The discovery thread!
Feb 3, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #21,076 of 106,574
I managed to fit the oval ST750 pad's onto the TH-7BB therefore, I think, I can conclude that I could fit the HPAEC840 & C940 pads onto the set. :)

Feb 3, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #21,078 of 106,574
I'm wondering whether I should use Tenso shipping or order from cdjapan, which is better? I have used Tenso once and got charged £23 in customs! Is there any way I can avoid those charges?

Does Tenso have the option like Rinkya where it allows you to enter your own declared value? Most shipments i get from Rinkya are all declared at 1800 yen
ph34r.gif

You will probably waive any insurance or security on shipping, but it saves the big ones$$$

I doubt CDJapan would have that option might be against their business legalities/ terms

Feb 3, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #21,079 of 106,574
UPDATE: I'm still in the process of getting the Havi B3 either replaced or exchanged with the Astrotec AX35. Just waiting for the seller's final decision... kinda delayed most likely because of Chinese New year.

Guys, I just got to insert this initial impression for the R3. It may have not have gotten much attention probably because it can be a hassle due to fit issues but to tell you the truth, all the fiddling I've gone through just to make it work for me has been worth the time and hassle.

I've been listening to Brainwavz R3 as part of the Dual Dynamic Review and Comparison with the KEF M200. I gotta say... this is surprisingly AWESOME! 
eek.gif
 I can probably say that this has got to be up there with the best I've heard when it comes to PRAT! Reminds me so much of my enjoyment with the 1Plus2 original version. Yes folks, it's no typo! Pace, Rhythm, and Timing is just as enjoyable as the 1Plus2! I can't stop listening to the R3 because it's just so much fun. 

So expect the Dual Dynamic Comparison write-up very soon... this is quite an interesting match up! 
wink_face.gif

Feb 3, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #21,081 of 106,574
  Discovery Alert
Apparently there are a pair of unknown headphones being sold in a two pack, here is the link and the name

Nady QH560 Deluxe Studio Headphones 

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid/?icid=200510

P.s. Thanks to Deal Discussion thread

The LCD 1 was protoyped in these I believe.

Feb 3, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #21,082 of 106,574

http://eu.akg.com/akg-product-detail_eu/k323xs-a-black.html

Here is a new IEM from AKG, it is a tiny little thing with a 5.8mm driver almost rivaling the Aurisonic Rocket for size. Using the stock tips this goes unbelievably deep into the ear disappearing, using Sony hybrids I use large tips and they are note quite as deep in ear.

Sonically they are a bit V shaped but still have very good mids. They have a very nice sound stage which is all the more impressive given their size. I want to let them burn in for a couple of days before I give a final verdict on their signature though. For the $50 price tag I think they are pretty darn sweet though. I think I will keep them and do a comparison against my Aurisonic Rocket's then they come in in May/June. I expect the Rockets will slay them build wise and probably sonically but for $50 these are punching way above their price tag in my opinion so I might be surprised.

I bought these because of how much I love my K545 headphones. These are not quite as good as the K545 but do have some similarities already so will be interested to see what happens with some burnin.

Feb 3, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #21,083 of 106,574
Did you get the AKG iems locally ? ( Canada here also )

Feb 3, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #21,084 of 106,574
  ^ Looks like those milk machines got some fancy tricks up dem tubes. 
popcorn.gif

Yes meng! They definitely have something within aside from the eccentric looks. If the KEF M200's were made to look nice for executives in suits, the BrainwavZ R3's were made to look rugged for tradies like plumbers and engineers. They should've given the R3's to Jessie Pinkman to wear while cooking meth and he'd look so much cooler than how he was in Bbad.

Feb 3, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #21,085 of 106,574
Did you get the AKG iems locally ? ( Canada here also )
I bought them online from a Canadian seller called Gibby's Electronics. Will post some pics of them beside some other IEM's tomorrow to give their size more perspective.

Feb 3, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #21,086 of 106,574
dweaver, you should be paying homage to akg by getting the k3003's! C'mom man! :wink:

Feb 3, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #21,087 of 106,574

Yes meng! They definitely have something within aside from the eccentric looks. If the KEF M200's were made to look nice for executives in suits, the BrainwavZ R3's were made to look rugged for tradies like plumbers and engineers. They should've given the R3's to Jessie Pinkman to wear while cooking meth and he'd look so much cooler than how he was in Bbad.

^ LoL yeah i am sure THAT will help them sell like hot cakes.

Cuz there ain't nothin' mo' cool than that. LMAO

Feb 3, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #21,088 of 106,574
d marc0, don't you try and ruin my love affair with the m200's. Don't even think about it lol!

Feb 3, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #21,089 of 106,574
dweaver, you should be paying homage to akg by getting the k3003's! C'mom man! :wink:
sadly those are very far out of my league price wise. If AKG sent me a pair to review I wouldn't say no though! LOL

Feb 4, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #21,090 of 106,574
d marc0, don't you try and ruin my love affair with the m200's. Don't even think about it lol!

You might be surprised with my final verdict... But I know how you love your bass so you'll be fine. But wait... If you still got the c&c bh, I can imagine how the LF switch can work wonders with the R3! Hehehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back