The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Jan 13, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #8,971 of 9,815
Couldn't agree more on monster's skimming tactics.
Only Monster's ludicrous overpricing would give them the ability to do that. 
biggrin.gif
Recently got immersion for $30 , retails @ 150.

Jan 13, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #8,972 of 9,815
Quote:
Pretty hefty price drops on a lot of open box Denon D600 listed at amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00858I4F2/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1358068307&sr=8-1&keywords=denon+d600&condition=used)

Dipping to $300 mark. Although, the sony's listed earlier are a much better can than the D600 :/

Seems like a lot of people return those D600

Has Denon fallin that far?? The Sony's are better than the D600's? Have you heard either one? Read on Headfonia one of the reviewers said that the D600 was better than the D5000 (listening to them as we speak) and I found that really hard to believe based off of what people have been posting about them so far but to each is own I guess. What are the Sony's like and if the price dips down there again are they worth it?? The (new) XB line has done everything it could to turn me off of Sony cans FOR-EV-VER!! But forever in the headphone world is a pretty short time so I'd be willing to give them a try for the right price.

$313 For like New D600 from Amazon is the lowest price on like new I've come across so far. Amazon "like new" is basically new so I wouldn't stress for a second about buying them if I was looking into getting the D600's.

Jan 13, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #8,973 of 9,815
Has Denon fallin that far?? The Sony's are better than the D600's? Have you heard either one? Read on Headfonia one of the reviewers said that the D600 was better than the D5000 (listening to them as we speak) and I found that really hard to believe based off of what people have been posting about them so far but to each is own I guess. What are the Sony's like and if the price dips down there again are they worth it?? The (new) XB line has done everything it could to turn me off of Sony cans FOR-EV-VER!! But forever in the headphone world is a pretty short time so I'd be willing to give them a try for the right price.

$313 For like New D600
ir

from Amazon is the lowest price on like new I've come across so far. Amazon "like new" is basically new so I wouldn't stress for a second about buying them if I was looking into getting the D600's.

I was thinking the same thing. I would've probably pulled the trigger on these had I not already have the d2k and hd650. Still intrigued though. But also still think they're very unattractive compared to the original style

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #8,974 of 9,815
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. I would've probably pulled the trigger on these had I not already have the d2k and hd650. Still intrigued though. But also still think they're very unattractive compared to the original style

Personally, I own a lot of headphones, and the Denon D600's are really a great pair if you need closed headphones. I think they are better than the D2k, tighter bass  and better isolation. They have great detail and SQ but with a sound that works especially well with rock, dance and indie music. The low end has great extension without the bloat of some popular headphones, with the rest of the spectrum sounding fine. They really are balanced but with extension on the bass end, they would make a bass lover happy, but also anyone else who enjoys a fun sound.

A lot of people here on the boards criticize them, but most have not heard them. In the price range, I prefer them over the HD650, and that's saying something since one is open and the other closed (I do prefer the HD600 over the HD650).

Actually, those who have bought them and reviewed them, tend to like them:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/denon-ah-d600/reviews
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AH-D600-ManiacTM-Over-Ear-Headphones/product-reviews/B00858I4F2/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1
http://www.wired.com/reviews/2012/10/denon-ah-d600/

Btw, partly because they do isolate so well as well as the comfort with long term wear, I use mine at work; and have received compliments on how good they look.

For $300 they are a steal!!

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #8,975 of 9,815
Quote:

$313 For like New D600 from Amazon is the lowest price on like new I've come across so far. Amazon "like new" is basically new so I wouldn't stress for a second about buying them if I was looking into getting the D600's.

I don't know if its fair to say that Denon is 'falling'. The last line of headphones' drivers were made by another company. If you're worried you won't like the Sony's because they'll be too bassy, the 1Rs are definitely not. There's a bit of a bass kick, but it's not at the same level as the XB line by a long shot. I'm not sure what they were going for with that line. The Sonys are clearly a better thought out and executed headphone line than the D600. If you're looking for something that is strictly portable than the 1R is much better. If you're looking for something that isn't so portable, there's a lot of other headphones too! 

I've heard the D600 and D7100. Got serious sit down time with them. I would love for these to sound better because they are REALLY comfy. I read that review at headphonia and laughed. The reviewer really doesn't have much music experience, and the things he was saying made me chuckle a bit. 

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #8,976 of 9,815
I think the D600 sounds fine, just overpriced at $500. Then again the HD800 is priced at $1500 when they sound more like 1000, seems like that is common business practice these days. However at $300-350 the D600 easily beats out all the pieces of crap at Apple Store, with the possible exception of the Momentum (just talking full-size only of course).

People seem to forget that the new Denons were made to compete in the same market that Beats currently reigns supreme, so an *audiophile* sound approach most likely won't work. Basically the D600 sounds like a refined Beats, with less muddy, more quality bass and better mid/treble performance, packed in a luxurious box with BS marketing written all over it and all kinds of cool extras. The D600 is not perfect, but neither were the D5000 or the D7000, some people modded the hell out of their pairs and claimed that the stock model were borderline awful after listening to the modded version. What gives?    

And last but not least, if you don't like bassy headphones, don't buy one and then complain that they are bad, period. I bought the D600 knowing exactly what to expect, so I wasn't in any shock whatsoever.

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #8,978 of 9,815
Quote:
Sony MDR1RNC listed on Amazon at $315.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009A6CZ44/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_csp?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_r=1230Z9BHDJZC5VBSNF5S&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470939031&pf_rd_i=507846

Anyone tried these? 
looking for comfortable noise canceling headphones for traveling 

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #8,979 of 9,815
Quote:

Anyone tried these? 
looking for comfortable noise canceling headphones for traveling 

Those are fairly new. Jude tried them according to the holiday gift guide (the last headphone reviewed) I was wondering the same yesterday, but for travelling I prefer IEMs. I think they are the best option if you are really looking for noise cancelling headphones. Go for them, and you should hurry! I was hoping to get the MDR1R for 188$, but the deal was over the day after.. 

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #8,981 of 9,815
AKG K430 for $30 with free shipping. Looks like the last time the price dropped this low was December 2010.

Amazon 3rd party: http://www.amazon.com/AKG-430-Foldable-Mini-Headphone/dp/B0028N78BG/
Musician's friend: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/akg-k-430-closed-back-on-ear-headphones?CJAID=10383227&CJPID=4485850

Reviews here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/524071/akg-k430-impressions-thread
http://www.head-fi.org/t/450040/review-comparison-akg-k430-koss-porta-pro-senheisser-px100-logitech-noise-cancelling-headphones-v-moda-bass-mix

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #8,984 of 9,815

[size=1.7em] Sony XBA-3IP - 3 Drivers Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones for Apple[/size]

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-XBA-3IP-Balanced--Ear-Headphones/dp/B006K556Y4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1358190344&sr=1-1&keywords=xba+3ip

[size=small]
List Price:​
$298.00
Price:​
[size=1.35em]$134.50[/size] 
check-prime-45x13._V192552839_.gif
You Save:​
$163.50 (55%)
[/size]  
This deal puts it at almost the same price as the Groupon $130, except imo its better because you get the 2-day prime shipping.

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #8,985 of 9,815
Anyone else have an opinion on the Sennheiser HD428...thinking of pulling the trigger on these.  Thanks!

I own a pair. They're nice headhones, incredibly comfortable. The sound on them is pretty impressive. The bass goes deep and extends really well. The mids and highs are slightly recessed and the highs definitely roll off at the upper end, I don't feel like anything is emphasized at all. It's a really balanaced set of cans. Picked mine up for $28 and I think it was an absolute steal. Definitely worth about $50-65.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back