The discovery thread!
Apr 22, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #35,491 of 99,901
The initial impressions of them fine looking all blue iem is in fact the HK6. I am eagerly awaiting my HQ6 to compare them to from exiled vendor.

It is starting to look that way. I took them out for a brief listen as I woke up this morning to do some yard work.

Never enjoyed yard work so much. Lol. It has some really great transparency as it clearly shows the strengths of my different players. The N5ii is more musical in sound tuning and it showed last night. I used my Shanling M3s this morning and it threw out a more neutral type sound and which was just as enjoyable if not more and that is how the player portrays sound so apparently more resolving of the sources sound signature.

I noticed the HK6 are very easy to drive for having 6 BAs. They continue to impress. I will get my blue SPC cables I bought just to match up with these on Monday and then I will post some pics. Thus far I feel I got one of the better deals for audio.
Thanks for the initial impression . Not many threads that touches on more expensive chifi

Apr 22, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #35,492 of 99,901
I have an entirely new outlook on them vendors on Aliexpress. Not all that much chatter on the threads minus the Chi fi budget threads about them. What happens when you leave the budget stuff and they start making custom iems with higher end BAs? Compared to boutique shops that charge a lot. I mean take a look at this.

I have been eyeing their top iems. This one in particular called the DZ9. Unreal. If these things scale in sound performance like my HK6 does. These should be one hell of an iem for $500ish , Should be close to TOTL level if not there already.

HTB1WdB.QFXXXXaiaXXXq6xXFXXXV.jpg

8 BAs with a dynamic for a 9 driver configuration. The DZ9. Next time they have a big sale. I can't say I won't be tempted.

Them IT04s better be better than these is what I am saying.

Apr 22, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #35,493 of 99,901
I have an entirely new outlook on them vendors on Aliexpress. Not all that much chatter on the threads minus the Chi fi budget threads about them. What happens when you leave the budget stuff and they start making custom iems with higher end BAs? Compared to boutique shops that charge a lot. I mean take a look at this.

I have been eyeing their top iems. This one in particular called the DZ9. Unreal. If these things scale in sound performance like my HK6 does. These should be one hell of an iem for $500ish , Should be close to TOTL level if not there already.

8 BAs with a dynamic for a 9 driver configuration. The DZ9. Next time they have a big sale. I can't say I won't be tempted.

Would it be possible for a full review on the HK6 along with some IEMs that you think would be in the same ballpark as the HK6? Thanks in advance!

Apr 22, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #35,495 of 99,901

The DZ is a excellent and most expensive iems series on NiceHCK store, they have DZ6/7/8/9 and 12 in line the DZ8 and DZ12 are pure BA iems and the DZ6/7/9 are one dynamic + BAs iems, as i remember the @Skullophile have the DZ8 and DZ9 ,

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #35,497 of 99,901
Would it be possible for a full review on the HK6 along with some IEMs that you think would be in the same ballpark as the HK6? Thanks in advance!
likeiwse, i'd be very interested to hear comparos of the hd6 and sd7 with mainstream models--also impressions as to driveability and isolation. thanks in advance.

Apr 23, 2018 at 6:06 AM Post #35,499 of 99,901
So I got my packages today
IMG_20180423_121709.jpg

Made a quick snap on the bed. Both cables are great although the pure silver one is somewhat memory prone and not the most pliable, but otherwise is very good, The LZ cable is great too and comes with a nice LZ box, which is exactly what a lot of Chinese manufacturers including VE have been using lately. The pure silver cable was exactly what my Nobles needed.

As far as the SD7 Plus goes, the cable it came with was pure junk but my cat will probably like to play with it. The build if the shells is not bad though and fit and comfort are great with quite decent isolation. As far as the sound goes, I'll have to spend some time with it and do some tip rolling before passing judgment. It's obviously no match for the Nobles, but being 1000 bucks cheaper I didn't really expect it. It's a bit laid back and pretty smooth overall with a neutral tonality leaning toward cool, but because of the smoother and slightly fuller notes, it's not tiring or too unrealistic. The low end is not weak but is rather on the mid-bassy side and lacks depth and definition but I'm sure some tip rolling will help at least a little bit. The mids also sound a but diffuse and lack some clarity, focus and definition. Same goes for the treble, but it's smooth and has fairly good extension and presence.

That's based on a really really quick listen, so as I said these are just initial impressions. Right now, I am not super impressed but am not really disappointed either

Apr 23, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #35,500 of 99,901
Stock tips on the SD7s are not so great for the earphones either. Try using wider bored tips to optimize the sound. It will be mid bass heavy and treble light which makes them sound conjested with them stock sony hybrid look a likes. I noticed those tips are what a lot of chi fi manufacturers uses for DIY type earphones and stangely enough was included in the LZ A5 box as well. Not a big fan of those. The nozzles on the SD7 are roughly 3mm not wide and not skinny either but they are skinny enough not to accept my JVC Spiral Dots to be snug on the nozzle. So I did my revese tip mod.

6180687_thumb.jpg

I do this mod for every earphone that has too narrow of nozzle to use with wider bores. I took the smallest Stock tip from the SD7 put that on backwards which creates a thicker nozzle. Then throw on the JVC spiral dots. I would give this a try Kova. If you don't have Spiral Dots. You can try using soemething like UE tips. SD7 definitely sounds better with a wider bored tip.

The sound of the SD7 plus is not gonna jump out at you but they should grow on you especially when you get that tip right.. You should try that silver cable on the SD7 plus. Might surprise you.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #35,501 of 99,901
Well, I have a ton of tips including spiral dots so I should be fine - I hate what jvc spirals do to the sound of everything though, so wouldn't bother with mods. I think the sd7 needs something with smaller bore and thicker silicone. I will try other tips, but I think they need something to focus the sound not spiral dots to diffuse it even more. I do reserve the right to be wrong and to give you credit but I have a good track record in this department. I listened to it a bit more and am still split on that sd7+. Just don't see it as a giant slayer or even the best option in the price range, but I haven't slept in 32 hours, so can't vouch for my sanity right now.

Apr 23, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #35,503 of 99,901
Yeah, I'm already on the right track - thicker silicone, shallower insertion and slightly smaller size for slightly reduced isolation to balance out the sound and bring in some clarity. Bore opening similar to the one of the stock tips seems to be the best for now, so they probably tuned it with them on. If you have vsonic tips try them out but push them all the way over the nozzle ridge. Anyway, I still kinda see them being competitive in the $50-150 range. I do love the fit and looks though and they aren't bad once you play around with them - nowhere near the sub-par magoasi k3 pro, but one you take into account to not-on-sale price, the fact that you need to shell out at least 30 bucks for a decent cable, etc, and it becomes a $200+ iem. Again, I don't want to rush into conclusions - as I said, I haven't slept in a very long time and have been drinking for a while, but the Nobles with the new cable still sound great.

Apr 23, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #35,504 of 99,901
So I got my cable package today. I haven't heard my HK6 since Saturday morning. They have been burning in my burn in station in the cave.

DSCF4022.JPG

DSCF4023.JPG

I was hesitant to get these cables for the HK6 but now that I look at them and listening to the absolute awesome sound of the HK6. I am more than happy with how this cable and earphone combo has came out. So the sound of the HK6 seems to have Opened up! Ya your reading this right. The open box sound was actually giving me an idea of how these would sound.

I can't even begin to start explaining how excellent sounding these earphones are. These are making me rethink what you can get for your $230 now a days. I remember thinking how good my ATH- IM03 was using an upgraded cable when I got those new I spent roughly $435 for the whole thing.. At about half the price. These earphones make my IM03 sound a bit weak sauce. Kinda saddens me actually.

I am gonna say it here. What I am hearing right now. These HK6 has beaten my Sony Z5 for the most musical full bodied sounding earphones on the planet. The stage is just as wide, treble is silky smooth, the bass is even comparable but its the mids. Oh man the mids on these things. It has a lush, rich tonality to the mids. Organic and just pure joy to listen to. These are not just good fellas. These are outstanding in very perceivable way. I can't find a weakness to this sound at all. Lol.

They just continue to surprise me in every way possible. In just a matter of a few days. These have become front and center my top earphones.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #35,505 of 99,901
Ds the cables look great with the iems. Good call mate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back