The discovery thread!
Dec 12, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #34,532 of 101,328
Dec 12, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #34,533 of 101,328
Dec 12, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #34,535 of 101,328
Look forward to what you guys think about em. They sound a bit rough out of the box and need a new cable out of the box. You will see why I basically threw away the cable it came with. It is useless.

I also tried my silver coated balanced cable last night with good results but I think I am gonna stick to my cable I bought at the same time https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Eas...-fa50-40c3-beaf-c75f6db6ccd4&rmStoreLevelAB=0 This is on sale by the way.

Dec 12, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #34,536 of 101,328
Go for the Ibasso IT01. It is how can you say. Gets my highest recommendation. A bit more than the DM5 and RT-1 but is clearly a higher end tuned earphone. Tis exactly what you are asking here. Much easier to drive than Havi bs as well.

Thanks, I've had my eyes on the IT01 but I was hyped about the DM5 after reading your posts back from September and October. I don't have any IEMs with BAs and thought they might bring an extra layer of detail or something else I'm missing with dynamic drivers.
Is the DM5 something you still like or is has the RT-1 replaced it for you. I'm going to pick up the IT01s, would the DM5s or the RT-1s be a good second pair to complement them.

Dec 12, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #34,537 of 101,328
Look forward to what you guys think about em. They sound a bit rough out of the box and need a new cable out of the box. You will see why I basically threw away the cable it came with. It is useless.

I also tried my silver coated balanced cable last night with good results but I think I am gonna stick to my cable I bought at the same time https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Eas...-fa50-40c3-beaf-c75f6db6ccd4&rmStoreLevelAB=0 This is on sale by the way.

Could you take picture of the nozzles? I'd like to see how long and wide they actually are. Can't find any pictures with the tips off.

Dec 12, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #34,538 of 101,328
Sorry. At work at the moment. No time for online shenanigans. I did buy two more cables including this one for my RT-1. I have my fingers crossed it will work on the RT-1 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/***...32834648481.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.Q54A1T I can tell you it is a short nozzle from the housing length wise and medium bore width on the nozzle.

Will fit most medium bored tips. I have T-400 complys on mines and it fits perfectly. This tips shown in the pictures are duplicates of Sony Hybrids. You might get a good idea how wide the nozzle is here. Will try n grab a pic later of my phones.

HTB1wiOFXC3PL1JjSZFxq6ABBVXa1.jpg

Dec 12, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #34,539 of 101,328
Thanks, I've had my eyes on the IT01 but I was hyped about the DM5 after reading your posts back from September and October. I don't have any IEMs with BAs and thought they might bring an extra layer of detail or something else I'm missing with dynamic drivers.
Is the DM5 something you still like or is has the RT-1 replaced it for you. I'm going to pick up the IT01s, would the DM5s or the RT-1s be a good second pair to complement them.

Well if you get a IT01. There will be no real need for either the DM5 or the RT-1s but if you must for your own curiosity the DM5 is a fun earphone to mess with due to them adapting a lot to cable changes, tips changes, source changes. See if you can pick one up on aliexpress sale for cheaper.

Dec 12, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #34,540 of 101,328
Well if you get a IT01. There will be no real need for either the DM5 or the RT-1s but if you must for your own curiosity the DM5 is a fun earphone to mess with due to them adapting a lot to cable changes, tips changes, source changes. See if you can pick one up on aliexpress sale for cheaper.
Thanks for the help, I'm sure I'll have more questions for you guys soon.

Dec 12, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #34,542 of 101,328
Dec 12, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #34,543 of 101,328
IT01 has one of the best stages I have heard for a single dynamic. The Bass of the IT01 is excellent due to the sub bass extension and overall clarity of the earphones. It has somewhat of an AKG type tuning. Wide stage extended treble and extended bass. Clarity and definition in the mids. Sounds like a hybrid earphone due to the clarity and sound positioning. Don't know if any of you guys remember the Philips S2 but The IT01 reminds me a lot of the Philips S2s. Similar sound tuning actually.

Compared to the Rhythmos. While stage is not as wide as the IT01 it has the leg up on the mids due to the 4 BAs it incorporates for the mids and the highs. There is a slight 6K-8Khz peak on the Rhythmos and I counter that in two ways. Use complys and my copper cable gives a slight warmth to the sound much like how pure copper did the DM5 Clarity is similar on both sets but the Rhythmos has an extra depth to the sound that the IT01 being a single dynamic just don't have. Mids sound a bit flat in comparison to the Rhythmos. Bass wise the IT01 has the better textured sub bass over the Rhythmos with very similar amount of attack and punch in both mids bass and sub bass extension.

IBasso did a crazy good job tuning a single dynamic and I think the multilayers of graphene helps in this regard. The Rhythmos has a more defined 3D type mids that pop but also has a very satisfying bass end to it like a good hybrid should. I think the IT01 wins in the sub bass arena while and the treble is just a bit more refined over the Rhytmos. While the Rhythmos takes the IT01 in the imaging and mid section bands of the sound. Both are punching above price payed to listen. Both are excellent IMO

If any of you guys are messing around thus far with budget fi stuff but want a clear upgrade in sonics I would recommend either or.

Now the Z5. IT01 is not quite a wide a sound. Does not have the silky treble quality of the Z5. Bass wise it will give a good fight to the Z5. In fact this is one of the reasons why I like the IT01 so much. Bass is crazy good on it and will hold up to any earphone in the bass department. I haven't quite tried it balanced yet but I plan on it here very soon.

I believe @pr0b3r tried it balanced and gives his thumbs up on the sound. I can believe it due to the clean tuning and stage of the IT01.
I briefly tired my SPC balanced cable on the Rhythmos and it sounded even more 3D than it already does.

Compared to the Z5 the Rhythmos has the better more dimensional single ended sound meaning the mids have more meat to it vs the Z5. Of course treble stage and bass is where the Z5 wins out. It kinda sounds like a more exciting one more quad actually. With the right tip and cable the Rhythmos is excellent sounding earphone and guys that will do the burn in and try some tips and cables will find themselves trying to figure out how these can be a $130 earphone like I did. It is crazy good sounding earphone for the money and I am still figuring out the sound of them. I would put the sonics on a similar level to $300 plus earphones I own or have heard. Easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back