The discovery thread!
Jan 2, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #18,061 of 106,715

Hmmm maybe it's best for you to get the pistons in as well and see how you like them 1st. No rush cuz i still haven't gotten my LG QB2s in yet so.....

I'll give you a PM when the tyme is right.
ksc75smile.gif

Thanks again!!! :)

I don't expect the Piston in for awhile. The offer to send out the Samsung HS-330 still stands of you want? I won't be using them with the OM Audio and TDK BA-200 making their way to my porch today. 

Charlie

Jan 2, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #18,062 of 106,715

$5.00 Dual Dynamic Driver Samsung HS-330.
Is that the one that comes with the GS4? When I got my GS4 I immediately tossed them in the drawer. Might take them out and have a listen.

Jan 2, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #18,063 of 106,715
Is that the one that comes with the GS4? When I got my GS4 I immediately tossed them in the drawer. Might take them out and have a listen.

Yes sir. Those are the ones. 

Jan 2, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #18,064 of 106,715
You have the Havi B3 pro on the way too right? I enjoy it more than the M200 when I had it. I enjoy it more than the RE-400, R50, and Gratitude too.

I have a feeling that nothing can touch it unless I spend over $200. The INEARPIECE might be the only one that has a chance.

Since I just sold my UE TF10's, I have the monetary clout to get any of the IEM's I mentioned, but I'm going to wait and see the outcome of my OM Audio InEarPeace to make any definitive purchases?

Jan 2, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #18,065 of 106,715
  Yes sir. Those are the ones. 

I just pulled them out and tried a few tips and had a little bit of a listen from the GS4 and my portable setup. Sounds like crap out of the GS4 but it sounds half decent out of my DX50-PB2 combo. Very uncomfortable and really hard to get a good seal. The body actually prohibits you from pushing it in far enough. There's hardly any sub-bass, the mids and treble are clear enough but it sounds like it wants to blast my ear off most of the time, its sounds very fatiguing. I guess its not too bad for a part of the package phone, but its not my cup of tea either. I'll pass and put it back in the drawer now.

Jan 2, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #18,066 of 106,715
  I just pulled them out and tried a few tips and had a little bit of a listen from the GS4 and my portable setup. Sounds like crap out of the GS4 but it sounds half decent out of my DX50-PB2 combo. Very uncomfortable and really hard to get a good seal. The body actually prohibits you from pushing it in far enough. There's hardly any sub-bass, the mids and treble are clear enough but it sounds like it wants to blast my ear off most of the time, its sounds very fatiguing. I guess its not too bad for a part of the package phone, but its not my cup of tea either. I'll pass and put it back in the drawer now.

You just described EXACTLY every issue I had with them. I mean spot on! Someone suggested I do a mod on the vent port on the nozzle, and this worked. Brings up the bass, and levels out the treble. I also put Comply tips on them, so they are not bad...just very uncomfortable overall, and they need an amp for sure. 

Jan 2, 2014 at 4:15 AM Post #18,067 of 106,715

Hmmm maybe it's best for you to get the pistons in as well and see how you like them 1st. No rush cuz i still haven't gotten my LG QB2s in yet so.....

I'll give you a PM when the tyme is right.
ksc75smile.gif

Thanks again!!! :)

I bought the Quadbeat 2's for my daughter for Christmas, and she loves them. They have amazing soundstage, spacial imaging, and transparency for a budget dynamic driver. Truth be told, I tried them out and burned them in before I gave them to her, and well, I wanted to keep them for myself lol Glad I gave them up haha She really does love them. 

Jan 2, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #18,068 of 106,715
Same here man, every purchase decision I make is quite an important one due to my strict restrictions lol, I just can't justify paying over £100 ($165) for a pair of earphones so that is my limit.

So I need help choosing between the Gratitudes, IM70 and MA750. I'm looking for an upgrade on my CKN70's.

I've also considered the ma750 but it seems like sound wise the IM70 is better. (from the impressions I've read here)

Jan 2, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #18,070 of 106,715
  Which do people think would be the best be all end all universal multi-driver IEM of the two?

and can the DUNU DN-1000 be included in this conversation as well?

Well thats a very general question.

Personally I'd say the DUNU, but again it depends on your preferences of sound signature and fit.

Jan 2, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #18,071 of 106,715

Well thats a very general question.

Personally I'd say the DUNU, but again it depends on your preferences of sound signature and fit.

don't you know it. Fit has killed many an IEM for me, and forced me to sell. 

Jan 2, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #18,073 of 106,715
What about the Astrotec AX-60? Anyone have experience with this one?

Jan 2, 2014 at 6:02 AM Post #18,074 of 106,715
  don't you know it. Fit has killed many an IEM for me, and forced me to sell. 

Yeah having a bad fit on very good IEMs is the worst buzz kill ever!

Still to this day I have to say though that the best fit I've ever got from an IEM was with my long gone Yamaha EPH-100. May they rest in peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back