The discovery thread!
Jan 18, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #19,456 of 106,517
I think I figured out why people are listening so much to the Pistons-they dread putting it back in the box
:D

Jan 18, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #19,457 of 106,517
  Those are the $15 dollar ones that have been unproven to be fakes. The jury is still out, one of us did order it from here, but I don't think I remember anyone verifying this link as completely safe.

The ones that people thought were safe were this. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141157769953 

The one you posted might be the same one that drblue ordered from though.

You called me one of you guys....

I was the cheapskate that ordered them for 18 dollar, didn't see the ibuygou link after I bought them from Ebay. Now i've ordered them both.
I did what ThatBeatsguy advised me and politely startled the seller, he replied:

Hello mate,

i sent my people bring this earphone to xiaomi shop and they said it is original.

He replies fast and we've become good friends as you can read, but only (shipping)time will tell if they are original or not.

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #19,458 of 106,517
  LOL
IEMagnet01 - one minute Pistons are amazing, nekminnut they are "aiight"

IEM must work for Microsoft. One 360 after the next!

I kid IEM, I kid 
wink.gif
. It's easy to leave old gear behind when something new comes along! I'm still cuddling my Pistons for now..

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #19,459 of 106,517

+
^ LMAO thanks for the back up. Yeah i am sure the hype on these Pistons are warranted but don't really need them and is just curious is all. Plus i seem to have comfort issues with bullet shaped iem as those nuforces showed me. 

Makes me sad that ALL the Dunus has that bullet shape housing. haha Welp not really cuz it's good on the wallet. : P

Yeppp good point but i wouldn't go THAT far. LoL

D'YAM those Noble 4s are $800???

Not ideal they cost that much.

Congrats on them btw.
beerchug.gif

edit: N/M just saw your post above. :)

LoL if you jump on them i might have to piggyback on your downfall as well. hoho

We need to STAND STRONG against those hype tidal waves!!!

You're my last stance Masa' WAYNE

If you fall i fall.
tongue_smile.gif

Cool! And $15? Cooler! Seeing as it's Friday night, I might just have to have a glass of wine (that will cost a reasonable portion of the Piston lol) and lose all Piston resistance! Would you mind posting the link drblue? Thanks!

Watch the hype wave. ACCEPT THE HYPE WAVE. Be the hype wave.

Jan 18, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #19,461 of 106,517
Jan 18, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #19,462 of 106,517
  Not too subtle there Wayne.. lol
I have not forgotten the CKS1000, that is impossible. In fact every new thing I look at I think I should just "do/doooo/dew it" as SF likes to say

Did find them for ~150 shipped even that's approaching no brainer territory, but since i have none left I can't recognize that I guess.
redface.gif

Nope. That's all the wine did for me last night. Didn't result in any Pistons lol.

Jan 18, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #19,463 of 106,517

^ Another d_marco classic write-up, SWEET!!!
cool.gif

Let the spamming begin
popcorn.gif

^ I AM NOT WORTHY!!!

Ride along
wink.gif

+

Watch the hype wave. ACCEPT THE HYPE WAVE. Be the hype wave.

^ i ride this Hype Wave like a BOSS meng.

... it don't phase me.
cool.gif

Nope. That's all the wine did for me last night. Didn't result in any Pistons lol.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

FALL FALL FALL!!!
... SWEET LIBERTY!!! :)

Jan 18, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #19,464 of 106,517
OK, my update on the Shure 1540's...had them burning in about 36 hours now, decided to take them out on my dog walk (get a lot of my best listening on these walks, put iPod Touch on shuffle, hear all sorts of stuff I either forgot or didn't know I had, hadn't gotten to it, my personal "Discovery" thread...
Anyway, still going to hook them up for more burn in, as prescribed by Dr DS, but I hear some improvement in the highs already. Still somewhat laid back, but starting to hear them different cymbals, ride, crash, high hat, coming through with nice clarity and some definition of the touch used. Bass never a problem,still great, and the mids/vocals are to die for. As I mentioned previously, this is the set for those who have trouble getting lyrics directly from the singer/track. Vocals are clear, mumbled words are comprehensible, harmony lines easily pulled apart into their separate lines, and the singers are just PRESENT...THERE...WOW!
(don't hear much discussion of classical music here, but, if your interested, shuffle just brought on Brahms Symphony #4, GORGEOUS, wider stage than I thought it was capable of from the pop/rock/jazz/country that usually plays. Guess it has to really be on the recording (Dorati recording, for those who need to know).

Since I'm referencing the sublime, random track I really enjoyed on the walk...

(Roll over, Brahms...)

On a different note-another jazz show tonight, Cyrus Chestnut Trio, Jazz Standard (great Barbecue, too)

Later...

Jan 18, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #19,465 of 106,517
The DN1K are as absolutely buttery smooth and engaging as the M200, with better treble and detail retrieval, and no fit issues. I've absolutely been lost in my music, and this using my X3 too. Buttah!

Jan 18, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #19,466 of 106,517
@doc.. Now you know why I dig em so much..Also now that you got some burn in and hear that treble extend more so. They were definitely not burned in from previous owner and this is exactly what I mean by what a damn shame it is that guys don't bother with the burn in..Glad your enjoying them my friend..

And.. Go Broncos.

Jan 18, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #19,468 of 106,517
So the bass has finally appeared in the Doppios (with some burn-in and changing of tips). Now I'm impressed! Still the same nice outstanding clarity with bass, but it is a neutral earphone. None of that excessive mid-bass hump that the W4 had.

I've also decided to put my much loved KEF M500 (not M200) headphones up for sale. Why? Because I have the Thinksound On1 now and both are equal to me, bu the On1 has a warmer more natural sound I like with the wood cups. The M500 is excellent for someone who like a sound pushing toward anaylitical, yet with plenty of bass and no harsh highs. I'm sure waynes world and some others can tell you how great it sounds. Have the Auvio tips on the Pistons and that's a love affair. Okay, back to listening.

Jan 18, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #19,469 of 106,517
  So the bass has finally appeared in the Doppios (with some burn-in and changing of tips). Now I'm impressed! Still the same nice outstanding clarity with bass, but it is a neutral earphone. None of that excessive mid-bass hump that the W4 had.

I've also decided to put my much loved KEF M500 (not M200) headphones up for sale. Why? Because I have the Thinksound On1 now and both are equal to me, bu the On1 has a warmer more natural sound I like with the wood cups. The M500 is excellent for someone who like a sound pushing toward anaylitical, yet with plenty of bass and no harsh highs. I'm sure waynes world and some others can tell you how great it sounds. Have the Auvio tips on the Pistons and that's a love affair. Okay, back to listening.

That rich deep treble..Precise imagery..Nice clean balanced tuning..Glad your finally hearing them shape up..My pair sounds pretty awesome as well.

Oh and.............................................................................. go Broncos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back