back