The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Jan 20, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #9,151 of 9,815
Quote:

Yep. $159 shipped through their website with coupon code FACEBOOK. They have the silver ones too.

http://vminnovations.com/Product_46888/Sennheiser-HD-25-Amperior-DJ-Pro-Monitoring-Headphones-Blue-Refurbished-.html

Thanks for posting that! That's a great deal. For anyone interested, remember that authorized Senn dealers have 90 day warranties on refurbished products. Better than nothing, though shy off the new 2 year warranty. 

Jan 20, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #9,152 of 9,815
Quote:
I owned the XB700s. They're very, very, very bassy and I would only use them with popular rap music or popular EDM. The detail is lacking significantly.

They're not really meant for serious audiophiles. They're meant for your average Joe who listens to pop music and wants a nice Beats-esque headphone. 

If you're a serious audiophile or you listen to detailed, intricate music, then the XB700 isn't really useful to you. 

Now I'd say thats a bit harsh. I too owned them. They are bassy, but that's the point. At what they do, I have found few better. Yes, the specialize in rap and mainstream stuff like that. And yes it's a "fun" sound sig but that;s not to say an audiophile can't enjoy that. Remember, what we do is all about the music.

sorry for the derail

Gold turbines are a buck 50 at amazon

Jan 20, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #9,154 of 9,815
Quote:

Yep. $159 shipped through their website with coupon code FACEBOOK. They have the silver ones too.

http://vminnovations.com/Product_46888/Sennheiser-HD-25-Amperior-DJ-Pro-Monitoring-Headphones-Blue-Refurbished-.html

Thanks for posting that!! Every saved dollar counts and thats a really good deal. Now I need to see how these compare to the DT1350's which I'm sure there are a bunch of comparisons and impressions out there.

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #9,155 of 9,815
Quote:
Now I'd say thats a bit harsh. I too owned them. They are bassy, but that's the point. At what they do, I have found few better. Yes, the specialize in rap and mainstream stuff like that. And yes it's a "fun" sound sig but that;s not to say an audiophile can't enjoy that. Remember, what we do is all about the music.

sorry for the derail

Second. They are the best in what they do and yes they are very wonky but thats kind of the point with them. Now the new line yuck!! Bass is weak sound stinks and build quality is terrible

Jan 20, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #9,157 of 9,815
Quote:

Out of curiosity, what regional expression does buck stand for $100?  I thought a buck = $1 in US...

Jan 20, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #9,158 of 9,815
Super amp Closeout at Shoreline:

Music Hall DAC/Amp 25.3 - $395

Fostex HP-A3 - $309

CEntrance DAC Mini - $595

Other goodies as well...

http://www.shorelinemusic.com/closeouts/

Jan 20, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #9,159 of 9,815
Jan 20, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #9,160 of 9,815
Quote:
It does!
tongue.gif

im from the south...though dont act like it...i just figured it was a national thing....i also don't get out much so....

Jan 20, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #9,161 of 9,815
Quote:
[snip]

Quote:
Out of curiosity, what regional expression does buck stand for $100?  I thought a buck = $1 in US...

Quote:

Quote:
im from the south...though dont act like it...i just figured it was a national thing....i also don't get out much so....

"A buck fifty" can mean $1.50 or it can mean $150.00 - depending on the context.  We're supposed to place the decimal as best makes sense. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #9,162 of 9,815
And if I was ripping down the highway at a buck fifty that would translate to 150 kph... Many adaptations.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Jan 20, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #9,163 of 9,815
Quote:
Two pair of returned HifiMAN HE-500s from Head Room @ $599, each.  In this case, they still provide you with the warranty, too and this price is a bit below what some of the "nearly new" HE-500s sell for, or ask for in the forum here.

http://www.headphone.com/support/b-stock-outlet.php

I can't believe they're still there 3 1/2 hours after your post.  I looked all over when I bought mine recently (at list price) and could find absolutely no discounts / returns / B-stock anywhere. This is the finest headphone I've ever heard, better than my Beyer T1 IMO ....  If your budget can swing it, I would run, not walk and grab one before they're gone.

Jan 20, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #9,165 of 9,815
Quote:
Quote:
Two pair of returned HifiMAN HE-500s from Head Room @ $599, each.  In this case, they still provide you with the warranty, too and this price is a bit below what some of the "nearly new" HE-500s sell for, or ask for in the forum here.

http://www.headphone.com/support/b-stock-outlet.php

I can't believe they're still there 3 1/2 hours after your post.  I looked all over when I bought mine recently (at list price) and could find absolutely no discounts / returns / B-stock anywhere. This is the finest headphone I've ever heard, better than my Beyer T1 IMO ....  If your budget can swing it, I would run, not walk and grab one before they're gone.

I think it's because you have to call to order and they're only open Mon-Fri for certain hours.  Otherwise, yeah, they'd probably be gone by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back