The discovery thread!
Feb 2, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #20,956 of 106,715
I don't feel like the SUI/KURO is similar to the Heaven line at all. Not the VI anyway. I had Soundfreaq's VI on loan about a year ago to A/B against the SUI and it's a totally different animal. The VI is much more mid centric whereas both the SUI and the KURO are slightly U shaped. In any case, the mids on the Ocha phones come across as more recessed compared to the VI. Both the VI and the Ocha phones cast surprisingly large stages (the Ochas dethroning the FAD) and excel at positioning. The VI is more mid bassy than the Ocharaku which is leaner in comparison.

Both the VI and the Ocha phones have really natural sounding timbre, but the VI is more vivid. When I listen to strings and piano on the VI, they sound far richer comparatively compared to the Ocha phones. I've actually never since heard pianos and strings rendered in quite the same fashion as on the VI. When I mention a rich sounding midrange I don't want to imply that it's lacking for detail or overly smooth/lush, cause it's not. It straddles a fine divide between texture and creaminess if that makes sense, that's kinda the magic of the Heaven phones IMO.

As for differences between the SUI/KURO... I had both phones in my possession for some time, and actually rather struggled to spot any meaningful differences between the two. The KURO seems to fill in a bit more of the midrange compared to the SUI, but other than that, I was kinda hard pressed to tell the difference between the two. I think the differences between KAEDE to SUI/KURO is more dramatic than SUI to KURO.

What are you talking about. Can't become a popular Head-Fier if you don't wax poetic about FAD these days. You freaks have no shortages of rabid fans for your niche product within a niche product.

In fact, seems like with all this waxing, people seem to be turned away from the II, which seem to be conventionally promising, and that seems to be a huge loss for the majority non-freak population. Seems to be the case.
A huge turn-off for the rest of us.

You don't come to a FAD party hoping for unrelenting accuracy man, you're there to drop acid, fondle carpet samples and make out with art school rejects; you're there to feel

Feb 2, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #20,958 of 106,715
  As a certain idiot we're all too familiar with would say, HYPED BOI HYPE...D!!@?!!

^ I LOVE YOU TOO!!!
Fff outta' here with dat nonsense!!!

WORLD PEACE WORLD PEACE WORLD PEACE!!!
wink.gif

You'll be disappointed with the amount of detail you hear with instruments and vocals. Just saying. 
evil_smiley.gif

@DannyBai 
To be honest, the re700s would have been better over ear, but it's good that its on ear too.

^ yeppp i already set myself up for disappointment hence why i got those v-moda cables durrr!!!
ksc75smile.gif

They cost me $18 bones but is worth it cuz i can use them on my modded T50PRs as well, sweet!!!

Lulz. Glad people are finally comin around on FAD. Really under rated brand in these parts. I personally feel that there are severely diminishing returns to be had moving beyond something like the Heaven C/S, which typically clock in at the $200-ish mark. I know the V is pretty similar to the VI, which is one of my all time fave phones

ehhh those AKG K3003s ring a bell??? LMAO Oh the irony. You birdies are funny meng.
tongue.gif

Feb 2, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #20,959 of 106,715

That's surprising. I was getting the impression from the pata-hypster that the amount of detail was out of the stratosphere. Maybe I read it wrong?

It is pretty detailed, VERY detailed to be honest. Analytically detailed.

That's why I said he'll be disappointed, 
tongue.gif
 I should improve on my articulation here.

The amount of detail in the martin logans are astounding, no kidding. They're definitely worth $300 due to the sharp, clear, yet still clean detail you hear. Unfortunately...

It's also thin sounding. So he may be disappointed in that regard. 
evil_smiley.gif
 Sorry for being unclear wayne. He will also be disappointed since the clarity will addict him to the point of selling all his headphones.

^ I LOVE YOU TOO!!!

WORLD PEACE WORLD PEACE WORLD PEACE!!!
wink.gif

^ yeppp i already set myself up for disappointment hence why i got those v-moda cables durrr!!!
ksc75smile.gif

They cost me $18 bones but is worth it cuz i can use them on my modded T50PRs as well, sweet!!!

ehhh those AKG K3003s ring a bell??? LMAO Oh the irony. You birdies are funny meng.
tongue.gif

Also, see my post above. It was meant to be a lighthearted joke, since I don' t think people will actually be disappointed with the detail at all. It's just, the detail they deliver, may in fact, make you sell all your other headphones, or you'll probably want to keep the martins. 
wink.gif

Feb 2, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #20,960 of 106,715
You may be right, I may be crazy...(as I've said elsewhere, life should be a musical, and i feel another song coming on)

They definitely had a similar house sound, and I don't think I'm going to tell W4 owners they should burn them and get the 40's immediately. But, that was what I heard in my initial listening.:ksc75smile:
Maybe my old pair isn't the best-got it on clearance when InMotion was dumping them a year or so ago. Don't know. More later;

Feb 2, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #20,961 of 106,715

I thought we were friends, DannyBai? 
confused_face.gif

lol

We are sir and that's why you will hear those V's if you buy them or not.  
beerchug.gif

I don't feel like the SUI/KURO is similar to the Heaven line at all. Not the VI anyway. I had Soundfreaq's VI on loan about a year ago to A/B against the SUI and it's a totally different animal. The VI is much more mid centric whereas both the SUI and the KURO are slightly U shaped. In any case, the mids on the Ocha phones come across as more recessed compared to the VI. Both the VI and the Ocha phones cast surprisingly large stages (the Ochas dethroning the FAD) and excel at positioning. The VI is more mid bassy than the Ocharaku which is leaner in comparison.

Both the VI and the Ocha phones have really natural sounding timbre, but the VI is more vivid. When I listen to strings and piano on the VI, they sound far richer comparatively compared to the Ocha phones. I've actually never since heard pianos and strings rendered in quite the same fashion as on the VI. When I mention a rich sounding midrange I don't want to imply that it's lacking for detail or overly smooth/lush, cause it's not. It straddles a fine divide between texture and creaminess if that makes sense, that's kinda the magic of the Heaven phones IMO.

As for differences between the SUI/KURO... I had both phones in my possession for some time, and actually rather struggled to spot any meaningful differences between the two. The KURO seems to fill in a bit more of the midrange compared to the SUI, but other than that, I was kinda hard pressed to tell the difference between the two. I think the differences between KAEDE to SUI/KURO is more dramatic than SUI to KURO.
You don't come to a FAD party hoping for unrelenting accuracy man, you're there to drop acid, fondle carpet samples and make out with art school rejects; you're there to feel

Thank you.  That tells me a lot.  

Feb 2, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #20,962 of 106,715

That's completely counterintuitive. You don't need an earphone to enjoy a perfectly good shag carpet.

^ I LOVE YOU TOO!!!

It's not reciprocal.

Feb 2, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #20,964 of 106,715
^ I LOVE YOU TOO!!!

WORLD PEACE WORLD PEACE WORLD PEACE!!! :wink:

^ yeppp i already set myself up for disappointment hence why i got those v-moda cables durrr!!! :ksc75smile:

ehhh those AKG K3003s ring a bell??? LMAO Oh the irony. You birdies are funny meng. :p

Duh, I only own the K3K so I can score all the honeyz when I'm not out for a spin in my shiny sports car with the top down blastin hits by the Biebz

To be completely blunt though, I think a humble, chintzy phone like the Maxell CN40 paired with XTZ player would really give plenty of TOTL phones a run for their money if brute technical performance is what you're after.

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #20,965 of 106,715
  A huge turn-off for the rest of us.

^ O'rly???

Looks like the perfect fit!

ikr.......
cool.gif

That's surprising. I was getting the impression from the pata-hypster that the amount of detail was out of the stratosphere. Maybe I read it wrong?

+
  It is pretty detailed, VERY detailed to be honest. Analytically detailed.

That's why I said he'll be disappointed, 
tongue.gif
 I should improve on my articulation here.

The amount of detail in the martin logans are astounding, no kidding. They're definitely worth $300 due to the sharp, clear, yet still clean detail you hear. Unfortunately...

It's also thin sounding. So he may be disappointed in that regard. 
evil_smiley.gif
 Sorry for being unclear wayne. He will also be disappointed since the clarity will addict him to the point of selling all his headphones.

Also, see my post above. It was meant to be a lighthearted joke, since I don' t think people will actually be disappointed with the detail at all. It's just, the detail they deliver, may in fact, make you sell all your other headphones, or you'll probably want to keep the martins. 
wink.gif

^ Actually that is a GREAT thing tbh, good to change it up a bit. I can dig just about any type of sound siggy as long as it is done right and will do the music justice.

"Unfortunately..." .......................... so the bass end of these ain't up to par is what you are saying hence makes them a lil' bit thin??? No biggie, that's why you need an after market cable that will deliver some serious nice clean bass end boostky meng. Or just EQ it in, but you know how i fee about mofos that EQ.
angry_face.gif

No he wouldn't like them. Remember he has horrible taste since the cardboard covers his head. Maybe if they bumped the bass up +100dB....

ehhhh see reply above. You're DEAD wrong as always but we won't judge ya' too much since we always take care of the anal and forsaken ones here. :)

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #20,966 of 106,715

^ Actually that is a GREAT thing tbh, good to change it up a bit. I can dig just about any type of sound siggy as long as it is done right and will do the music justice.

"Unfortunately..." .......................... so the bass end of these ain't up to par is what you are saying hence makes them a lil' bit thin??? No biggie, that's why you need an after market cable that will deliver some serious nice clean bass end boostky meng. Or just EQ it in, but you know how i fee about mofos that EQ.
angry_face.gif

Yes, yes and yes. 

It's good to have a diff sound sig, I agree.

You might become tired of the sound sig after a good six months. I have grown tired of that type of sound with my iems, the im-02s being the exception. They provide enough bass and lively mids to give me a happy feeling. The mikros do give a lively feeling as well, but the bass misses out, which is why I somewhat dislike it. 

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #20,967 of 106,715
That's completely counterintuitive. You don't need an earphone to enjoy a perfectly good shag carpet.

It's not reciprocal.

You know how I know you're a robot? You took a perfectly cromulent allegory and put your butt all over it. You ruiner, you.

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #20,968 of 106,715
See waynes world, I'm weaker than you. DannyBai's words made me pull the trigger on the V :frowning2:  ... But I showed him! I got the Black Chrome instead of the Ageing (I had to show some control, right? 
confused_face.gif
 ) .... YOu win buddy, DannyBai. I'm sure I'll like them. As ww stated, you haven't steered me wrong yet.

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #20,969 of 106,715
@ericp10 
But eric, that was his intention! 
tongue.gif

He said it costs $200 to purchase.

You still fell for his trap as you got the earphone for $200 (and that's definitely not the aging), and not the $240, which is the aging itself. 
wink.gif

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #20,970 of 106,715
You know how I know you're a robot? You took a perfectly cromulent allegory and put your butt all over it. You ruiner, you.

I'm just not good at taking hints. Sometime I walk into the wrong-gendered washroom and I just sit around longer than I really should.

So cromulent, that's like one of those french pastries right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back