The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Jan 20, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #9,166 of 9,815
Quote:
I can't believe they're still there 3 1/2 hours after your post.  I looked all over when I bought mine recently (at list price) and could find absolutely no discounts / returns / B-stock anywhere. This is the finest headphone I've ever heard, better than my Beyer T1 IMO ....  If your budget can swing it, I would run, not walk and grab one before they're gone.

really, i got a chance to compare them with my hd 600 today, and i prefered the 600. the 500 just didnt have the extension in the highs for me. I guess i just dont like warmth...meh

Jan 20, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #9,167 of 9,815
Quote:
Now I'd say thats a bit harsh. I too owned them. They are bassy, but that's the point. At what they do, I have found few better. Yes, the specialize in rap and mainstream stuff like that. And yes it's a "fun" sound sig but that;s not to say an audiophile can't enjoy that. Remember, what we do is all about the music.

sorry for the derail

Gold turbines are a buck 50 at amazon

When I had them I loved them but it's only after being in this game for a little bit that you realize how trivial accentuated bass is, and how superior more detailed headphones are to those headphones that just crank up the bass. 

I find myself increasingly wanting less bass because music just sounds so much more complete when you can hear everything else. 

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #9,168 of 9,815
Quote:

When I had them I loved them but it's only after being in this game for a little bit that you realize how trivial accentuated bass is, and how superior more detailed headphones are to those headphones that just crank up the bass. 

I find myself increasingly wanting less bass because music just sounds so much more complete when you can hear everything else. 

meh, your view. I have the HD600 so i know what detail is. I liked the XB700, it just didnt suit my music taste. 

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #9,169 of 9,815
Quote:

What? lol. The HE-500 are far from accentuated bass headphones. In fact, they are probably one of the more neutral orthos right now. Not sure what you mean by "cranking up the bass" but the HE-500s are just not at all what you describe.

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #9,170 of 9,815
Quote:

I think it's because you have to call to order and they're only open Mon-Fri for certain hours.  Otherwise, yeah, they'd probably be gone by now.

Probably first thing in the morning they'll be gone. That is a great deal on a great can.

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #9,171 of 9,815
Quote:
What? lol. The HE-500 are far from accentuated bass headphones. In fact, they are probably one of the more neutral orthos right now. Not sure what you mean by "cranking up the bass" but the HE-500s are just not at all what you describe.

We're talking about the XB700s. My point being, I find that I was incredibly naive when I first got into this stuff because my idea of good music used to be pounding bass. I didn't realize how inexperienced and ignorant I was. Not saying that everyone who likes bloated-bass headphones are ignorant but that's my personal characterization of how my musical tastes used to be. 

And it's a big issue, cause, I think it really affects your perception of music. If you have bass-heavy headphones, and place value on bass over clarity, it will definitely be more difficult to appreciate certain genres of music. 

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #9,172 of 9,815
Headphone.com is selling the Denon D7100 brand new for $799

http://www.headphone.com/support/denon-ah-d7100.php

I know they are a bit over priced even at the $799 price buuuuut still better than the $1100 + price tag they normally carry...

Amazon also has some deals on like new models of the 7100's that start at $659 and the seller is claiming that they are actually new not used but the box has been opened so the can't sell them as new anymore.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00858I560/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #9,173 of 9,815
Quote:

We're talking about the XB700s. My point being, I find that I was incredibly naive when I first got into this stuff because my idea of good music used to be pounding bass. I didn't realize how inexperienced and ignorant I was. Not saying that everyone who likes bloated-bass headphones are ignorant but that's my personal characterization of how my musical tastes used to be. 

And it's a big issue, cause, I think it really affects your perception of music. If you have bass-heavy headphones, and place value on bass over clarity, it will definitely be more difficult to appreciate certain genres of music. 

Ah, well in that case.. I totally agree with what you are saying haha.
beyersmile.png

Jan 21, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #9,174 of 9,815
Quote:
Headphone.com is selling the Denon D7100 brand new for $799

http://www.headphone.com/support/denon-ah-d7100.php

I know they are a bit over priced even at the $799 price buuuuut still better than the $1100 + price tag they normally carry...

Amazon also has some deals on like new models of the 7100's that start at $659 and the seller is claiming that they are actually new not used but the box has been opened so the can't sell them as new anymore.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00858I560/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Those have been sitting there unsold for many weeks, and with good reason. Even at $650 these are terrible headphones, so please save your money and get a good pair. Too much buyer's regret on these headphones so far. 

Jan 21, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #9,175 of 9,815
Those have been sitting there unsold for many weeks, and with good reason. Even at $650 these are terrible headphones, so please save your money and get a good pair. Too much buyer's regret on these headphones so far. 

I agree but to each is own. Someone may still wanna try em out so a deal is a deal even when it's Junk :wink:

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #9,179 of 9,815
That HE-500 for $599 appears to be a really good deal. If something similar came up for the HE-400 I would pounce. 

P.S. I need a Fiio E17! Any deals?

Look at this on eBay:

Fiio E17 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier Brand New!

http://bit.ly/VKJrX9

$119 was the counter offer they sent me and that's $20 cheaper than anywhere else that I could find

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #9,180 of 9,815
Quote:
That HE-500 for $599 appears to be a really good deal. If something similar came up for the HE-400 I would pounce. 

P.S. I need a Fiio E17! Any deals?

Headphone.com often lists the b-stock HE-400 at $339. It looks like one is on the site again today. Hadn't seen it listed for over a week now so probably just came in.
They also currently have a b-stock E17 right now listed for $119.

http://www.headphone.com/support/b-stock-outlet.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back