The discovery thread!
Jan 15, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #19,111 of 106,575
Get some Sony Hybrids on them, and try them through a smartphone. Like others have said before, I think it helps tame the V signature a bit with less power.

I use an Amperex Tube on my Aune T1 which pushes the mids a bit forward and tames the bass a bit, and it sounds awesome. Some slight EQ adjustments can do the same.

.. and yes, I'll probably put my VSD1LE up for sale. For $19 the Piston is just awesome.

Your turn SF. You know you want it.

Jan 15, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #19,114 of 106,575
  Get some Sony Hybrids on them, and try them through a smartphone. Like others have said before, I think it helps tame the V signature a bit with less power.

I use an Amperex Tube on my Aune T1 which pushes the mids a bit forward and tames the bass a bit, and it sounds awesome. Some slight EQ adjustments can do the same.

.. and yes, I'll probably put my VSD1LE up for sale. For $19 the Piston is just awesome.

Blasphemy lol! Even though I'll never get rid of my LE's (I love their flushness - great for using when sleeping), I'm curious.. how much better do you think the Pistons are over the VSD1LE's? 

Jan 15, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #19,116 of 106,575

Blasphemy lol! Even though I'll never get rid of my LE's (I love their flushness - great for using when sleeping), I'm curious.. how much better do you think the Pistons are over the VSD1LE's? 

It's more as if they compete directly with each other. The Piston makes it redundant in my collection. I don't feel I lose much by not having it around.

It is more enjoyable than the RE-400 as well.

Jan 15, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #19,119 of 106,575
   I think this clearly beats the MH1. I'm shocked to be typing that bud, but from what I'm hearing (until I can get home and A/B them). It beats them in clarity and transparency. Biggest criticism at this point? The tips are the worst and cheapest I've ever seen (already tore the one large one trying to put it on the nozzle). Im not too sure about the durability of the cable, but won't complain until it's a problem. Then again, for under $30, I probably won't complain at all and would buy another one (the sound is that good). I cannot believe the sound. Surpassing those great sounding cheapo JVCS and ATs easily!

The HYPE TRAIN is going FULL-RETARD NOW!!!

^ YES YES I DO!!! Those VSD1LEs that is how much are you selling them for???
tongue.gif

Was THIS close at hitting the buy button on those $15 tracked shipped set that was posted yesterday.... but the ebay seller seems kinda fishy. Might have to get it from that legit place with SLOW @ss shipping if i fall for the hype. haha

Man don't feel like waiting 30 days.
rolleyes.gif

They say they only take up to 30mW. Weren't you feeding them like 500mW+ at all times? lol

And who said you can't over do it with burn in. Poor things got burnt to a crisp.
triportsad.gif

^  STAND STRONG WAYNE...... thought i might eventually fall for the hype..................................... again as well. haha

Jan 15, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #19,120 of 106,575
The HYPE TRAIN is going FULL-RETARD NOW!!!

^ YES YES I DO!!! Those VSD1LEs that is how much are you selling them for??? :p

Was THIS close at hitting the buy button on those $15 tracked shipped set that was posted yesterday.... but the ebay seller seems kinda fishy. Might have to get it from that legit place with SLOW @ss shipping if i fall for the hype. haha

Man don't feel like waiting 30 days. :rolleyes:

And who said you can't over do it with burn in. Poor things got burnt to a crisp. :triportsad:

^  STAND STRONG WAYNE...... thought i might eventually fall for the hype..................................... again as well. haha

$20, $20 meng!

Jan 15, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #19,122 of 106,575
$20, $20 meng!

Not about the price meng, just been though this wayyyyyyyyyyy too many times already. It doesn't really seem to best the gears that i have, so not much of a point in getting them. $20 here $30 there and i got almost enough for those Frosties iems meng.
tongue.gif

But since i already got the Deltas, LG QB2 and those KZ Micro Rings a.k.a ATH CKN70 lookalikes bhazard praised so much, i might just have to get these for my HYPE SHOWDOWN WRITE-UP. LoL

Jan 15, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #19,124 of 106,575
Not about the price meng, just been though this wayyyyyyyyyyy too many times already. It doesn't really seem to best the gears that i have, so not much of a point in getting them. $20 here $30 there and i got almost enough for those Frosties iems meng. :p

But since i already got the Deltas, LG QB2 and those KZ Micro Rings a.k.a ATH CKN70 lookalikes bhazard praised so much, i might just have to get these for my HYPE SHOWDOWN WRITE-UP. LoL

Now I see your point, :)
It is true that the cheap items may best most sqs, and you went through a lot of cheap iems to experience that. It added injury to your wallet with the total amount of money spent on them. But Hey, at least this hype seems deserved...? Maybe..? do what you think is best! I know for sure that I'm not going to buy this piston what Chama call it's.

If you do buy, that would be one epic showdown that most people would die to read :D

Jan 15, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #19,125 of 106,575

Not about the price meng, just been though this wayyyyyyyyyyy too many times already. It doesn't really seem to best the gears that i have, so not much of a point in getting them. $20 here $30 there and i got almost enough for those Frosties iems meng.
tongue.gif

I don't know if I'm ready to say this beat the CKN70 (something about those carbons) or CKN50 either. Those are two great sounding iems under $100, but it's just that the cables on them are so distracting. Will do some A/Bing, however, after burn-in and over the weekend. Very promising though, base on what I am hearing pre-burn-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back