The discovery thread!
Apr 23, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #35,506 of 100,982
Surprisingly they are just as good as the all silver black ones I got. Though to be fair all silver cables need to be run in for a while so I attached my new silver cables to the HK6 and got them back on the burn.

Don't look as nice with the blue cables attached to the HK6 I have to admit. That blue cable had a funny plastic like smell to it. Lol. Probably from wherever chemical they finished that cable with. It is a silver coated copper wire 8 cores but with a blue finish. Looks nicer in person than in pics actually.

Seems that is the new trend in cables. Gold, silver, pink, blue, and NiceHCK sells a new silver copper hybrid cable with the copper having a red dye to it. Looks really nice.

Apr 23, 2018 at 11:02 PM Post #35,507 of 100,982
Waiting for more impressions on the HK6. When you mentioned the Z5 i was a bit surprised to be honest. Those are some big big shoes to fill.

Apr 23, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #35,508 of 100,982
Seriously not as surprised as I was. I think the width of the stage on the Z5 is still the widest I have but the HK6 is not far behind. Another surprising sound aspect is how spacious they sound. It sounded spacious out of the box but not exactly how I am hearing them now. They went from like a 14 inch pizza large to a freaking 18 inch X large Za
upload_2018-4-23_21-15-52.jpeg

in a matter of a few days of burning in. It is not a cable thing either since I switched the HK6 from the cable I was using them with to that new blue one.

Give me this week to get them to the best sounding level I can with tips and cables with a good break in and then I will start doing some comparisons. Take these earphones very seriously is all I can say. Now I can understand why these are selling like hotcakes to the Japanese enthusiasts who all gave their unanimous 5 star reviews on these. By the way since I bought these they sold almost double amount of these on NiceHCK. Seems to be catching steam with the Japanese.

I am eagerly awaiting my other 6BA iem the HQ6. I hope those will be fairly close in SQ to these.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2018 at 11:54 PM Post #35,510 of 100,982
SD7s especially the hybrid model can be had for $130ish. Excellent value and sound for the money but you do have to have different cables and tips for the SD7s. I listen to both my SD7s all the time and know both of them real well for sounds and their abilities.

If you can dish out some extra cash for the HK6. These are clearly playing at a different level, so much so they are beating up on one of my all time favorite earphones the Sony Z5s not to mention everything else in my collection. To be fair my Sony Z5 out of my Black label is pretty special. The HK6 is much more efficient and don't need a separate amp to sound premium. I was just telling a friend I can easily point out sound deficiencies in every single earphone I own. I don't know if it is due to these phones being new and not used to their crazy sound but I can't pinpoint anything I dislike or anything weak about them at all. Not the staging not the tone not the depth not the bass certainly not the grain free sound. Not to mention one of the best looking universals I have ever seen. Whomever is tuning these things. Absolutely masterful.

I have a new respect for Chi fi.

These have mind blowing sound quality and that is the bottom line.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #35,511 of 100,982
SD7s especially the hybrid model can be had for $130ish. Excellent value and sound for the money but you do have to have different cables and tips for the SD7s. I listen to both my SD7s all the time and know both of them real well for sounds and their abilities.

If you can dish out some extra cash for the HK6. These are clearly playing at a different level, so much so they are beating up on one of my all time favorite earphones the Sony Z5s not to mention everything else in my collection. To be fair my Sony Z5 out of my Black label is pretty special. The HK6 is much more efficient and don't need a separate amp to sound premium. I was just telling a friend I can easily point out sound deficiencies in every single earphone I own. I don't know if it is due to these phones being new and not used to their crazy sound but I can't pinpoint anything I dislike or anything weak about them at all. Not the staging not the tone not the depth not the bass certainly not the grain free sound. Not to mention one of the best looking universals I have ever seen. Whomever is tuning these things. Absolutely masterful.

I have a new respect for Chi fi.

These have mind blowing sound quality and that is the bottom line.
Thanks for your feedback, appreciated. This is what i love about this hobby, you keep discovering new amazing sounds every time.

Apr 24, 2018 at 2:01 AM Post #35,514 of 100,982
When is the next Ali sale?

So I got my cable package today. I haven't heard my HK6 since Saturday morning. They have been burning in my burn in station in the cave.

I was hesitant to get these cables for the HK6 but now that I look at them and listening to the absolute awesome sound of the HK6. I am more than happy with how this cable and earphone combo has came out. So the sound of the HK6 seems to have Opened up! Ya your reading this right. The open box sound was actually giving me an idea of how these would sound.

I can't even begin to start explaining how excellent sounding these earphones are. These are making me rethink what you can get for your $230 now a days. I remember thinking how good my ATH- IM03 was using an upgraded cable when I got those new I spent roughly $435 for the whole thing.. At about half the price. These earphones make my IM03 sound a bit weak sauce. Kinda saddens me actually.

I am gonna say it here. What I am hearing right now. These HK6 has beaten my Sony Z5 for the most musical full bodied sounding earphones on the planet. The stage is just as wide, treble is silky smooth, the bass is even comparable but its the mids. Oh man the mids on these things. It has a lush, rich tonality to the mids. Organic and just pure joy to listen to. These are not just good fellas. These are outstanding in very perceivable way. I can't find a weakness to this sound at all. Lol.

They just continue to surprise me in every way possible. In just a matter of a few days. These have become front and center my top earphones.

Apr 24, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #35,516 of 100,982
Have anyone seen the HK6 under another brand name/from another seller (I'm not a fan of HCK)?

Apr 24, 2018 at 3:24 AM Post #35,517 of 100,982
zx300 with DZ 7

IMG_20180424_125148.jpg

Apr 24, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #35,518 of 100,982
i cannot find the cable :frowning2: is there a link for the cable also?

Type in 8 core mmcx on aliexpress. You will find it. There is only one all blue cable on ali.

Have anyone seen the HK6 under another brand name/from another seller (I'm not a fan of HCK)?

HQ6 from all indications could be from the same OEM company that is making these iems for NiceHCK and the Cheezy. Though in all red. There are many similarities down to the box cable and case they provide for these earphones. Even the specs on their web pages for both the HK6 and the HQ6 is exactly the same. The only real difference is the nozzle on the shells of the Hk6 vs the HQ6. HK6 is a metal nozzle and the HQ6 is an extension of the plastic resin. This fundamental design difference may be what changes the SQ from one to the other. Otherwise they could be using the exact same BAs in both earphones. I will not know till I get them. Will report for certain.

zx300 with DZ 7

Excellent. I am going to ask Jim @ NiceHCK what is a direct upgrad from the HK6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back