The discovery thread!
Jan 17, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #19,381 of 106,756
^ Great stuff ericp, keep em' impressions coming.
popcorn.gif

edit: Relevant cuz of all the Yammies talk of late, love this doods vids. :)

Jan 17, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #19,382 of 106,756
Glad eric provided the impressions. Sounds like the Doppios are already similar in sound to my very balanced UE 700 or my old FA DBA02. There's a reason I retired my 700 and sold my DBA02...not my preferred sound signature. The lack of sub bass and even thin mid bass just loses me.

Jan 17, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #19,383 of 106,756
Jan 17, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #19,384 of 106,756

The long awaited (two weeks to the day I ordered them) arrival of my DUNU DN-1000. Burn in next. Impressions and comparisons to follow.

Jan 17, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #19,385 of 106,756
Happy to report back that those Pistons new version are no joke.  after sixty hours of burn in and
changing the tips to comply 400s foam, they are ALIVE! They sounded very good out my C3 on
psytrance and chanting music with female vocalist.  then i hooked up my Ray Samuels Emmiline to
them out of a Dragonfly v1.2 dad and BOOM they became very serious sound instruments! voices clear
reverb alive, ENTHEOSOUND s  Gaia Sophia album heard like never before!  i am truly blown away by
this discovery.  they seem to scale up with better dad resolution and power mightily. So good i ordered an
extra set for the now 15.00 ebay price. this is no hype iem....but the extended burn in was necessary to hear this
level of sound from the Pistons...

Jan 17, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #19,387 of 106,756
  Happy to report back that those Pistons new version are no joke.  after sixty hours of burn in and
changing the tips to comply 400s foam, they are ALIVE! They sounded very good out my C3 on
psytrance and chanting music with female vocalist.  then i hooked up my Ray Samuels Emmiline to
them out of a Dragonfly v1.2 dad and BOOM they became very serious sound instruments! voices clear
reverb alive, ENTHEOSOUND s  Gaia Sophia album heard like never before!  i am truly blown away by
this discovery.  they seem to scale up with better dad resolution and power mightily. So good i ordered an
extra set for the now 15.00 ebay price. this is no hype iem....but the extended burn in was necessary to hear this

+1. I just put some DUNU tips on mine. and the sound did just what you said! They came ALIVE! Wider soundstage and just more lively. But the DUNU are on a completely different plane of musical existence, right out of the box. 

Jan 17, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #19,388 of 106,756
  Let me know how you find them wearing them straight down (Comfort / weight-wise)

They are only slightly bigger than the Piston, a touch smaller than the OM Audio, with the same length of nozzle as the OM, so straight down they are comfy, and they aren't heavy at all. They sit flush and don't move even when I headbang to Demon Hunter

Jan 17, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #19,389 of 106,756
  They are only slightly bigger than the Piston, a touch smaller than the OM Audio, with the same length of nozzle as the OM, so straight down they are comfy, and they aren't heavy at all. They sit flush and don't move even when I headbang to Demon Hunter

Good to hear. They really do sound like an ideal upgrade for me in terms of the music I listen to most often.

Jan 17, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #19,390 of 106,756
The long awaited (two weeks to the day I ordered them) arrival of my DUNU DN-1000. Burn in next. Impressions and comparisons to follow.

Cool - I didn't even know you had them coming! 
wink.gif

Seriously though, congrats - they'll be awesome.

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #19,391 of 106,756

Cool! And $15? Cooler! Seeing as it's Friday night, I might just have to have a glass of wine (that will cost a reasonable portion of the Piston lol) and lose all Piston resistance! Would you mind posting the link drblue? Thanks!

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #19,392 of 106,756
  Good to hear. They really do sound like an ideal upgrade for me in terms of the music I listen to most often.

Thanks for the links, Mackem. I don't listen to Kpop, but I really enjoyed listening to the samples you sent, and to be honest, I really liked that Girl's Day - Female President song and the sub bass really was fun and deep, and the details were just crystal clear! Plus I've never seen so many ridiculously HOT Korean chicks all in one place ever lol The DUNU DN-1000 is FOR REAL!!

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #19,393 of 106,756

Cool - I didn't even know you had them coming! 
wink.gif

Seriously though, congrats - they'll be awesome.

Thanks. These things are pretty engaging and detailed. Bass is perfect and sub bass is sweet. Loving this. 

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #19,394 of 106,756

Cool! And $15? Cooler! Seeing as it's Friday night, I might just have to have a glass of wine (that will cost a reasonable portion of the Piston lol) and lose all Piston resistance! Would you mind posting the link drblue? Thanks!

LoL if you jump on them i might have to piggyback on your downfall as well. hoho

We need to STAND STRONG against those hype tidal waves!!!

You're my last stance Masa' WAYNE

If you fall i fall.
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #19,395 of 106,756

LoL if you jump on them i might have to piggyback on your downfall as well. hoho

We need to STAND STRONG against those hype tidal waves!!!

You're my last stance Masa' WAYNE

If you fall i fall.
tongue_smile.gif

Don't worry - even if he fails I'm still standing strong and resisting all hype as usual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back